Apple

Relevance Date Difficulty

Machine Learning PhD Intern Interview

Machine Learning PhD Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Following a departmental email, I sent my details and CV to the person coordinating the hire. I Was contacted a few days later to let me know my application was in and that they'll schedule a phone screen in a few days, which they did (via email). The phone screen was fairly general and non-technical, "what type of work you've done in the past, what type of work do you prefer doing" type of questions. After the screen, I was contacted via email and an on-site half-day of interviews was scheduled (I live in driving distance of Apple offices). The interviews were half-technical (mostly data structures and algorithms questions, some general machine learning knowledge questions) and half-"touchy-feely" (what's the project you've done that you like the most, and why, why Apple, etc.). As of a week ago I've been told the hiring process is still ongoing and I am waiting for their final word.

Interview Question – There were some algorithmic questions (basically they describe a case where you need to do a complicated search over large datasets, I solved the problem via KD-trees, which the reviewer seemed to like, but they ended up implementing a giant hash instead).   Answer Question

BigData Ops Engineer Interview

BigData Ops Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – One of the recruiters pinged me on Linkedin. Took one interview call with hiring manager and decided not to continue with the process. The one hour interview call started with a rapid fire questionnaire from basic unix to advanced troubleshooting, application behavior etc without pleasantries or intros what-so-ever.

Interview Question – root squashing   View Answer

Reason for Declining – By the end of the call, i could understand hiring manager has no idea what exactly the role was or at which contribution level the role was. Conflicting needs and little to no info on the scope of the role.

Very Easy Interview

Mac Expert Interview

Mac Expert
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Interview Details – got on thru a contractor. was apple badged within 1st year

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Austin, TX

I interviewed at Apple in August 2010.

Interview Details – Currently you can only get hired through Volt and not by Apple directly. Group interview plus one on one interview. They are looking for a specific type of person. I was lucky enough to be picked from about 30 candidates. They are looking for super positive people who are ALWAYS happy and never say no..

Interview Question – What impact will you have on the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Mac Expert Interview

Mac Expert
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was through a massive hiring agency Volt@Apple.
Process was great! Got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over another candidate?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

At-Home Advisor Interview

At-Home Advisor
San Marcos, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – First you submit your resume to the recruiters via web then you answer some questions online regarding your experience on working with technology and customer service. Then you go to the interview in the university and are interviewed One to One via an iPad. During the interview you talk about your self and your work experience. You talk about what you do in school and your hobbies.

Negotiation Details – For the At-Home Advisor position, everyone gets the same pay.

Very Difficult Interview

CPU Technical Customer Service Support Representative Interview

CPU Technical Customer Service Support Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Landed phone interview, the recruiter was rude.

Interview Question – What is your favorite smart phone feature?   Answer Question

Curriculum Developer Interview

Curriculum Developer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – Ever have a meeting with someone who is texting on their phone the entire time? That is what its like to interview with Apple over the telephone or in person. The recruiter, manager and team members would ask me to repeat what I said or would never make eye contact.

Interview Question – Unexpected is the aloof personalities.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Aloof maangers and team.

CPU Verification Engineer Intern Interview

CPU Verification Engineer Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a campus onsite directly after talking to a campus recruiter from CPU group on career fair. The very next day, I was interviewed for pure technical questions (on white board). Very basic questions about verilog, synthesis, verification, multi-core, cache coherency, and give me 5 mins to talk about myself. [this round is positive]

After 3 weeks, I was contacted by CPU group in texas claiming they are interested in me. This time, the recruiter was very impolite and impatient. He kept grumbling that he was busy today and he had a meeting soon, he didn't prepare at all and he probably lost my resume. During this interview, I highly doubt he was listening or what. He asked verification stuff, whatever I said, he found a way to refute me in a rude way. then he asked out of order scheduling, register renaming, 3 kinds of data dependency, virtual memory, MESI protocol, merge sort. every topic is in quite a detail. And eventually, he said I have to go, ask a question I can answer in 2 mins. I said since you are from the CPU group, any comment on the new A7 chip, new 64-bit processor since everybody is talking about it? He said, I have no comment.

I felt his emotion affected our interview a lot and I felt really bad after this interview. Only within a couple of hours, Apple rejected me. I guess he must have written a really bad review of me and gave me a "negative" although I answered almost all the questions.

Interview Question – Why there is a E stage in MESI protocol, I said I don't know, will you please teach me that? He said, NO.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, the hiring manager said I would be contacted to set up in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager, three peer managers and two potential co-workers. The in-person interviews in all took about 4 hours. I was told at the end that I would hear from them to schedule the next round of interviews. I never heard back from Apple even after I called and emailed the hiring manager and internal recruiter.

Interview Question – How would you write the business requirements for a toaster   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple