Apple

Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.1

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Went had 3 interview about 3 days apart from each other. First one was a feeder call. Asking technical questions and scheduled me for the next interview which was face time. The next interviewer was with the apple recruiter. The apple recruiter is your new best friend. They will ask you questions the same as the first interview and such. "Be aware of role playing!" He will then refer you to another interview with the At Home advisor Team leader. This isn't necessarily your team leader if you get hired, but you need to make a good impression. CUSTOMER support! Its one thing to be technical but you need to be friendly and competent as well. Ask questions when he/she asks you if you have questions. Simple things like "How is working at apple?" "What is your position?" "How long have you had this position?" "Where are you from?"

Interview Questions
    • Role Playing.

My daughter doesn't know how to swim and she fell in the pool. I jumped in to save her with my phone. I need help my phone doesn't turn on.

View Answers (2)

Human Resources HelpLine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online. Was contacted by HR and then was set up for onsite interviews with 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions - how do you handle an escalated caller?   Answer Question
    I asked for more than offered and they met me in the middle of our figures.

Machine Learning PhD Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Following a departmental email, I sent my details and CV to the person coordinating the hire. I Was contacted a few days later to let me know my application was in and that they'll schedule a phone screen in a few days, which they did (via email). The phone screen was fairly general and non-technical, "what type of work you've done in the past, what type of work do you prefer doing" type of questions. After the screen, I was contacted via email and an on-site half-day of interviews was scheduled (I live in driving distance of Apple offices). The interviews were half-technical (mostly data structures and algorithms questions, some general machine learning knowledge questions) and half-"touchy-feely" (what's the project you've done that you like the most, and why, why Apple, etc.). As of a week ago I've been told the hiring process is still ongoing and I am waiting for their final word.

Interview Questions
    • There were some algorithmic questions (basically they describe a case where you need to do a complicated search over large datasets, I solved the problem via KD-trees, which the reviewer seemed to like, but they ended up implementing a giant hash instead).   Answer Question

Manager Demand Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Call with recruiter, then more senior recruiter. Then Facetime with a couple of "peers", Wait 2 two weeks and fly to Austin. Interview with 6 people and then present case study on iBike. Had a great day talking to the people - all were Managers - no directors or vp's -- at the end of the day did my presentation on the iBike. The group didn't appreciate the direction I took -- they were all Managers - I think that if VP or Director level person was there, things would have gone better.

Interview Questions
    • On your team, how many "A" "B" and "C" players would you want. I said all "A" and the guy said but they will all want to leave, I said yes but they are the best people to have. It was very strange. I don't think it was an "apple" question just this one persons.   Answer Question

Applecare Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

I applied for a position with apple austin back in january of 2014. they contacted me in Feb and then sometime in march I had my first actual interview with someone about the job (the previous contacts were the vetting phone conversations - 2 of those) In all I had 14 interviews over a 6 month period. I submitted portfolio samples, code samples, and style samples. In the end I didn't get the job and it might have been because of the frustration that I was feeling in the last few weeks before the decision . It came down to two of us and they picked the other person. But I think that 6 months is WAY too long to decide a job position. for the main reason that there were 3 or 4 other positions that came along at Apple during this process that I applied for but was passed over because they had me listed 'In Process' for the other job. 2 of the other jobs were almost exactly the same position as the one that I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • All in all the interviews were very easy going and I had little problem answering all the questions they had.   Answer Question

BigData Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

One of the recruiters pinged me on Linkedin. Took one interview call with hiring manager and decided not to continue with the process. The one hour interview call started with a rapid fire questionnaire from basic unix to advanced troubleshooting, application behavior etc without pleasantries or intros what-so-ever.

Interview Questions

By the end of the call, i could understand hiring manager has no idea what exactly the role was or at which contribution level the role was. Conflicting needs and little to no info on the scope of the role.

CPU Technical Customer Service Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in December 2013.

Applied online. Landed phone interview, the recruiter was rude.

CPU Verification Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

I was given a campus onsite directly after talking to a campus recruiter from CPU group on career fair. The very next day, I was interviewed for pure technical questions (on white board). Very basic questions about verilog, synthesis, verification, multi-core, cache coherency, and give me 5 mins to talk about myself. [this round is positive]

After 3 weeks, I was contacted by CPU group in texas claiming they are interested in me. This time, the recruiter was very impolite and impatient. He kept grumbling that he was busy today and he had a meeting soon, he didn't prepare at all and he probably lost my resume. During this interview, I highly doubt he was listening or what. He asked verification stuff, whatever I said, he found a way to refute me in a rude way. then he asked out of order scheduling, register renaming, 3 kinds of data dependency, virtual memory, MESI protocol, merge sort. every topic is in quite a detail. And eventually, he said I have to go, ask a question I can answer in 2 mins. I said since you are from the CPU group, any comment on the new A7 chip, new 64-bit processor since everybody is talking about it? He said, I have no comment.

I felt his emotion affected our interview a lot and I felt really bad after this interview. Only within a couple of hours, Apple rejected me. I guess he must have written a really bad review of me and gave me a "negative" although I answered almost all the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why there is a E stage in MESI protocol, I said I don't know, will you please teach me that? He said, NO.   View Answer

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Ever have a meeting with someone who is texting on their phone the entire time? That is what its like to interview with Apple over the telephone or in person. The recruiter, manager and team members would ask me to repeat what I said or would never make eye contact.

Aloof maangers and team.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by a recruiter and a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, the hiring manager said I would be contacted to set up in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager, three peer managers and two potential co-workers. The in-person interviews in all took about 4 hours. I was told at the end that I would hear from them to schedule the next round of interviews. I never heard back from Apple even after I called and emailed the hiring manager and internal recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you write the business requirements for a toaster   Answer Question