Apple Back of House Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2014

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Back of House Specialist Interview

I internally transferred into this position from the sales floor, so prior to, I always helped out with inventory placement & things surrounding matters of BOH & their daily functions. The interviewing & hiring was virtually nonexistent for me simply due to my efforts with the BOH team & my expressed interest in moving to my managers on the floor & the leadership in the Back of House.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2011.

One phone interview. After that, I interview with the department manager, then the store leader, then finally with the market leader. It was rigorous, but a learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a problem that you solved and describe the process you went through.   Answer Question
    It was pretty straight forward. I received the off letter with pay rate and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

I applied online without expecting anything to happen. A week or two later I received a call from a hiring manager from a particular store in my area, asking if any other Apple recruiters had contacted me and if I would be interested in interviewing for his store. I had not been contacted by anyone else and agreed to an on-the-spot phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it went well. He asked me about my previous work experience and a few personality gauging questions, then offered me an in person interview the following week.

The next interview was not what I expected; I was interviewing along with another candidate. It was a little awkward at first but I'm a competitive person so I think it actually helped me in the interview to be better than the guy next to me. I beat out the competition and moved on to the next round of interviews.

In all, I went through 5 interviews to get the job. The first and last interviews were the easiest as the managers were simply gauging me as a person and what I would bring to Apple as an individual with my own interests. All of the interviews were conducted by my current store managers, with exception of the last interview. The last was conducted by the regional manager. Oh, and all of the interviews were competitive, group interviews, ranging from a group of 2-5 candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything in particular that makes you angry or frustrated?   View Answer

Back of House Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2009.

Phone interview
    group interview
    one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • All situation questions.
      Name a time when you were faced with a tough situation at work in your previous employment. How did you deal with it?
        View Answer
    They made an offer and I accepted

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!