Apple

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter.

Interview Question – Describe a task that you failed at and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied thru their website, and two weeks later was asked to come to a hiring event. I did not have any phone interviews prior. There were nearly 60 people there. The first event was designed to weed out the numbers so that they could give more focused interviews to the people who stood out at the hiring event.

Interview Question – Very standard questions, to judge competence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Business Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen then face to face then phone screen with an RVP then offer letter.

Interview Question – None. It was relatively easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Business Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then multiple interview with managers. Very good experience, looking to get a feel for the individual not necessarily what you know about Apple. Then individual interview with hiring manager, then back to HR.

Interview Question – What was the hardest problem you had to solve and how did you solve it. Personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a conflict with the starting date an lost the opportunity.

Fresno, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an Apple corporate recruiter out of Texas. I had two telephone interviews with the recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following the phone interview with the hiring manager, I flew to the city where they wanted me to work and interviewed with the hiring manager and one other manager. That was followed up by another phone interview with the Business Development Manager. I then flew back to the city for a final interview with the Store Leader to finalize the process and make sure I had spoken to all the right people.

Interview Question – How long will it take for you to make a meaningful contribution in your role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation. I spoke to the recruiter and we discussed pay ranges and I said that there was a problem in that I thought the pay rate and the limitations on income without commissions was too low. Still, I wanted to work with the company. When I was offered the position they gave me the income at the top of the range I had discussed with the recruiter and when I stalled and asked for more they said it was a take it or leave it offer.

Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – First interview takes place over the phone. If you do well, they invite you to a hiring "mixer" which is interesting, because you really get a feel of what the candidate pool is made up of. The offer takes place afterward.

Interview Question – There aren't really that many questions once you make it to the mixer. It's really more your time to ask questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offer you a position two steps below your experience base, at pay that is far below your current pay grade. It's borderline insulting.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very long and drawn out process, had a total of 7 different interviews with as many as five people at a time. Never did understand why I interviewed at 3 different stores, sometimes in hallways or back rooms. Very shocked at how unprofessional this company's interview process was. Apple is a very sought after company but I don't feel that their interview process truly represents what the company states. It changed my mind completely about the company and not for the better!

Interview Question – Too many of the same standard questions that everyone ask in a different format: Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member or manager. Tell me about your weakness.   View Answer

Business Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

Interview Details – there are 4 to 6 interviews beginning with phone interviews with a recriuter who will be your point of contact throughout the process. They are a big cheerleader and will give you valuable feedback on what to focus on during next steps. All questions are competency based using Lomginger FYI book available at Amazon.com. The questions will be situationally based... i.e. "tell me about a time when you did X or were faced with X..."

Interview Question – If I did not have a specific one situation to draw from, I blended multiple experiences to display my thought processes and strategic thinking ability.   Answer Question

Business Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interview process for a retail management position was LONG. I interviewed for close to 5 months. I was interviewed for a position that was just being created, and as synch all of the information that was imparted to me about the actual job requirements were WRONG.

Interview Question – I'm unable to remember the most difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is negotiation with Apple Retail.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Smart recruiter, sold me on the position and the company

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Business Manager interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.