Apple Business Manager Interview Questions

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Received call from recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a task that you failed at and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

I applied thru their website, and two weeks later was asked to come to a hiring event. I did not have any phone interviews prior. There were nearly 60 people there. The first event was designed to weed out the numbers so that they could give more focused interviews to the people who stood out at the hiring event.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions, to judge competence.   View Answer
    NA

Business Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2011.

Phone screen then face to face then phone screen with an RVP then offer letter.

No negotiation

Business Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Initial phone interview then multiple interview with managers. Very good experience, looking to get a feel for the individual not necessarily what you know about Apple. Then individual interview with hiring manager, then back to HR.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest problem you had to solve and how did you solve it. Personally or professionally.   Answer Question

I had a conflict with the starting date an lost the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

I was recruited by an Apple corporate recruiter out of Texas. I had two telephone interviews with the recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following the phone interview with the hiring manager, I flew to the city where they wanted me to work and interviewed with the hiring manager and one other manager. That was followed up by another phone interview with the Business Development Manager. I then flew back to the city for a final interview with the Store Leader to finalize the process and make sure I had spoken to all the right people.

Interview Questions
    • How long will it take for you to make a meaningful contribution in your role?   View Answer
    There was very little negotiation. I spoke to the recruiter and we discussed pay ranges and I said that there was a problem in that I thought the pay rate and the limitations on income without commissions was too low. Still, I wanted to work with the company. When I was offered the position they gave me the income at the top of the range I had discussed with the recruiter and when I stalled and asked for more they said it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

First interview takes place over the phone. If you do well, they invite you to a hiring "mixer" which is interesting, because you really get a feel of what the candidate pool is made up of. The offer takes place afterward.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't really that many questions once you make it to the mixer. It's really more your time to ask questions.   Answer Question

They offer you a position two steps below your experience base, at pay that is far below your current pay grade. It's borderline insulting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple in December 2012.

Very long and drawn out process, had a total of 7 different interviews with as many as five people at a time. Never did understand why I interviewed at 3 different stores, sometimes in hallways or back rooms. Very shocked at how unprofessional this company's interview process was. Apple is a very sought after company but I don't feel that their interview process truly represents what the company states. It changed my mind completely about the company and not for the better!

Interview Questions
    • Too many of the same standard questions that everyone ask in a different format: Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member or manager. Tell me about your weakness.   View Answer

Business Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

there are 4 to 6 interviews beginning with phone interviews with a recriuter who will be your point of contact throughout the process. They are a big cheerleader and will give you valuable feedback on what to focus on during next steps. All questions are competency based using Lomginger FYI book available at Amazon.com. The questions will be situationally based... i.e. "tell me about a time when you did X or were faced with X..."

Interview Questions
    • If I did not have a specific one situation to draw from, I blended multiple experiences to display my thought processes and strategic thinking ability.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple.

The interview process for a retail management position was LONG. I interviewed for close to 5 months. I was interviewed for a position that was just being created, and as synch all of the information that was imparted to me about the actual job requirements were WRONG.

Interview Questions
    There is negotiation with Apple Retail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Apple.

Smart recruiter, sold me on the position and the company

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!