Apple

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview is generally a group interview. You must make yourself stand out. 2nd interview will be with a Senior Manager for some situational questions. 3rd Interview will be with the Store Leader, asking technical question, some situational questions and want to see what your emotional responses are to certain questions. 4th interview: if you make it to this point you basically have the job, it is just have a final chat with the Market Leader.

Interview Question – You are the only leader on the floor. There is a Customer issue that needs your attention, but you have also seen a known theft group just enter your store. How do you handle this while ensuring the rest of the store is running smoothly?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – Took four months. First interview was a crazy group interview at a hotel with like 80 people. They broke us up into small groups and did general question interviews where candidates had to fight to make themselves heard. Second interview was at the store with two senior managers. These questions were very specific about your past history and the interviewers were very personable and unassuming. Third interview was with store leader and he was great! Final interview with district manager was dumb as he asked no relevant questions and only tried to intimidate.

Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2012.

Interview Details – Several different interviews with different levels of the food chain. Negotiation was not the easiest thing to do.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself at Apple in 2 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not offer much, I asked for more, they said no, but at the last minute they gave me a small bump.

Very Easy Interview

White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had three 1 to 1 interviews with three different managers in a three week process before, taking a background check and proceeding to getting an offer letter. The interviews were down to earth, the questions weren't hard and the interviewers made the process easy and stress free. They were nice and asked questions to get to know the individual as well as get to know how you would handle both the positive and negative aspects of the job.

Interview Question – Describe how you would handle a busy situation where, three people are waiting for help from you.   Answer Question

Business Specialist

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview process that lasted about 3 total months from initial phone interview with a recruiter to receiving offer. 3 face to face interviews starting with the market leader, followed by the hiring manager and their manager. They look for dynamic candidates with B2B sales experience that offer intangibles that will help the rest of the team grow.

Interview Question – When a sale doesn't go through, what's the primary reason why?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I negotiated an increase in pay.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Asked questions about experiences, why I love Apple, WHat my super powers would be, questions were all over the place few had anything to with sales or tech experience

Interview Question – If you could choose a super power what would it be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called by a recruiter and offered a set rate no negotiation.

Business Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – Sorry, i cannot tell what i did about the detail of the Apple interview, but it is wonderful, happy time.

Interview Question – what's ur greatest achievement in the last year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – more than 100 persons in the group interview, less opportunity to show oneself.

Business Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – I have owned a publishing business since 1995 that has been entirely Mac-based. This has given me considerable experience with the Mac environment and when the things began to look bleak in mid 2011, I decided to seek a job with Apple retail.
Checking online, I saw that they had a Business Specialist position. Described as a liaison between the Apple Store and the business community, it seemed a perfect fit.
I submitted my resume on the Apple employment site and was contacted via email to attend a hiring seminar. The seminar was held at a local hotel on a Tuesday. My guess is that there were about 50-60 applicants.
The seminar started with a pep-rally with 12-15 partners who cheered us all inside a conference area. We were all seated five people to a table.
The partners assembled in a line in the front of the room and began a 30-minute presentation on the benefits of working for Apple.
After the questions, each of the five-person tables got a partner to conduct a group interview. All the people at my table were male, as was the interviewer.
After each question, he went around the table clockwise and listened to the individual answers. I had an advantage being seated to his right, so I had the most time to think of an answer.
The first question was “what’s your favorite movie.” This was followed by more Mac-centric questions that centered on retail. The focus was the importance of customer service. Some of the other candidates had odd answers to the questions.
Once the discussion was over, we all filled out a paper application. The application had more questions and an outline of our availability.
The overall seminar proceeded quickly and we were all cheered out within an hour. Everyone was ensured that they would be contacted with days regardless if they were to go forward.
The following day, I received a phone call inviting me to an interview at an Apple Store, on a Friday. My interview was conducted in a seating area in the mall. My interviewer was casually dressed and was polite and professional. I later learned he was a manager at the store where my application was directed. We spoke for thirty minutes and discussed a variety of topics, mostly regarding my long experience with the product. In my responses, I emphasized my relationship with making a living using Apple products. He seemed impressed and asked if I would be immediately available for a third interview. I stated that I was, but the person conducting those interviews was not. I rescheduled for the following business day, a Monday.
I had been led to believe that the third interview was the “magic” one and unless I did something horrible, I would be offered a position.
The third interview was scheduled at another local hotel. I arrived to find a one staffing partner in the lobby, who advised me that the interview would be short.
The interview lasted five minutes and was given by Apple’s district manager. He had my application with him and he asked general questions, such as why I wanted to work with Apple and how it would be working for someone else after being self-employed.
The interviewer seemed pleased with my answers. I left with the assurance that I would be contacted shortly regardless of the decision made.
My invitation was on August 17th, 2011 for a seminar held on August 23rd. My second interview was on August 26th and my third interview with the district manger was on August 29th.
I received a blank email on August 31st, under the same subject line as the original invitation: “Re: Apple Hiring Event.” I wrote back the following day to see if it was a mistake. No response.
Since I had spoken to the staffing partner by name, I sent a more elaborate email summarizing my experience and reiterating my desire to work for the company on September 15th. At this point, I figured I didn’t get it, but I wanted to know definitively. No response.
I resent the same email on September 22, 2011—again, no response.
I stopped by the store in early October (the 2nd?) to shop. I casually explained my experience to one of the retail partners, who was amazed that I had three interviews and was not offered a job.
On October 18th, I returned to the store and bumped into the manager I interviewed with and asked him what had happened. I was polite and friendly. He assured me that I would hear soon and stated that it had only been a couple of days since we spoke. When I told him it had been nearly two months, he clammed up.
My business has picked up since last summer and I am no longer seeking outside employment. The lack of contact was unprofessional. I didn't see the manager again, nor have I in several visits. Perhaps he left the company and my interview information went with him.
I might still hear from them, although as I write this (May 3rd, 2012), my hopes are dimming!

Interview Question – Name a positive retail experience, other than Apple.   View Answer

Business Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – I'm still in the interviewing process for the business specialist position. I applied on whim through our university website without thinking that I'd get a callback because I'm a finance major and haven't had any sales experience. I was incredibly surprised to hear back from a recruiter a few weeks after I applied and interviewed with two members of the specialist team a few days later. They were friendly and laidback and made my 1 hour interview fly by. They were really interested in why I chose the companies I interned at, where I wanted to end up career-wise, and how my experiences would help enhance my role as a business specialist. I made it through to the second round of interviews, but I haven't had it yet.

Interview Questions

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!