Apple

60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Circuit Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from a staffing person saying a hiring manager wanted an interview with me and a senior member of his team. So got it set up and received the call from the senior engineer. He had a heavy accent..barely understandable over the phone, and extremely rude. He kept interrupting me mid sentence and barely let me talk. It's as if he was forced to do something he didn't want to do and just wanted to get it over with.

Interview Question – Asked me to draw circuits on paper and describe them over the phone..not an easy task to do this on the phone.   Answer Question

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Apple Retail - Expert
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – There will be some sort of technology knowledge test, which must be passed before moving on to the next step. This test includes questions about the more advanced features and inner workings of Apple hardware and software. Once this is completed there will be a panel interview consisting of 3-5 interviewers.

Interview Question – The difficult questions were often situational, "Tell us about a time you had to give a peer feedback, why were you giving them the feedback and how did you do it. How did the peer take it, do you think progress was made?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just to try, Apple tends to make almost great offers. Definitely more than you'd expect but not as much as you're worth.

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail inviting me to take part in a group hiring process.

There was around 25 people, and taking the advice of others here, I was my outgoing self and cracked some jokes as well as smiled A LOT and talked with the managers and people there, tried to be as friendly to the people I was interviewing with and the staff. I even remembered all their names. I thought I was the shiniest puppy there along with 2 others, and I know we stood out because some of the managers remembered our names. but I was surprised I didn't even make it past the first round.

Before heading in, you sign in with the managers or whatever, grab a name tag and when you do walk in, people started clapping.

So first they'll show you a bunch of videos basically an indoctrination of apple. You have to present and talk to the person next to you and introduce them to the group. It's basically a short fact presentation. Then they show you another video and asked you what surprised you. You have to be paying attention during this. Then they'll ask you to get into groups of 5 and ask you to discuss what makes Apple successful. They don't care about your answer, but they care about how you worked as a team. So they'll ask your team leaders how you guys talked, and how the team leader was chosen, who listened best.

After that you get an opportunity to ask questions and they tell you when you will be notified.

Overall, I have no concrete idea as to what it is they're looking for during this process. Managers are watching all the time, but as to how close I don't know. I just know that any questions they throw at you are nothing. What I would be more concerned about is how you act during this process.

Interview Question – (If you are team leader) In your team, who listened best?   View Answer

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview with activities.

Interview Question – What was the biggest area of opportunity for your last manager?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lack of compensation.

Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – They hype you up with videos and a casual interview, then they don't bother emailing you back.

Interview Question – What's your favourite app.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Internship Interview

Firmware Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – One phone interview followed by another phone interview using electronic whiteboard for me to write code.

Interview Question – Write a write-only function in C to write to the address passed in the parameter   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – To many nonsense questions that had nothing to do with the job.

Interview Question – Was able to answer everything   View Answer

Brossard, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – So I had been applying for about 5 months and do not get discouraged, my point is, keep submitting your application they'll take a look at it eventually.
After that time they called me up and asked me to come in for my interview. At first the interview was in French and it was fairly straight forward, asking about past job experiences, why I'd want to work for Apple, what I'm particularly proud of and so on. Very generic background questions that are pretty much already described on your resume.

The second interview was with another manager, the exact same questions but this time it was done in English.

No problems if you're bilingual!

Interview Question – There are two questions: explain how you bettered a work environment before applying here at Apple.

Who is your favorite manager and why?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy they are amazing at Apple, very organized and structured towards the application process and negotiation. They are extremely open and friendly.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Creative (Apple Store)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I went into the store to ask about what the hiring process looked like, and they told me to submit my resume online. I got an email to attend a group hiring session, and was invited back for a 1:1. Then I got the job offer. A lot of correspondence was through email.

Interview Question – There were not difficult or unexpected questions. Just the normal, give me an example of a time you had to give or receive feedback. How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an obscene wage in the interview. What they offered was great, and I was happy.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back 2 months later. At first, it is a group interview. They applaud as all the candidates walk in the room. Different managers are there and are evaluating candidates at all time. They present what it's like to work at Apple, the different positions available and what will be the steps after group interviews.
My interview was in the morning and around 4PM, I got a call for a second interview. This time, the interview was in the store itself with the Store Manager. It wasn't an interview as much as a discussion of what it was to work at Apple (the importance of customers, etc.).

Interview Question – The most difficult (although it wasn't that difficult) was the various role playing situations during the group interview. We did a total of 4 situations.   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!