Apple

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IOS Accessory Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Hand out resume at info session, got contacted in 2 weeks. The first phone interview is based on some basic transmission protocols like UART and I2C. Some basic C stuff is asked as well. Questions are like how many lines goes into UART, is clock and data on the same line and is I2C master slave or peer to peer.
    The second phone interview is much harder, down to the very basic level. Questions are like how to reverse a BYTE in C

Mechanical Engineer Quality Interview

The interview was a phone interview that was in-depth. Went through resume and asked many questions about specific tasks that were completed. Due to the fact that it was an intern position i believe the questions were simpler than usual.

Sales Manager Interview

Detailed process with seven individual interviews. Very deep questioning to establish fit. The panel of employees followed a similar routine but questions were tied to the individuals area of expertise. The process was very good in that candidate left with a full grounding of how the local company functions and the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Question: You don't have any of the skills to do this job, why are we even looking at you ? (In the end I was hired).   View Answer
    Straightforward with some minor movement back and forth. Very fair.

Ios Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Got contacted via email (LinkedIn). Had 2 phone interviews. Very nice people, very professional. Emphasis was more on generic Computer Science questions than specific iOS APIs. Had to solve some specific questions involving efficient use of data structures.
    Other topics involved multi-threading, Obj-C basics, design patterns, profiling tools.
    At the end had a chance to ask my own questions. Not much time for this so have them ready.

Apple Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Initial phone call with HR personnel to discuss my qualifications, interests, etc. A formal conversational interview was scheduled over the phone with manager that lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a company that is good or great even better?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I received an e-mail inviting me to take part in a group hiring process.

There was around 25 people, and taking the advice of others here, I was my outgoing self and cracked some jokes as well as smiled A LOT and talked with the managers and people there, tried to be as friendly to the people I was interviewing with and the staff. I even remembered all their names. I thought I was the shiniest puppy there along with 2 others, and I know we stood out because some of the managers remembered our names. but I was surprised I didn't even make it past the first round.

Before heading in, you sign in with the managers or whatever, grab a name tag and when you do walk in, people started clapping.

So first they'll show you a bunch of videos basically an indoctrination of apple. You have to present and talk to the person next to you and introduce them to the group. It's basically a short fact presentation. Then they show you another video and asked you what surprised you. You have to be paying attention during this. Then they'll ask you to get into groups of 5 and ask you to discuss what makes Apple successful. They don't care about your answer, but they care about how you worked as a team. So they'll ask your team leaders how you guys talked, and how the team leader was chosen, who listened best.

After that you get an opportunity to ask questions and they tell you when you will be notified.

Overall, I have no concrete idea as to what it is they're looking for during this process. Managers are watching all the time, but as to how close I don't know. I just know that any questions they throw at you are nothing. What I would be more concerned about is how you act during this process.

Interview Questions
    • (If you are team leader) In your team, who listened best?   View Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Got an email from a staffing person saying a hiring manager wanted an interview with me and a senior member of his team. So got it set up and received the call from the senior engineer. He had a heavy accent..barely understandable over the phone, and extremely rude. He kept interrupting me mid sentence and barely let me talk. It's as if he was forced to do something he didn't want to do and just wanted to get it over with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to draw circuits on paper and describe them over the phone..not an easy task to do this on the phone.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They hype you up with videos and a casual interview, then they don't bother emailing you back.

Firmware Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

One phone interview followed by another phone interview using electronic whiteboard for me to write code.

Interview Questions
    • Write a write-only function in C to write to the address passed in the parameter   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

To many nonsense questions that had nothing to do with the job.