Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Apple in August 2015.

Interview

Bad experience. Was emailed for a 1:1 interview over the phone. They were 15 minutes late for me ! One thing you should note: any interviewer who is late for you is a tell tale sign they don't value you. Specialist called me. Apologized for the lateness because his other interview got caught up. Asked me couple questions only and basically ended the interview. Rude. I gave well thought out answers and he didn't seem to be responsive. He asked me if I had any questions. I asked "what does a typical day of a specialist look like?" His response: unfortunately I don't have the time to answer that. You might want to visit our retail locations to see what their role entails. Did you have any other short or simple administrative questions you can ask me ? He was 15-20 minutes late for me. Didn't let me prove much, crammed my "supposedly 30min interview" into 9 minutes and didn't answer my question. This was outrageous to me, coming from Apple. My advice: put your answers towards people orientation. Apple is all about their customers and providing the client experience. Don't brag about how much of a tech geek you are. They want positivity , enthusiasm and good attitude. If you only had 5 minutes to prepare, brush up 1) tell me about yourself. 2) why Apple ?

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Tell me about your retail sales experience. 3. What position did you apply for and why? 4. Do you have any technical background? 5. Do you use Mac or PC? 6. What are some of the traits you have that are non-business? 7. Why did you apply to Apple?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call for an hiring event and it was really good, I answered to every questions and there were about 15-20 people. 2 days later I got an call for one on one which I am going to now

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview along with about 30 other candidates. When I arrived at the venue, they had an Apple employee at the entrance of the room who would greet you and provide you with your name tag. We had some time to mingle with each other before they opened the doors to the interview room. Inside the room were tables and chairs with a pen and notepad available for each candidate. We introduced the person sitting next to us as an icebreaker. Then we had a sort of keynote presentation that included images and videos from Apple, whereafter they asked us questions. At one point, they divided us into groups to perform a short 2 minute skit. Overall, the whole interview was 2 hours in duration and generally exciting and positive. I have not yet received notice about the second stage of the interview, so I have to indicate that I didn't receive the offer (yet).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you purchased something at the Apple Store.   Answer Question

Ota Engineer Interview

Interview

many many rounds. (some people ask school stuff, some people ask behavioral question, some people throw highly technical problem on the board, some people make you code on spot, etc)

Interview Questions

• load pull, previous experience, everyone asks different kind of question and they sometimes do not understand your answer if it does not 100% match the expected answer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applying Online, got selected. Interview was pretty technical, asks lots of questions regarding the experience on resume. Know everything on your resume. Also, there was another phone interview which was also technical. Again, know everything on your resume and be prepared to explain what you have done. It was an interesting experience to get to talk with engineers from Apple and hear about what they do.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Rigorous interview process. At least 3 separate interviews with different managers. Most applicants don't make it past the first or second. Apple is very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but basically if I have ever had to deal with an irate customer before and what did I do or say to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as their initial salary and package was perfect for me.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

phone interview for 30 mins, one day on site interview in another city. did not get the offer, without any explanation or feedback. Very competitive. Every interviewer was nice and helpful, typical apple environment, relaxed and friendly.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied to the retail store online and received an invitation to attend a hiring event two weeks later. I accepted and went to the event where 30 of us were there interacting as groups, watching corporate videos and asking questions. The hiring staff takes notes and watch how you communicate and act with others at the event. I made sure to stand out and answer questions out loud when given the chance. They then contacted me a few days later to schedule a one-on-one with a store leader. You just meet with them casually and have a 20 minute conversation and you and your job history. This happened two more times after with other store managers. It went well, but the hiring manager emailed me saying there wasn't a spot for me, but he would reach out when there was one-luckily he offered me a job three weeks later. All in all the process took about two months for me to nail down a full-time position. I wish it would have went sooner, but they are very particular about who they hire.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

30 person group interview at the job fair. Very casual, mostly a big presentation about what Apple is and the roles they have within the company. Typically, they call and follow up with 1 on 1 interviews about 2 days afterwards. I got 2 additional interviews and got a job offer afterwards. Most questions are about your background, accessing how comfortable you are talking, and availability and expectations about possible job opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Several stages in the interview process. Usually will meet with all the managers of the store, and potentially meet the market leader as well. They want to see how well you can hold a conversation and how confident you are. They're usually hiring year round, so apply online whenever a posting appears. Introduce yourself to the managers at the store as well. Just go in and say hi. Let them know you applied and just wanted to introduce yourself.