Apple

Average Difficulty
60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was a high energy group interview with little focus on specific people. The people who were doing the interview were really high energy and were obviously trying to be fun. It was very difficult to try to stand out among the crowd due to the open ended questions that were being asked.

Interview Question – Which device has had the biggest impact on your life?   Answer Question

Apple Solutions Consultant Interview

Apple Solutions Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with many different people. On the phone, on FaceTime or Skype and in person. They are not looking for people with crazy long experience with their products. They are looking for people who can connect with almost anyone. The interview process can be a long one as Apple isn't in the habit of hiring just because they have a position open. They are looking for the right person and are willing to wait

Interview Question – They asked me how I would go about influencing a retail general manager to sell more apple products   View Answer

Expert Interview

Expert
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Apple via a telephone call from a recruiter in California 2-3 weeks after applying online. I was contacted in the late afternoon/early evening and was told that Apple likes to catch candidates off guard to ensure truthfulness in their answers and get a "true" feel for who they are. I interviewed for about an hour with fairly generic questions and a few questions that asked "why Apple?" After the phone interview was complete, I was invited to take a technical test for the Expert position. This test was also over the telephone and lasted a little over an hour as well. It was quite intense. I was asked a variety of questions that ranged from Apple hardware, software (especially iOS and iLife), Apple warranty, company values etc. Once I passed this test as well, I was invited 2 weeks later for an in-person panel interview at the corporate office with 6 individuals interviewing me. They didn't ask for references or anything, but they definitely wanted to get a sense of who I was as a person and ensure that I was the right "fit" for the company. Following the panel interview, a week later I was contacted for my 4th and final interview via telephone. This individual was just "double checking" that a right decision had been made and wanted to interact with me herself. All in all, I had 4 separate interviews for Apple before getting a offer. It was a very long process and really isn't for everyone. Does it mean it's impossible? Of course not, however, they really want to make sure they have the best of the best representing them in the stores!

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You're applying for a company that produces laptops and computers, so definitely know your stuff inside out!   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Retail

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2009.

Interview Details – Got an email invitation to a recruitment seminar from apple. Seminar held at a hotel meeting room. ~20 candidates. They showed us introductory videos/presentations. Candidates get pair up and introduce each other to the whole group. Retail store scenarios role play. Took two hours in total, each person only get 5 minutes to "show off". Very competitive, lots of applicants. They're apparently not looking for people with technical knowledge about their product. They seem to be looking for people that act/dress/speak in a certain "Apple"ish way.

Interview Question – Why do you think your partner will make a good apple sales.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online then after a few months got an email from a hiring rep to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went on for about 30 mins asking the usual question eg. Why do you want to work for apple? What's your favorite app? Then a few weeks later, I got an email to attend a group interview. The group interview was done in a hotel downtown. Then another 1:1 interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you went beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
  • Give me a situation when you need to learn something in a limited amount of time?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – Gave my resume and talking to an Engineer at my university's career fair. Was contacted
a couple weeks later for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Just really detailed questions on the hardware of Macs.   View Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was via phone. After that a meeting with the local area manager at a starbucks. This was a positive interview so she gave me tips for the next steps. After that, 5 more interviews followed. Including skype interviews with the director of Apple Canada. They were all situational questions and for the most part fairly easy to answer as long as the proper preperation was taken.

Interview Question – What is your weakness and how do you think it will effect you in this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered you a job with salary and commission. Commission was unnegotiable but salary was movable a few thousand.

Specialist Interview

Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – They hype you up with videos and a casual interview, then they don't bother emailing you back.

Interview Question – What's your favourite app.   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview with activities.

Interview Question – What was the biggest area of opportunity for your last manager?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lack of compensation.

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Apple Retail - Expert
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – There will be some sort of technology knowledge test, which must be passed before moving on to the next step. This test includes questions about the more advanced features and inner workings of Apple hardware and software. Once this is completed there will be a panel interview consisting of 3-5 interviewers.

Interview Question – The difficult questions were often situational, "Tell us about a time you had to give a peer feedback, why were you giving them the feedback and how did you do it. How did the peer take it, do you think progress was made?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just to try, Apple tends to make almost great offers. Definitely more than you'd expect but not as much as you're worth.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple interview questions and advice in Canada. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.