Apple

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

68 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IOS Accessory Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Hand out resume at info session, got contacted in 2 weeks. The first phone interview is based on some basic transmission protocols like UART and I2C. Some basic C stuff is asked as well. Questions are like how many lines goes into UART, is clock and data on the same line and is I2C master slave or peer to peer.
    The second phone interview is much harder, down to the very basic level. Questions are like how to reverse a BYTE in C

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

I submitted an application online for Apple Retail two years ago. I got a call last summer and they asked me to come in for an interview. The interview was with two Apple Store managers and about 7 other candidates.

They asked us personality questions, like "Describe your favorite sandwich", "If you won the lottery what would you do with the money" and the stereotypical "Why do you want to work at Apple"

We sat in a circle with the two Apple employees and took turns answering the questions.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Great place to work. The interview prices is very long. Recruiter phone call, interview with manager. They asked very general questions but the are looking for people that can relate to other customers. Technical knowledge is not as important as an outgoing personality

None

Ios Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Got contacted via email (LinkedIn). Had 2 phone interviews. Very nice people, very professional. Emphasis was more on generic Computer Science questions than specific iOS APIs. Had to solve some specific questions involving efficient use of data structures.
    Other topics involved multi-threading, Obj-C basics, design patterns, profiling tools.
    At the end had a chance to ask my own questions. Not much time for this so have them ready.

Mechanical Engineer Quality Interview

The interview was a phone interview that was in-depth. Went through resume and asked many questions about specific tasks that were completed. Due to the fact that it was an intern position i believe the questions were simpler than usual.

Sales Manager Interview

Detailed process with seven individual interviews. Very deep questioning to establish fit. The panel of employees followed a similar routine but questions were tied to the individuals area of expertise. The process was very good in that candidate left with a full grounding of how the local company functions and the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Question: You don't have any of the skills to do this job, why are we even looking at you ? (In the end I was hired).   View Answer
    Straightforward with some minor movement back and forth. Very fair.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Two phone interviews. One in English and one in French. One face to face interview.
    There were four managers at the interview. They were the most lethargic group I have ever met.

Interview Questions
    • Typical script-like questions. Where do you see yourself within Apple Retail in five years?   View Answer

Apple Instructional Technology Specialist Interview

Initial phone call with HR personnel to discuss my qualifications, interests, etc. A formal conversational interview was scheduled over the phone with manager that lasted about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a company that is good or great even better?   View Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Got an email from a staffing person saying a hiring manager wanted an interview with me and a senior member of his team. So got it set up and received the call from the senior engineer. He had a heavy accent..barely understandable over the phone, and extremely rude. He kept interrupting me mid sentence and barely let me talk. It's as if he was forced to do something he didn't want to do and just wanted to get it over with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to draw circuits on paper and describe them over the phone..not an easy task to do this on the phone.   Answer Question

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

There will be some sort of technology knowledge test, which must be passed before moving on to the next step. This test includes questions about the more advanced features and inner workings of Apple hardware and software. Once this is completed there will be a panel interview consisting of 3-5 interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were often situational, "Tell us about a time you had to give a peer feedback, why were you giving them the feedback and how did you do it. How did the peer take it, do you think progress was made?"   View Answer
    Just to try, Apple tends to make almost great offers. Definitely more than you'd expect but not as much as you're worth.