Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in June 2011.

group interview and then one on one with management. they held the group interview at a hotel. The interview was really just a bunch of employees just trying to pour the apple koolaid down everyones throat and see which potential candidates would jump up and down the fastest at an opportunity to work for apple. it's really quite ridiculous. it was more of a marketing stunt than an interview. AVOID APPLE AT ALL COSTS.

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Terrible interview process. I applied in December and was called in February to attend a group interview. I showed up and there were two other guys there, we all filled out information about ourselves (availability, position applying for etc..) and then went to the food court of the mall for the interview. The manager sat us down and explained a bit about what it is like to work for Apple and then informed us that the interview was going to be the three of us applicants talking with each other, having a conversation and getting to know each other, and that was her method of collecting information about us. It was ridiculous. Obviously this is to test your social skills as Apple is big on that however, the first stage of an interview should be the basic interview questions, getting to know the applicant and learning of their job skills. It should not rely on the information that is learnt as the applicants talk with each other. There is no opportunity to properly present yourself to the manager this way and they definitely should re think their interview process.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

First there was a group seminar. We were approximately 25 and we were the third group of the day of a 3 day event. I got there early. It was in a hotel. So each candidate arrived and I made sure to be social and not to stay with one group too long. I introduced myself to everyone as they arrived. Which lead to other following my steps. Once the doors open there were about 12 staff member ands they had a great song playing and all 12 employees were clapping and wooing. I had read from this website that was how they greeted you so I expected it. I was the first was to walk it with a big smile ensure that that I was social and approachable. This interview was more of an introduction of the company. The members went through a presentation of each job description and ensured that we understood the values and mission of the company. We had to present the person next to us to the group. We also were placed in team and to make a skit of a given situation how to approach the client and solve the problem. The seminar finished with each candidate filling an "application" choosing position, availabilities as well as desired store and knowledge of products.

The second interview was about a month and half later. It was at the store. I met with an assistant manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. Walking in I felt like I knew this guy for ages and we were good friend. The interview was comical and laid-back.

The third interview was 2 months later. I met with the manager. He explain that this interview was to ensure that connection between the candidate and the manager was good and that the expectations were similar. This interview, I thought was the most anxious because it was less friendly and more serious.

I got a call back a month later giving me a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name one thing that you are more proud of.   Answer Question
    • Sell me a product.   View Answer
    • If I were to contact one of your old managers, what would they tell me your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

IPhone Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

The interview process was straight forward. I applied through my university website. After the first interview, I was contacted within 4 days for a second interview. Ultimately I didn't get the job but the interviewers were very friendly and asked straight forward questions. I would have liked a faster response as after the second interview I had to wait 2 highly nervous weeks. But Apple is a dream company and I will for sure try again.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

I applied online through a online recruiting website. I was emailed from Apple directly for an interview. I booked a date and time slot for my interview. The interview was one-on-one with an extremely professional and friendly Specialist.

Interview Questions
    • - Basic questions about past work and educational history
      - What my reaction to different scenarios would be
      - How I work on a team
      - What kind of learner I am
      - Who my role model is
      - Lots about the Apple brand so know your stuff!

Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Answer Question

Education Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Informal phone interview

It was a good conversation and the manager was very well versed and passionate about Apple's role in the education field. We talked for about an hour and apparently he only allows about 45 mins during a sit down interview.The position would have been a challenged for me however he gave insight in a different role for my qualifications at Apple which was not available at the time that would be a better fit me. I did follow up afterwards but did not hear from the manager and the position was filled shortly after my phone interview. However, I have better insight, if another job opens up at Apple, as to what I can apply for in the future. I am not actively looking for a job but if the right job comes along at Apple, I would definitely apply again including this position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you think an account executive role is at Apple?
      If you were meeting with two superintendent of two separate school boards, what would you say to them about how technology is useful in the classroom?

Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I did a single 1:1 interview. I received an email 2 days later saying that they had decided to go with another candidate. I had been recommended by a friend who was already working there.

The interviewer asked what my best work experience was. I told them and went into detail why I chose the specific job, specifically that the manager I had at the time was very good,

She also asked about what I had been doing over the past year. I told her about graduating University, working and traveling.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

1 job fair, 3 phone interviews, face to face interview with 6 x 2 people panels 8 hours long. Every panel will repeat the same 5 questions plus one or two new questions. In total, the 5 questions were asked to me 9 times.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with a solution to transmit information with the smartphone not using any of the current technologies (wifi, bluetooth, etc)   Answer Question

Antenna Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Interview at IEEE Conference. Interview with director level. Very nice person. Sat at a coffee table for about 1 hour. Talked about teams and organizational structure. Also, discussed his lifetime experience and views on antenna designs and antenna engineers.
    Questions covered Maxwell Equations, and the importance of displacement currents.

Family conflicts

Human Factors Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The process towards the interview was very straightforward and accomodating. I was contacted within seven days after a 30 minute interview with a recruiter and invited for two days of on-site interviews. I was also given a set of tasks to complete and send back prior to the scheduled interviews. Tasks were definitely appropriate for the position, but were held very open-ended (i.e., formulated in such a way that one could really spend any amount of time and effort on them).
    The in-person interviews were thorough, and >10 people talked to me in private sessions, but all interviews were also very friendly. The majority of questions asked me to explain my background, and for me to relate my background to a potential role at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were all relatively straightforward to answer. I had to think most when asked what requirements/characteristics of the job would make me walk away - I had spent most of my prep time trying to develop arguments why I'd be good for the job.   Answer Question