Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Several stages in the interview process. Usually will meet with all the managers of the store, and potentially meet the market leader as well. They want to see how well you can hold a conversation and how confident you are. They're usually hiring year round, so apply online whenever a posting appears. Introduce yourself to the managers at the store as well. Just go in and say hi. Let them know you applied and just wanted to introduce yourself.

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Store manager interviewed you one on one. Go through basically your employment history and education. They focus on personality, they want outgoing and energetic people to excel at Apple. They have to be comfortable with working with many customers around you. Normally, you will see the crowd in the apple store.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Apple? How long does it take you to solve the specific problem?
      How familiar you are with Apple products

1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed, but a long process. You meet with all the managers in multiple group interviews. Sometimes it feels competitive in a group interview setting, because the next person would just add on to your answers, but overall everyone was very nice. Nothing extremely hard, just be yourself, as at the end of the day, the managers only want to get to know you. They will provide all the training as they do not expect you to have all the apple tech knowledge.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

group interview and then one on one with management. they held the group interview at a hotel. The interview was really just a bunch of employees just trying to pour the apple koolaid down everyones throat and see which potential candidates would jump up and down the fastest at an opportunity to work for apple. it's really quite ridiculous. it was more of a marketing stunt than an interview. AVOID APPLE AT ALL COSTS.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Terrible interview process. I applied in December and was called in February to attend a group interview. I showed up and there were two other guys there, we all filled out information about ourselves (availability, position applying for etc..) and then went to the food court of the mall for the interview. The manager sat us down and explained a bit about what it is like to work for Apple and then informed us that the interview was going to be the three of us applicants talking with each other, having a conversation and getting to know each other, and that was her method of collecting information about us. It was ridiculous. Obviously this is to test your social skills as Apple is big on that however, the first stage of an interview should be the basic interview questions, getting to know the applicant and learning of their job skills. It should not rely on the information that is learnt as the applicants talk with each other. There is no opportunity to properly present yourself to the manager this way and they definitely should re think their interview process.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a group seminar. We were approximately 25 and we were the third group of the day of a 3 day event. I got there early. It was in a hotel. So each candidate arrived and I made sure to be social and not to stay with one group too long. I introduced myself to everyone as they arrived. Which lead to other following my steps. Once the doors open there were about 12 staff member ands they had a great song playing and all 12 employees were clapping and wooing. I had read from this website that was how they greeted you so I expected it. I was the first was to walk it with a big smile ensure that that I was social and approachable. This interview was more of an introduction of the company. The members went through a presentation of each job description and ensured that we understood the values and mission of the company. We had to present the person next to us to the group. We also were placed in team and to make a skit of a given situation how to approach the client and solve the problem. The seminar finished with each candidate filling an "application" choosing position, availabilities as well as desired store and knowledge of products.

The second interview was about a month and half later. It was at the store. I met with an assistant manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. Walking in I felt like I knew this guy for ages and we were good friend. The interview was comical and laid-back.

The third interview was 2 months later. I met with the manager. He explain that this interview was to ensure that connection between the candidate and the manager was good and that the expectations were similar. This interview, I thought was the most anxious because it was less friendly and more serious.

I got a call back a month later giving me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that you are more proud of.   Answer Question
    • Sell me a product.   1 Answer
    • If I were to contact one of your old managers, what would they tell me your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

IPhone Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I applied through my university website. After the first interview, I was contacted within 4 days for a second interview. Ultimately I didn't get the job but the interviewers were very friendly and asked straight forward questions. I would have liked a faster response as after the second interview I had to wait 2 highly nervous weeks. But Apple is a dream company and I will for sure try again.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a online recruiting website. I was emailed from Apple directly for an interview. I booked a date and time slot for my interview. The interview was one-on-one with an extremely professional and friendly Specialist.

Interview Questions

• - Basic questions about past work and educational history
      - What my reaction to different scenarios would be
      - How I work on a team
      - What kind of learner I am
      - Who my role model is
      - Lots about the Apple brand so know your stuff!

Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Answer Question

Education Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Informal phone interview

It was a good conversation and the manager was very well versed and passionate about Apple's role in the education field. We talked for about an hour and apparently he only allows about 45 mins during a sit down interview.The position would have been a challenged for me however he gave insight in a different role for my qualifications at Apple which was not available at the time that would be a better fit me. I did follow up afterwards but did not hear from the manager and the position was filled shortly after my phone interview. However, I have better insight, if another job opens up at Apple, as to what I can apply for in the future. I am not actively looking for a job but if the right job comes along at Apple, I would definitely apply again including this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think an account executive role is at Apple?
      If you were meeting with two superintendent of two separate school boards, what would you say to them about how technology is useful in the classroom?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

I did a single 1:1 interview. I received an email 2 days later saying that they had decided to go with another candidate. I had been recommended by a friend who was already working there.

The interviewer asked what my best work experience was. I told them and went into detail why I chose the specific job, specifically that the manager I had at the time was very good,

She also asked about what I had been doing over the past year. I told her about graduating University, working and traveling.