Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brossard, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

So I had been applying for about 5 months and do not get discouraged, my point is, keep submitting your application they'll take a look at it eventually.
    After that time they called me up and asked me to come in for my interview. At first the interview was in French and it was fairly straight forward, asking about past job experiences, why I'd want to work for Apple, what I'm particularly proud of and so on. Very generic background questions that are pretty much already described on your resume.

The second interview was with another manager, the exact same questions but this time it was done in English.

No problems if you're bilingual!

Interview Questions
    • There are two questions: explain how you bettered a work environment before applying here at Apple.

Who is your favorite manager and why?
        View Answer
    The negotiation phase was easy they are amazing at Apple, very organized and structured towards the application process and negotiation. They are extremely open and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Apple.

I applied online through there website. The online application was simple and easy to follow. There was no skill testing questions, but some involved your understanding of retail work ethic. For example: How would you deal with 'certain' situations; What is your idea of good customer service; etc.

I was very excited for this position because of my past retail experience, and working with Apple product. There also seems to be a cheerful atmosphere in every Apple store in which I wanted to provide as well.

After waiting for a couple weeks I had imagined that I did not qualify, and stopped thinking about it. Then, a month and a half later, I received a call. I was invited to a group interview at the Apple store.

A small group of six met in the store at opening time. The manager came out and we proceeded to the Mall's cafeteria, where the group interview was held at a large table.

First, we went around the table one by one providing details on who we were, and what accomplishments we have gained. I felt very under qualified - with four years of retail experience - compared to the competition.

Second, the manager asked us normal interview questions. "How can your past experience help you in this position?" "What skills and talents can you bring to the table?" "What aspect of this position are you most interested in?" etc.

Finally, the manager asked us to split up into groups and come up with an answer to "What does the Apple brand represent to it's customers?" My group followed up with how everyone sees the Apple brand as one of the best providers for customer service. The other group focused on the product and how it improves daily activities.

The interview ended with the manager letting us know those that qualify will be called before the weekend. I was not called, but emailed for why I was not a selected candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "If you can describe yourself in one word, what would that be?"

This may be simple, but I have very rarely thought about this question in a serious matter. This needs to identify the kind of employee you are. One word to provide your work ethic; how you treat customers and co-workers; and how productive you are to others.

Also since it was a group interview, if you had thought of a word and the person before you uses it, you have to copy them or rethink what you were about to say.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple.

I was recommended by a professor to interview for Apple. The school handled all scheduling for the interview which happened on campus.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was regarding a Signal Analyzer and how it worked/what it did.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

First round: 3/30 min phone interviews with the team members
    Second round: Full day interviews with most of the team members in pairs

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in December 2013.

I applied online and heard back 2 months later. At first, it is a group interview. They applaud as all the candidates walk in the room. Different managers are there and are evaluating candidates at all time. They present what it's like to work at Apple, the different positions available and what will be the steps after group interviews.
    My interview was in the morning and around 4PM, I got a call for a second interview. This time, the interview was in the store itself with the Store Manager. It wasn't an interview as much as a discussion of what it was to work at Apple (the importance of customers, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult (although it wasn't that difficult) was the various role playing situations during the group interview. We did a total of 4 situations.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brossard, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Two phone interviews. One in English and one in French. One face to face interview.
    There were four managers at the interview. They were the most lethargic group I have ever met.

Interview Questions
    • Typical script-like questions. Where do you see yourself within Apple Retail in five years?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple.

Was contacted through an Apple recruiter to come and be interviewed via telephone for a position as the senior manager at the apple store

I received another job

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple.

1. Applied online, and didn't hear anything for about a month and a half.
    2. Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' - this was a large group presentation and interview (about 60 people). Basically a test to see who has an interesting, outgoing personality.
    3. Two hours after the group interview, I was invited to a one-on-one interview with the store leader. As far as I can tell, they were trying to see if I have an understanding and interest in customer service and the right attitude, focus and passion to work there. They didn't mind, for example, that I barely used Apple products.
    4. Background check.
    5. Job offer over the phone.

This all happened in the space of about a week. But this varies a lot between stores, markets, times of the year etc, so don't take it too literally. I think mine was uncharacteristically easy because I got hired just before the holiday season when they were desperate to hire a huge number of people. (They hired about 60 people for my market of four stores alongside me.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing in your career or education you've been the most proud of. (This seems very specific to the Store Leader in question though).   View Answer
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Can you cope with a hectic, intense work environment?   Answer Question
    The attitude was very much 'take it or leave it'. The store leader phoned me and told me what position they'd hire me for, at what store, and what the wage was. I applied for full time Family Room Specialist, they gave me Part Time Specialist... They did, however, assign me to the store I put on the top of the preference list.

Perhaps I could have negotiated, but they definitely wouldn't have been very responsive to it.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

1- Applied online, and got referred from one of the employees who worked there.
    2- Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' with about 30 other candidates only about 15 attended. the seminar was a fun experience with a greeting from store representatives (6 of them) who handed us our name tags after that the store doors opened at 8 am and employees from apple greet us like we are celebrities. inside they made us sit in a half circle and we were divided into pairs and where ask 3 question to ask our partner (introduction questions) then each candidate started introducing their partner. after we watched 3 presentations (1 verbal presentation 2 video presentations) about apple retail (gave you the ambition to work for apple ) and then we were ask some questions about each presentation. next, we were divided into a group of 4 and were asked a single question which we had to provide several answers for it and also choose a representative for the group (our group chose the oldest person between us) then finally we filled a form what position your applying for in which store. then we were told to expect a call during the day. i did received a call after several hours and was told that i have a 1 on 1 interview the next day with the store manager.
    3- The interview was like any other interview asking about you and your experience and the main question asked all the time why do you want to work for apple?

Interview Questions
    • - what was your worst song you are ashamed to have on your iphone / ipod or ipad?
      - What makes apple a great business company?
        Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a bad Customer.   Answer Question
    • What was a great experience you have had? do you have any questions?   Answer Question