Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 2, 2015

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed, but a long process. You meet with all the managers in multiple group interviews. Sometimes it feels competitive in a group interview setting, because the next person would just add on to your answers, but overall everyone was very nice. Nothing extremely hard, just be yourself, as at the end of the day, the managers only want to get to know you. They will provide all the training as they do not expect you to have all the apple tech knowledge.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I went into the store to ask about what the hiring process looked like, and they told me to submit my resume online. I got an email to attend a group hiring session, and was invited back for a 1:1. Then I got the job offer. A lot of correspondence was through email.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult or unexpected questions. Just the normal, give me an example of a time you had to give or receive feedback. How did you turn a negative customer experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for an obscene wage in the interview. What they offered was great, and I was happy.

Analog Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online and got email about a week. Set up for the phone interview. Very Technical, but I did not prepare enough to answer all the questions. Asking experience in very detailed and asking Digital integrated circuit questions. got decline next morning.

Interview Questions

• Asking digital integrated circuit when i am applying for analog engineer   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brossard, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Brossard, QC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

So I had been applying for about 5 months and do not get discouraged, my point is, keep submitting your application they'll take a look at it eventually. After that time they called me up and asked me to come in for my interview. At first the interview was in French and it was fairly straight forward, asking about past job experiences, why I'd want to work for Apple, what I'm particularly proud of and so on. Very generic background questions that are pretty much already described on your resume. The second interview was with another manager, the exact same questions but this time it was done in English. No problems if you're bilingual!

Interview Questions

• There are two questions: explain how you bettered a work environment before applying here at Apple. Who is your favorite manager and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy they are amazing at Apple, very organized and structured towards the application process and negotiation. They are extremely open and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online through there website. The online application was simple and easy to follow. There was no skill testing questions, but some involved your understanding of retail work ethic. For example: How would you deal with 'certain' situations; What is your idea of good customer service; etc. I was very excited for this position because of my past retail experience, and working with Apple product. There also seems to be a cheerful atmosphere in every Apple store in which I wanted to provide as well. After waiting for a couple weeks I had imagined that I did not qualify, and stopped thinking about it. Then, a month and a half later, I received a call. I was invited to a group interview at the Apple store. A small group of six met in the store at opening time. The manager came out and we proceeded to the Mall's cafeteria, where the group interview was held at a large table. First, we went around the table one by one providing details on who we were, and what accomplishments we have gained. I felt very under qualified - with four years of retail experience - compared to the competition. Second, the manager asked us normal interview questions. "How can your past experience help you in this position?" "What skills and talents can you bring to the table?" "What aspect of this position are you most interested in?" etc. Finally, the manager asked us to split up into groups and come up with an answer to "What does the Apple brand represent to it's customers?" My group followed up with how everyone sees the Apple brand as one of the best providers for customer service. The other group focused on the product and how it improves daily activities. The interview ended with the manager letting us know those that qualify will be called before the weekend. I was not called, but emailed for why I was not a selected candidate.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "If you can describe yourself in one word, what would that be?" This may be simple, but I have very rarely thought about this question in a serious matter. This needs to identify the kind of employee you are. One word to provide your work ethic; how you treat customers and co-workers; and how productive you are to others. Also since it was a group interview, if you had thought of a word and the person before you uses it, you have to copy them or rethink what you were about to say.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was recommended by a professor to interview for Apple. The school handled all scheduling for the interview which happened on campus.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was regarding a Signal Analyzer and how it worked/what it did.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview

1 job fair, 3 phone interviews, face to face interview with 6 x 2 people panels 8 hours long. Every panel will repeat the same 5 questions plus one or two new questions. In total, the 5 questions were asked to me 9 times.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a solution to transmit information with the smartphone not using any of the current technologies (wifi, bluetooth, etc)   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

First round: 3/30 min phone interviews with the team members Second round: Full day interviews with most of the team members in pairs

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 2 months later. At first, it is a group interview. They applaud as all the candidates walk in the room. Different managers are there and are evaluating candidates at all time. They present what it's like to work at Apple, the different positions available and what will be the steps after group interviews. My interview was in the morning and around 4PM, I got a call for a second interview. This time, the interview was in the store itself with the Store Manager. It wasn't an interview as much as a discussion of what it was to work at Apple (the importance of customers, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult (although it wasn't that difficult) was the various role playing situations during the group interview. We did a total of 4 situations.   Answer Question