Apple Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Aug 30, 2015

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview

1 job fair, 3 phone interviews, face to face interview with 6 x 2 people panels 8 hours long. Every panel will repeat the same 5 questions plus one or two new questions. In total, the 5 questions were asked to me 9 times.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a solution to transmit information with the smartphone not using any of the current technologies (wifi, bluetooth, etc)   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First a group interview and then 2-3 one on one interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First round: 3/30 min phone interviews with the team members Second round: Full day interviews with most of the team members in pairs

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 2 months later. At first, it is a group interview. They applaud as all the candidates walk in the room. Different managers are there and are evaluating candidates at all time. They present what it's like to work at Apple, the different positions available and what will be the steps after group interviews. My interview was in the morning and around 4PM, I got a call for a second interview. This time, the interview was in the store itself with the Store Manager. It wasn't an interview as much as a discussion of what it was to work at Apple (the importance of customers, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult (although it wasn't that difficult) was the various role playing situations during the group interview. We did a total of 4 situations.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brossard, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Brossard, QC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One in English and one in French. One face to face interview. There were four managers at the interview. They were the most lethargic group I have ever met.

Interview Questions

• Typical script-like questions. Where do you see yourself within Apple Retail in five years?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was contacted through an Apple recruiter to come and be interviewed via telephone for a position as the senior manager at the apple store

I received another job

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

1- Applied online, and got referred from one of the employees who worked there. 2- Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' with about 30 other candidates only about 15 attended. the seminar was a fun experience with a greeting from store representatives (6 of them) who handed us our name tags after that the store doors opened at 8 am and employees from apple greet us like we are celebrities. inside they made us sit in a half circle and we were divided into pairs and where ask 3 question to ask our partner (introduction questions) then each candidate started introducing their partner. after we watched 3 presentations (1 verbal presentation 2 video presentations) about apple retail (gave you the ambition to work for apple ) and then we were ask some questions about each presentation. next, we were divided into a group of 4 and were asked a single question which we had to provide several answers for it and also choose a representative for the group (our group chose the oldest person between us) then finally we filled a form what position your applying for in which store. then we were told to expect a call during the day. i did received a call after several hours and was told that i have a 1 on 1 interview the next day with the store manager. 3- The interview was like any other interview asking about you and your experience and the main question asked all the time why do you want to work for apple?

Interview Questions

• - what was your worst song you are ashamed to have on your iphone / ipod or ipad? - What makes apple a great business company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a bad Customer.   Answer Question
    • What was a great experience you have had? do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

1. Applied online, and didn't hear anything for about a month and a half. 2. Invited to a 'Hiring seminar' - this was a large group presentation and interview (about 60 people). Basically a test to see who has an interesting, outgoing personality. 3. Two hours after the group interview, I was invited to a one-on-one interview with the store leader. As far as I can tell, they were trying to see if I have an understanding and interest in customer service and the right attitude, focus and passion to work there. They didn't mind, for example, that I barely used Apple products. 4. Background check. 5. Job offer over the phone. This all happened in the space of about a week. But this varies a lot between stores, markets, times of the year etc, so don't take it too literally. I think mine was uncharacteristically easy because I got hired just before the holiday season when they were desperate to hire a huge number of people. (They hired about 60 people for my market of four stores alongside me.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing in your career or education you've been the most proud of. (This seems very specific to the Store Leader in question though).   1 Answer
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Can you cope with a hectic, intense work environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The attitude was very much 'take it or leave it'. The store leader phoned me and told me what position they'd hire me for, at what store, and what the wage was. I applied for full time Family Room Specialist, they gave me Part Time Specialist... They did, however, assign me to the store I put on the top of the preference list. Perhaps I could have negotiated, but they definitely wouldn't have been very responsive to it.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Gave my resume and talking to an Engineer at my university's career fair. Was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Just really detailed questions on the hardware of Macs.   1 Answer

Software Localization Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center, had 1 to 1 interview

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with pre-fixes/post-fixes when translating English to other language?   Answer Question