Apple

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

72 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Country Manager, IPhone Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Quick and straightforward. Had initial screen interview with HR who appeared to appreciate my time and responses. Went for about 45 minutes. It was a good and friendly conversation - better than I had expected. Replied as promised within the week saying the hiring manager was moving ahead with other candidates. In the job search, not having to wait around is a good thing if the news isn't going your way.

Interview Questions
    • No real curve balls here if you do your basic homework.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Great place to work. The interview prices is very long. Recruiter phone call, interview with manager. They asked very general questions but the are looking for people that can relate to other customers. Technical knowledge is not as important as an outgoing personality

None

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2012.

A smart experienced (because he had detailed technical knowledge) recruiter dropped me a line through linkedin. After a few HR screenings. I was scheduled for a couple of 30-min skype phone interviews. I was asked very good questions. It was obvious that they knew what they were talking about. No trick questions at all. The questions were directly related to what I claimed to know in my resume.

After a week, I was scheduled for an onsite interview (7 45-min sessions). Interestingly each interviewer belonged to a specific area (developer, architect, QA, Security, designer, etc.). The lunch was also an informal interview with a very nice and smart guy.

Again, the interview questions were very reasonable. They were not looking for pure geeky stuffs, but they wanted to make sure I was familiar with the basics of software engineering. There was a huge emphasis on production support and stability in all sessions from different viewpoints.

Before the onsite interview I had some doubts to leave my current good job and relocate to Cupertino. But after that I loved the env and really wanted to work there! By the way, Apple was so generous to cover the travel expenses (sort of better than my other business trips!)

Long story short, they did not contact me for about 2 weeks, until I learned that the hiring manager collected the team feedback and sort of liked me. But not for the software engineer position, he somehow found me overqualified and recommended for a project lead role.

So I am back to the step one! No offer, no rejection. I may have to fly there again... We'll see what happens. Like I said I am very happy with my current position. But working at Apple is a dream! I had seen and heard that Apple changes the world. But in the headquarter, I could feel it vividly. A balanced mixed of different skills to deliver cool solutions.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between http put and post?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?
      How can we improve the performance of a system?
      What's the difference between http put and post?
      Traverse a binary tree.
      sort a hashmap
      simulate a synchronized block in a multi thread env (lock, release, etc.)
      any noSQL experience?
      Why Spring DI?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2012.

The interview process took longer then usual as I applied abroad before arriving in the country I was moving to. I had an online interview with Apple HR, followed by 2 more with store managers. Upon arrival in the country, I had another 2 more in person meetings and heard a few days later I got the job from HR.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in May 2012.

I applied online via the apple website when I first heard the position was opening in Feb/March. I received an email from a recruiter asking me when I was available for a phone interview. A few days later I was told no phone interview, that I would be notified in April of a seminar. End of April, I receive a notification to sign up for a seminar. Looks like they were doing 3 days of seminars with about 3 seminars each day, about 30 people in each one. I showed up to the seminar, all very friendly. It was a great presentation that made you want to work there more. You had to introduce the person next to you...They asked a lot of questions like what can do you do with these items.. etc.. I answered as many questions as possible. We split up into groups of about 5 with an Apple employee.. they asked questions about situations and ended with you trying to act our a scene/situation. I stayed for a bit to tell them how I enjoyed the seminar. That night I received an email saying I've made it to the next stage. 2 days later I had a one on one interview with 2 Apple employees. They asked why you want to work for Apple.. and situation questions. My interview was towards the end of the day and they seemed like they were running out of questions. I made it very clear I wanted to work for apple and how passionate I am. I talked a lot about my previous customer service experience. I was very high energy and enthusiastic. I thought the interview went well but I knew it's such a competitive job. 2 days later I received an email saying they have gone ahead with other candidates. I was very disappointed. I hope to try to apply again. I have noticed that there are still posting for the job on the Apple website and they were not able to tell us when the Apple store would open in Masonville mall. I will try again!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Apple?   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you've experienced great customer service?   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Applied online then after a few months got an email from a hiring rep to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went on for about 30 mins asking the usual question eg. Why do you want to work for apple? What's your favorite app? Then a few weeks later, I got an email to attend a group interview. The group interview was done in a hotel downtown. Then another 1:1 interview with 2 managers

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you went beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation when you need to learn something in a limited amount of time?   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in April 2012.

It was a high energy group interview with little focus on specific people. The people who were doing the interview were really high energy and were obviously trying to be fun. It was very difficult to try to stand out among the crowd due to the open ended questions that were being asked.

Mac Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Had 3 phone interviews before the I was called for the hiring event which took place at Hyatt Hotel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an experience where you solved a problem for a customer ?   Answer Question

Apple Solutions Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2012.

I interviewed with many different people. On the phone, on FaceTime or Skype and in person. They are not looking for people with crazy long experience with their products. They are looking for people who can connect with almost anyone. The interview process can be a long one as Apple isn't in the habit of hiring just because they have a position open. They are looking for the right person and are willing to wait

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how I would go about influencing a retail general manager to sell more apple products   View Answer

Apple Retail - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

There will be some sort of technology knowledge test, which must be passed before moving on to the next step. This test includes questions about the more advanced features and inner workings of Apple hardware and software. Once this is completed there will be a panel interview consisting of 3-5 interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were often situational, "Tell us about a time you had to give a peer feedback, why were you giving them the feedback and how did you do it. How did the peer take it, do you think progress was made?"   View Answer
    Just to try, Apple tends to make almost great offers. Definitely more than you'd expect but not as much as you're worth.