Apple

2.8

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online and then was invited to a hiring event specifically for candidates that have been recommended by current Apple employees. Was invited back to meet with two store managers who told the next step would be to meet with the store's business manager, but was then contacted by an HR admin who wanted me to do phone interview with one of their national recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the most challenging or least desirable thing about transitioning from independent consulting to working in our retail environment.   Answer Question

Apple - Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in November 2014.

The hiring manager was very accommodating and professional. When I missed my first interview day due to the fact that my email invitation went to my junk mail folder, he rescheduled me with no question asked. On the day of the interview: I was well dressed in suit been from a business background. My interviewer was on a t-shirt. The setting was so uncomfortable. So find out what's the appropriate dress code when possible.

Interview Questions
    • What one thing do you have that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Back of the House Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Handed my resume to the Apple recruiters at a pro veteran job fair. Heard back in a week from a recruiter who did an initial phone screening. His question were the "tell me an experience where you had great customer service" and various similar questions.
    A couple of weeks later I get an email from a Store HR to meet for an interview. Met with two department managers who asked similar questions "tell me your humblest moment". They asked if I could come back the next day to meet the market manager and store manager. I had the interview with another candidate. They asked very easy questions, they definitely tried to ask questions to see if I fitted in with the culture. They were very casual and fun, not intimidating at all. I went dressed business casual, I wore jeans and button down with a sweater with some leather boots.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranged but all started with tell me a of time where you had a difference of opinion with a boss and you knew you were right.   Answer Question
    Casual, no room for negating on wage.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Received call from area Hiring manager. Interviewed with store managers. Turned down for employment. Interviewers seemed tense and tentative in their approach. Appeared as if they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected -- just the usual canned interview.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

I applied through the online application and received an email 20 minutes later asking if I could do a phone interview the next. I was shocked because I had heard after submitting an online application, many people don't hear anything for weeks or even months. I did the phone interview the next day, a first in-person interview at the store a week later with two leaders, and a second in-person interview the following week with the store manager and a regional manager. I received a call later that same day from the HR leader offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot about what you're passionate about. This doesn't have to be Apple or technology-related. I worked in education for the last few years and just started grad school. I talked about that and I think my edu background helped me more than anything in getting hired.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Received call from recruiter after years of online applications. The interview was brief and focused mostly on non-technical matters. I was moved along to a in-store interview which is still in process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: "You have a customer that wants to buy their Mac at a Best Buy. How would you convince them to choose Apple?"   View Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Had a phone interview, store interview, and with lead and a manager. It took a total of days. Phone , next day store interview and a few days later lead and manager. Very easy to interview with. Be positive upbeat.

Interview Questions
    • was very easy. Why Apple? In the past 5 years what are you most proud of   Answer Question
    There was none

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

2 phone interviews asking about customer service and past experiences.
    1 face to face interview with Red Zone managers
    1 face to face with store leader
    1 phone interview with market leader
    Received call about 3 weeks later saying they would like to offer me a position

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite apple product and why?   View Answer
    None, everything was set in stone and it was a take it or leave it deal.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Group Interview with about 40 other applicants and 10 managers + hr/admins. Then 2 more 1:1 interviews with management.

Interview Questions
    • Each person had to give a 1-2 minute impromptu presentation about an apple product or software.   Answer Question

Genius Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online 4/10/14. Contacted via email 4/10/14. 4 interviews with 6 managers between 4/15/14 - 5/20/14. Received excellent offer 5/28/14. There were little to no technical questions asked, nothing more detailed than "what do you like about Apple products?"
    I interviewed 1:1 and 2:1 four separate interviews, with different levels of managers, ending up with an interview with the district manager then finally an offer from the store manager. It is ALL about your personality, your genuineness, your ability to communicate, and your ability to connect with others. Be yourself, if your quirky and funny, be that, just don't be fake and mechanical. This was the best interview process I have ever participated in!

Interview Questions
    Yes. Negotiation was easy. They asked me "How much do you wanna make" I said: "Beat what I'm making at my current job as a manager at a big box retailer." They beat it by a lot!