Apple

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview Details – Group interviews followed by one-on-one interviews.

Interview Question – Being paired with another interviewer to create a unique skit that represented the company from our perspective that illustrated a new product,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I was in college and needed steady employment. Best decision of my life!

Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2008.

Interview Details – One Group Interview, three one-on-one interviews, starting with a people manager, moving to senior management and finally with the store leader

Interview Question – Most difficult customer experience, how can you break down technology details into layman's terms.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for a position within the store through a friend. Had 3 different interviews with each manager of the store consisting of "why apple" and how I would handle certain customer service issues. The interviews were spaced out over two weeks but I was offered the job at the end of it.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer if a manger was unable to assist you?   Answer Question

Concierge

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview was really easy. just be honest. if you really like there products, get taht across to them.
one on one interview was strange. he asked me questions, i answered thoroughly. last question was do you have any questions for me. i froze.

Interview Question – what is your fav. apple product?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – another job offer.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2009.

Interview Details – You first apply online where you can upload your resume and go through the typical application questions. The next day I received a e-mail from the store manager to attend a career seminar. The seminar lasted 2 hours. There was a group of about 20 who attended. When we first walked in all of the employees cheered and high-fived everyone. We watched a few short presentations and then all of the applicants had to tell the group their name, favorite apple product, and their favorite smell. We were then broken into groups of two. In the group we had to discuss the presentation that we watched and then stand up in-front of everyone and tell them our partners thoughts. Finally we were broken into groups of 4 and we had 10 minutes to come up with a skit or presentation that lasted 2 minutes. I believe that the managers on hand were looking at your personality and how you interacted with people. The day after the career seminar you receive a e-mail telling you if you made it to the next round of interviews. I did not make it that far.

Interview Question – Do whatever you want to do a 2 minute skit in front of the group.   Answer Question

Concierge

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in July 2009.

Interview Details – they asked all of the basic questions, but it was formatted much like a casual conversation, rather than a formal interview. all usual interview topics were covered (qualifications, strengths i would bring to the position, why i want to work for apple retail, etc.), but it was very informal. one disadvantage of trying to work for apple is the length of the hiring process.. almost 90 days, which is not good when you need work right away.

Interview Questions

Lynnwood, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2008.

Interview Details – I sat down in my interview with Kelley and was very warmly welcomed. He actually looked at my resume and asked questions about other places i worked as well as their preorganized questions. A lot of times he would be surprised by my answers and we would carry on a conversation about them for a few minutes. I only went through the 1 interview, but everyone around me seemed really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – I honestly cant remember the specific question, but none of the questions were really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't feel any need to negotiate

Denver, CO

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in April 2008.

Interview Details – When I first got the call from the Cherry Creek Apple Store in Denver Colorado, I was told about the job I'd applied for. The basics of the job. I talked on the phone with them for about 30 minutes, as they asked a few broad questions; Did I think I was a fit for the job they'd just described, How many years of retail and customer service experience did I have, questions like that. I was then told that they wanted a one on one interview.
When I went in for that interview, I had about a ten minute wait, in which I was instructed to walk around and watch how the store moved. When we finally sat down, they asked me what I noticed first. It was definitely the customer service that caught my eye. Anyone who's been into an Apple store knows that it's chaotic, but through the chaos, all of the employees tend to be laughing or smiling. That's what I noticed. The people who interviewed me joked, and laughed with me. All together, the interview was super chill, laid back, but I ended up getting the job!

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing about an angry customer?   View Answers (2)
  • What would you do if, on a product release day, 5 people were yelling at you, and trying to get your attention, all at once?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The base pay was higher than the average job, and I transferred stores when I moved, and I told them that I thought I was worth more, and they said, "We do too!" They gave me a raise, they were really great about it.

Concierge

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in November 2007.

Interview Details – It went very smoothly. The interview was to transfer from another position in another Apple Store to a new position in a new store. The interview which I received was a one on one interview with the Store's manager. I have also participated in group interviews on the other end of the spectrum with Apple.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an entry level retail employee there is not much in the way of negotiations and any offer is pretty much the same as the next.

Northbrook, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in December 2007.

Interview Details – Everything went smooth, considering I was interviewing during the Holiday Season.

Interview Question – What is your retail experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Things went just as expected

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!