Apple Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA

3.3

438 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Applied through an employee referral. Got an email from a recruiter 2 days later asking to set up a phone screening interview. The screening process was about 30 minutes long, and the conversation was very comfortable. The recruiter was professional, friendly, and very down to earth. Most of the questions were behavioral/situational. About a week later, I received an email notifying me that they had already chosen a pool of candidates to go forward with. Guess I was a little too late!

Interview Questions
    • What are the different personalities you have worked with? Which kind was the most difficult for you to work with?   Answer Question

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Attended the open house at Cupertino during summer. Received a call for Fall internship. The whole process was 4 phone interviews.
    First interview focused on caches, C++, fsm design and comp arch questions. Second interview was mainly on C++ and memory management by OS. Third interview was about scripting in Perl followed by C++ questions. Fourth interview dealt with verification questions and cache coherence protocols.

GPS Field Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

a phone interview for one hour and then was called by hr for onsite. onsite was a two day process. was rejected the first day. The first day was a 10 round according to the HR. I was walked out on the 9th round by the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were from wirless communicaiton and RF. the wireless communcaiton was range vs rate. some in my resume regarding regression testing pervious intern, some in constellation some questions from CDMA, some questions in IIP3, 3db compression   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

The phone interview wasn't exactly technical, I just spoke to the hiring manager and then was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site was a full day of about 5-6 technical interviews, with a few behavioral questions here and there. The technical questions related directly to the team's work
     and were not the typical general CS questions. I will not share the exact questions (integrity and all that...)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were stuck on a problem? How would you formulate the question to your co-workers?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Contacted recruiter via LinkedIn who then put me in touch with another recruiter who arranged a phone interview with a hiring manager. Conducted a phone interview in which I thought I conducted extremely poorly, but after a week and half I was sent a design challenge problem to complete over the next two weeks. The challenge required completing a design and describing how you got to your solution which was then documented and sent as a PowerPoint presentation. After several weeks passed received a message that I would be brought in for an in person interview which was going to possibly be two days long. The second day contingent on the first.

The first day was 8 hours long with at least 8 scheduled individuals. Unfortunately though Apple was extremely unorganized and only 4 showed during the day. I was even left forgotten after the last scheduled interviewer never showed. I finally decided to leave once no one came to find me after an hour passed beyond that. Two hours later I received a call from the hiring manager stating he had decided to pass on my application due to a lack of experience in a particular field, that he also stated he knew I had no experience in from the start all the back from the phone interview. No apologies for wasting 2 months of my time for something I had zero control over. The experience was interesting, challenging, and a very angering experience.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask you what plastic this is (presenting to me a plastic component) what would you guess it would be?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer - Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

One phone interview, one short in person interview, and one long in person interview. The long interview had the most technical questions. The interviews were interesting b/c they were looking for a power electronics/controls engineer yet none of the interviewers seemed to have that experience. A few questions related to large volume manufacturing. Everyone seemed really happy and dedicated to what they are doing. Apple provided no response/feedback after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty level of all questions was moderate. One interviewer asked me how to fade an led. The question was so easy (just use PWM) I psyched myself out and tried to answer it with an inductor instead. I just couldn't believe it was that easy.   Answer Question

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Got contacted by Apple Recruiter and told me that he saw my profile in Linkedin and seems to match with his current openning at Apple. He asked me if I'm interested and of course I said yes. So he set me up with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. The first 5 to 10 minutes is all about the job descriptions and what to expect on the applicant and the last 10 to 15 minutes is all about my experience, why I'm interested working in Apple and so on. The phone interview went well and the following day the recruiter called me and told me the good news that he spoke with the hiring managers and gave a positive response and instructed to set me up again for another phone interview with a colleague manager for further evaluation. The second phone was more technical about more of the job description and experience. One week later I was invited to Cupertino for onsite interview for more than 5 hours with 7 (excluding the HR), consisting of HR, 3 engineers, 2 technician and 2 manager. Engineers ask more of technical questions but most of them are more interested on personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are really related to job experiences and some exercises if I'm designing a tooling for test.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, How could I try if I'm already satisfied with the offer.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question

IOS Telephony QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

2 Phone Screen Followed by 5 hour Onsite discussion with several peoples + director

Phone Screen 1: looking at my resume basic questions :
    how will you troubleshoot if CSFB call fails
    Test cases for Toaster
    seems positive with my skill set

Phone Screen 2:
    Call Flow starting from mobile switch ON
    How wil you troubleshoot MMS/Data throughput
    what to look in wireshark logs

Got schedule for onsite a week later

Onsite
    Round 1
    Explain overall LTE network architecture
    which enitity involved in CSFB call
    what all elements are involved in VOLTE/IMS Call
    Effect of Latency on throughput
    basic troubleshoot cases
    one guys start putting fantasy situations and other started laughing (should have been professional here)

Round 2
    Developer trying to ask if you know programing
    have you development any tool
    Knowledge of automation - tool usage

Round 3
    How will you trouble shoot Data
    basic cellular questions
    looks stressed and in hurry

Round 4
    Lunch round (No time given for you to eat properly kept asking questions)
    Call flow
    Troubleshoot Data/MMS etc
    Test/QA project management situations
    i was informed that work load is high, need to work extra hours and many times on weekend

Round 5
    Different team under same department
    not prepared to take interview hence random vague questions,
    showing attitude working for apple

Round 6
    LTE Call Flow
    how to test data - think of some quick test cases
    Director jumped in between, in hurry giving focus on education and experience working in US
    later got confused if my skills set can be fit in other team instead of the one for which i was scheduled onsite (not in sync before sorting resume)

Round 7
    Mix of above rounds

I answered most of the questions and few days later got rejection

Formal Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Applied through linkedin. Was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with the manager.
    After the phone interview the manger asked me to come onsite. Had 7 interviews onsite. The interviews were mostly about my research work and some questions on how I will formally verify FIFOs and some other hardware modules.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write a verilog code for some handshaking protocol.   Answer Question