Apple Interview Questions in Cupertino, CA

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview process I had ever experienced. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a specific role. She never contacted me back to set up a time but later that week an engineer called me and was under the impression our interview was confirmed for that time. I was completely unprepared and so I told him that the recruiter hadn't set up a time but he gave me the impression that once it was confirmed with him he couldnt reschedule so it was either then or never. I went through the interview but wasn't ready and did not perform very well not surprisingly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online early May. Contacted by recruiter mid-June. Brief (15-minute) phone screen by recruiter, then referred to hiring manager for a phone interview. Hiring manager invited me to Cupertino for a series of onsite interviews. In the time between the interview w/ hiring manager and my travel to CA, I was asked if I was available for another phone interview with the hiring manager's supervisor. I said I was, but at the designated time (a Friday night Eastern time), the executive never called as scheduled and I never heard from the recruiter that the interview was cancelled. I waited for 3 hours for a phone interview that never happened. As I live on the East coast, flying to CA for a Tuesday interview required that I take 3 days off of work. I interviewed with 5 people while I was there -- one of the 5 was another phone interview. Another was a no-show and the person who was sent in her stead kept checking his phone and seemed annoyed to be there. After the five onsite interviews, I had a sixth phone interview the day after I returned from CA. The following day, I received an email from the recruiter indicating that the feedback from my interviews had been great and that they would be making a decision a few days later. The recruiter told me she would touch base letting me know where they were in the process. I never heard back either way and had to call to find out the outcome. It's one thing to never hear back from a company that you've simply submitted a resume to online; however, to leave a candidate who has traveled a significant distance, invested significant time, and given up 3 work days to interview is somewhat discourteous. Everyone with whom I met was intelligent and enthusiastic but the fact that I didn't even get a thanks but no thanks email after all that time and energy after a 3-month process left me with a bad impression of the company and their processes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to ask if I would be interested in a position. We set up a phone interview with a team manager. The phone call lasted about 30 - 45 minutes, I don't remember exactly. It went fine.

Interview Questions

• The technical question was writing the implementation for some cstdlib function. Sorry, not saying which one it is.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A couple of phone screens (one of which covered some Objective-C fundamentals.). Spent a day doing on-site interviews. Initial part of the day I had to give a prepared presentation to all of the interviewers which talked about my background. The remainder of the day was 2:1 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

Have not declined or accepted. Process is still under way.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The first round was over-the-phone by the lead engineer of the test group. The questions were all technical related to the jobs that I applied for. I was invited for an on-site interview that evening, which I asked to have it a week later so I can have time to review materials related to the job. At this on-site interview, I stayed in 1 conference room and talked to 6 different engineers. They asked me about the skill sets that are required by the job, and everything else that I put on my resume. I was interviewed through my lunch. Everyone was very nice and professional throughout the six hours marathon of technical questions. I enjoyed it a lot and learned a lot too. I am now waiting and crossing my fingers for an invitation to talk to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They were all technical questions related to my jobs. My advice is to review materials that are required of your jobs, and everything that you put on your resume. No behavioral or tricky questions yet. If I am so lucky to move on to the next stage to be interviewed by the hiring manager, I think there will be behavioral questions because they want to make sure that you have the right attitude and that you will fit in their group.   1 Answer

I need another button that says "Interview - In Progress". I just finished the second round of interview. They need to review the candidates, then will extend the offer to those they select for the third interview with the hiring manager. I hope to be among the lucky ones that get a chance to talk to and convince the manager why I am the right candidate for the job.

EPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, briefly talk. And met the hiring manager on site a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly, make you feel relaxed and easy. 40 mins was too short, longer time might be better to understand each other better.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online got a mail from HR after 2 months. There were few positions matching my profile as i had iOS experience. Schedules a phone interview giving me a weeks time

Interview Questions

• OBJ C related questions and questions based on your previous projects, How would you implement queue with stacks, what kinda project would you develop if i invest 1 million dollars? hashtables and hashing How would you develop a chess game model using oops concepts ?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

first round: Initial phone interview, second round in person one on one, third round was 4 hours of group/panel interview from various people within Finance. Interview process is consistent with most silicon valley companies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got recruiter contact me the next day. Had a little conversation about my current work, and expected salary. Hiring manager called me 2 days later to discuss my background and the position he is trying to fill. Recruiter called back saying manager likes me and would like to give me a little coding challenge to complete at home. The question was easy to do (I do that type of coding every day at my current job). Recruiter phoned back with positive feedback and scheduled onsite on Monday. Met with 9 team members including hiring manager and his boss. Mostly conversation on technical questions and behavioral questions, some reasonable whiteboard coding problem but no BS. Offer came in on Tuesday. Quite a generous offer beats my other offers in hand by A LOT. Tried to negotiate a little more but couldn't.

Interview Questions

• Give a list of parenthesis symbols like [,],{,},(,) in a string. ex "{[[(}[}])", write a program to return True if the symbols are complete. i.e. "{}" is True, "}{" is False.   1 Answer

Global Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First approach was through Linkedin asking for an email confirmation of the interest on the job. The second round is a conference call with HR, very basic questions and a good description of the roles, pretty much asking disposition to travel and make you understand that is a very demanding role. the 3rd round is another conference call with one of the managers. If you pass these 3 calls they call you and send you an invitation to the HQ in Cupertino, CA. (plane, hotel, car included). In this final round there was 7 candidates for the same position, how many open vacants ? They would not tell you. The Cupertino interview started from 8am and finished at 12:30PM and a lunch later. The excercise was to interview with all the managers of the position 30 minutes each. The interviews included from basic tell me about your resume to a role playing scenarios with detailed information, The dress code at Apple is very casual. Most engineers wear T-shirts and jeans. While you can take it up a notch or two, please do not wear a suit or a tie to the interview. You will look and feel out of place. I recommend slacks and and a shirt with a collar. Remember to be knowledgeable in Apple, the key people at Apple, our products. When asked why Apple, think about what Apple would mean to you as an engineer. Lastly, bring your enthusiasm, energy, and passion for Mfg. and for Apple.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are on the elevator with the CEO, and you have 1 minute to reach the final floor abd you want to convince him to hire you. What would you say? 2. What would you do to ensure supplier availability and ramp up during a new product introduction? 3. How would you select a supplier? Which set of documents should be requested to have a trusted vendor? 4. why Apple?   Answer Question