Apple

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Program Manager Interview

Operations Program Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – It started with an interview at a career fair, then I was contacted by the recruiter for another phone interview. Finally I was flown out to Cupertino for a series of 1:1 interviews with managers and future colleagues. The offer letter was prepared about a month after the interview at Cupertino but I sadly had to decline due to the location (which meant my wife could not work).
Overall the process was fairly pleasant, the hardest part was meeting 7 interviewers back-to-back with no breaks in between.

Interview Question – Please detail the impact of conformal coating to a product's after-market serviceability.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me. Had a phone interview with another recruiter. After that had two technical phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with one of the senior hardware engineers on the team.

The on site interview was pretty grueling. 8 people back to back 1 hour each. Bone up on your college level electrical engineering questions, because they will make you solve equations and draw circuits on the white board. One interviewer gave me a test to complete.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected to be able to rehearse college level circuit questions (from flip flops to electromagnetism) for a senior level design position. I thought the interview would have been more about practical engineering experience versus academia.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Apple?   View Answer

Global Supply Manager Interview

Global Supply Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2013.

Interview Details – Reached out by a recruiter, have an initial phone interview with a GSM director, and went on-site interview with 6 GSM/director. They gave me a operations manager offer, and i turned down. ANd they came back with another GSM offer, but i still turned it down. But overall, i think the experience were really great, the recruiter was very efficient, not much room for negotiation and they expected you to response back within 2 days. But i was surprised they came back with another offer when i declined the first one, and asked me to go to their campus again for a follow up interview with the new team. I feel a bit sorry that i didn't take the offer in the end..

Interview Question – All questions were not as tough as i thought earlier. Pretty standard ones, asking about cost modeling, negotiation experience, and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The travel requirement is a lot higher than i expected, and the pressure under the team as i learnt from my insider friends were not i was looking for in a long term career.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Mechanical Technician
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Got contacted by Apple Recruiter and told me that he saw my profile in Linkedin and seems to match with his current openning at Apple. He asked me if I'm interested and of course I said yes. So he set me up with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. The first 5 to 10 minutes is all about the job descriptions and what to expect on the applicant and the last 10 to 15 minutes is all about my experience, why I'm interested working in Apple and so on. The phone interview went well and the following day the recruiter called me and told me the good news that he spoke with the hiring managers and gave a positive response and instructed to set me up again for another phone interview with a colleague manager for further evaluation. The second phone was more technical about more of the job description and experience. One week later I was invited to Cupertino for onsite interview for more than 5 hours with 7 (excluding the HR), consisting of HR, 3 engineers, 2 technician and 2 manager. Engineers ask more of technical questions but most of them are more interested on personality questions.

Interview Question – Most questions are really related to job experiences and some exercises if I'm designing a tooling for test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, How could I try if I'm already satisfied with the offer.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a university recruiter after applying through my university job board and was set up with a preliminary phone call. The interviewer called me and asked a few questions about my previous experience and projects but didn't seem to excited or interested in talking with me. I guess my previous experience didn't really line up with what the job required.

Interview Question – Describe your computer mouse and what you like / dislike about it and how would you improve it.   Answer Question

IOS Telephony QA Engineer Interview

IOS Telephony QA Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and randomly got a call. My cover letter was passionate, I think this helped. It was an HR guy who learned the position I applied for wasn't perfect for me (I'm not the greatest at programming) and said he'll blast my resume out. Got a call from a second HR guy who felt me out. Very real, honest conversation about who I am, why I'm interested in this position, what I'm about, etc... and he answered all my questions. Then I'm cleared for a phone interview, and I asked what to research for the interview (wireless communication history / protocols, etc...). Was calm and prepared for the call, went well, got a second one. Similarly asked what I should study up on (networking protocols). Got an on-site! Was flown out to CA for an intense 4+ hour process of multiple interviews with multiple people (sometimes one, sometimes two), only leaving the room for lunch, which is also an interview. They really grilled me on my resume, making sure nothing was BS, asked technical questions such as how I would test things, had me write psuedo-code on a whiteboard. Some tried to sell me on how awesome Apple is, others tried to tear into me more. Stayed cool, calm and collected and just answered every question to the best of my ability. Bring a bottle of water! I was very communicative with my HR guy through the entire process, bugged him for the feedback which takes a few days (said it was positive!) and eventually got a verbal offer. Then background check, formal offer, and off I go!

Interestingly, no drug test. ;)

Interview Question – How many ways can you move a ball in a straight line?
Wrote a one-line function to determine if a number is odd.
Write a function to reverse a string.
What are speeds for different wireless technologies?
How would you test iMessage?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be open and honest, I said I may need a little more because of cost of living in the area and they raised me a bit from the initial offer. Overall, it's a great package to start with and I didn't negotiate really.

HW Intern Interview

HW Intern
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – A total of three interviews. All very technical covering everything from circuit logic to what a driver actually does. A few off-the-wall questions, but looking back on it I can see how these help team members identify folks they would like to work with. On a fairness scale, I'd give it a 8/10. On a technical difficulty scale, I'd give it a 9/10.

Interview Question – Lots of questions around fundamentals, i.e. draw a NOR gate using only NMOS transistors...   Answer Question

Formal Verification Engineer Interview

Formal Verification Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Applied through linkedin. Was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview with the manager.
After the phone interview the manger asked me to come onsite. Had 7 interviews onsite. The interviews were mostly about my research work and some questions on how I will formally verify FIFOs and some other hardware modules.

Interview Question – Had to write a verilog code for some handshaking protocol.   Answer Question

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Engineering Program Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred via an emplyee a week before I was contacted by a recruiter. She right away scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager without interviewing me. My phone interview (20min) with the hiring manager went well. He asked about my current position and why did I fit with their position. At the end of the call he also explained about his two job openings. I had two onsite interviews. One was Full day, and the other was half day. The full day inteview was tough. Every half an hour a new person would come in and almost none of them had read my resume so I had to go over all my experiences and education. Questions were both about my experience and personal. The second day was more technical. Interviews were so frustrating I must say. I would say out of 10 people whom I saw 7 of them were constantly looking at their cell phones and were distracted. But all of the people whom interviewed me were so nice and reasonable. Next day after the second interview I got a call from the reruiter to discuss my salary and I was told that I'm being hired. The whole process took a month.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked! Probably the technical questions were a bit difficult but expected...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was too good to be true that I didn't have to negotiate it. I felt well wanted and they appreciated my years of experience and education!

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. The interview process was long and involved 3 visits to the campus as well as couple phone screens. The last step of the interview process involved a " design project" that I had to present to a group of 10 engineers and managers. Quite a few of the people were very unpleasant during the interviews, but a number were nice. The HR folks were very organized and kept the process moving.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about mechanical design, materials (especially glass and aluminum/steel), and mechanics of materials. For the PDE interviews, you need to be VERY well versed on material properties.   Answer Question