Apple

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – Ask questions based on my resume most of the time so that you should really be familiar with your resume. A few questions about how to test the equipment. The questions are not that difficult but some of them are not clear. Actually I knew the answer and I answered, but it seems they didnot understand what I mean,,,

Interview Question – About C++ programming   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from recruiter. Had a 1:1 phone technical interview, got an email from HR after one week for an on-site interview. Interview by 15 people(30 minutes each) followed by 3 more phone interviews. Got an offer after one more week. Most of the interviews are purely technical trying to understand my background and cultural fit.

Show enthusiasm and positive attitude during interview. Pay attention to detail and listen carefully to interviewers. Be proactive and ask questions. Be candid in your answers. Good Luck!!

Interview Question – Describe the manufacturing process for some of the components in an iphone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, offer was higher than i expected and i gladly accepted.

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2008.

Interview Details – large group interview, watching videos and occasional q's. some role play, very informal, rather pointless, but you should stand out form the crowd.
one to one with store manager, more q's, also about working as a team, and lots on customer service - i.e. the customer is king. must be a team player, must also have specific apple knowledge.

Interview Question – what is cpu of apple mac   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2010.

Interview Details – I'm still in the process of interviewing there.

Interview Question – Asked me to figure out how I'd deal with conflict (managerial question).   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter via Linkedin. Exchanged several mails trying to setup a good time to talk. Finally spoke for about ½ hour by phone. Spoke in general terms about by career experiences & areas Apple was recruiting talent for. Agreed to have a follow-up call but never heard back. Very pleasant recruiter / conversation.

Interview Question – nothing difficult just general background questions.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through Apple's website and was contacted by an Apple recruiter a month later. He asked some basic questions about what I was looking for in a career, why I wanted to work for Apple, and what my current salary was. I interviewed with the hiring manager that afternoon on the phone. The interview started 30 minutes late and I wasn't sure it would actually happen. The interview consisted of basic questions about my experience, the position, and a bit about the organizational structure.

I then heard nothing from the recruiter and had to follow up a few times to actually get a response. They set up another phone interview and this consisted of a technical phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too difficult asking basic security and design questions and going over my background again.

They scheduled an on-site interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews and a lunch interview with the hiring manager. The first interview was 15 minutes late and the lunch interview didn't happen at all. That interviewer was traveling. Ate lunch alone and finished off with the other interviewers. All were polite and interesting people, but didn't seem too interested or prepared for the interviews. The one thing I did get from everyone is that they enjoyed working for Apple and liked their jobs.

I sent my feedback to the recruiter but have yet to hear anything from them. I have to say that it was a disappointing experience and I really expected it to be better. The lack of communication and organization was certainly not expected.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Apple?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was told to meet at Apple HQ for in-person interview. Interviewer arrived late, however was very friendly. The interview went long, with questions and discussion that varied from the very technical and esoteric to more personal (dealing with people, etc). Some talk about travel requirements and mentioning of a possible second interview. Still, so far no formal scheduling of the next interview.

All in all, the interviewer talked as much, if not more than I did. The setting and environment was very comfortable, and the interviewer seemed more interested in the questions I asked than my answers for those provided.

Interview Question – What did you study in college, and can you describe some of your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position.
Contacted by the company recuiter about 6 weeks later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager.
Took sometime to find a good time for both side to set up a phone chat for 45 min.
Half hour after the phone chat, was asked to interview on site.
The basic question is to describe yourself.

Interview Question – Please describe yourself to me.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online a few days later received an email a few days later inviting me to an invitation only invite at a hotel. I went there stayed for 2 hours and it was pretty intense a lot of people were there but overall the employees were very friendly. Didn't receive an offer though

Interview Question – If someone came in with a faulty ipod and the genius bad was application booked what do you do?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep that briefly touched on my experience at previous employment. Then a technical phone interview (about 45min). Asked all sorts of questions from microprocessors to voltage regulators. Very specific knowledge necessary. He definitely knew his stuff. Come prepared!

Interview Questions