Apple Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly rigorous. It began with a 30 minute phone screen where I was asked about my experience in the field and my interests, and I was presented with a slightly more technical physics problem. I was then contacted about having an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview lasted for almost 7 hours, and consisted of 10+ interviews with employees in the division, who asked about everything from specific design questions to why I wanted to work there to what I valued in a job. I also presented my numerous projects. The following week, I ended the process with a shorter interview with two upper level managers. To the best of my knowledge, everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position, which was obviously disappointing after 10+ hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• After being presented a part of a product, they ask "How do you think this is made"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview

After normal greeting, asked some technical question.
    Then asked a problem:
    How do you test the prototype of the vending machine.
    If vending machine takes 1$ bill and gives 75cens worth product. But it doesn't gives out change.
    How do you analyze what has gone wrong. You dont have any access to internals of the vending machine.

Interview Questions

• How virtual functions work.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2009.

Interview

Received a phone interview after career fair at college. Was very technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are nodes in op-amp the same voltage?   Answer Question
    • If an ipod stopped working, what would you do after taking it apart to find where the problem is?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in August 2009.

Interview

I received an email notification expressing interest in me based on my resume. We arranged a time slot for an phone interview. The interview was very fast paced with an excellent exchange between both parties. Apple expressed interest and requested a complete chronological resume and positions of interest. I submitted the requested paperwork but not receive any followup correspondence.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in May 2009.

Interview

- The manager arranged phone interview and asked you for a good time for interview
    - The manager called me
    - Questions are mostly technical.

- Example question:
    --- How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?
    --- Low power methodologies
    --- question related to programming language

- The manager describes Apple culture
    - Do not ask about Apple future products. He will say that he would not comment on it

Interview Questions

• How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple in April 2009.

Interview

The interview on the phone was to check product knowledge, industry knowledge, specific job task knowledge and how you might handle specific situations in the job applied for, such as problem scenarios, standard documentation practices, knowledge of OS and hardware. The on site interview was more of the same, only in more detail and with a panel, as opposed to a singe manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They control this pretty well and give you only a little wiggle room as it is a short time, as they keep any momentum of excitement going to keep things fast.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in July 2008.

Interview

Most questions are very technicial and interviewers are professional. They know what they are looking for and most likely won't lower their standard. Generally speaking, they are good at following up with the candidate if they really want to hire him/her. In current economy, they are the few employers which are willing to hire new college graduates. If interm is doing well, he/she might be offered an permanent position.