Apple

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was brought into a conference room and 5 people rotated in/out and chatted with me for 30 min each. They asked typical questions like past experience and what i bring to the table. My proudest achievement, some project that I worked on most recently that saved the company the most money, and a few technical questions regarding manufacturing techniques, drafting, and what are some things that a designer should consider.

Interview Question – What do you like most/least about your current job?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – I talked to one of their managers in cupertino, but they are looking for people with extensive ASIC experience. Also, they need people with actual practice on coding, verification, etc.

I like Apple since this is a good company and they are the future for clouding computing.

Interview Question – design an FSM detecting signal 1101   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly rigorous. It began with a 30 minute phone screen where I was asked about my experience in the field and my interests, and I was presented with a slightly more technical physics problem. I was then contacted about having an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview lasted for almost 7 hours, and consisted of 10+ interviews with employees in the division, who asked about everything from specific design questions to why I wanted to work there to what I valued in a job. I also presented my numerous projects. The following week, I ended the process with a shorter interview with two upper level managers. To the best of my knowledge, everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position, which was obviously disappointing after 10+ hours of interviewing.

Interview Question – After being presented a part of a product, they ask "How do you think this is made"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2009.

Interview Details – - The manager arranged phone interview and asked you for a good time for interview
- The manager called me
- Questions are mostly technical.

- Example question:
--- How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?
--- Low power methodologies
--- question related to programming language

- The manager describes Apple culture
- Do not ask about Apple future products. He will say that he would not comment on it

Interview Question – How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2009.

Interview Details – I received an email notification expressing interest in me based on my resume. We arranged a time slot for an phone interview. The interview was very fast paced with an excellent exchange between both parties. Apple expressed interest and requested a complete chronological resume and positions of interest. I submitted the requested paperwork but not receive any followup correspondence.

Interview Question – Describe you life outside of work?   Answer Question