Apple Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Face to face interview with two senior mangers - however, they didn't reveal much about he products, groups ro company.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function that calculates a number's factorial using recursion   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

I was brought into a conference room and 5 people rotated in/out and chatted with me for 30 min each. They asked typical questions like past experience and what i bring to the table. My proudest achievement, some project that I worked on most recently that saved the company the most money, and a few technical questions regarding manufacturing techniques, drafting, and what are some things that a designer should consider.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like most/least about your current job?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

I talked to one of their managers in cupertino, but they are looking for people with extensive ASIC experience. Also, they need people with actual practice on coding, verification, etc.

I like Apple since this is a good company and they are the future for clouding computing.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

The interview process was fairly rigorous. It began with a 30 minute phone screen where I was asked about my experience in the field and my interests, and I was presented with a slightly more technical physics problem. I was then contacted about having an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview lasted for almost 7 hours, and consisted of 10+ interviews with employees in the division, who asked about everything from specific design questions to why I wanted to work there to what I valued in a job. I also presented my numerous projects. The following week, I ended the process with a shorter interview with two upper level managers. To the best of my knowledge, everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the position, which was obviously disappointing after 10+ hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • After being presented a part of a product, they ask "How do you think this is made"   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2009.

- The manager arranged phone interview and asked you for a good time for interview
    - The manager called me
    - Questions are mostly technical.

- Example question:
    --- How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?
    --- Low power methodologies
    --- question related to programming language

- The manager describes Apple culture
    - Do not ask about Apple future products. He will say that he would not comment on it

Interview Questions
    • How do you fix hold timing violation using Primetime?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2009.

I received an email notification expressing interest in me based on my resume. We arranged a time slot for an phone interview. The interview was very fast paced with an excellent exchange between both parties. Apple expressed interest and requested a complete chronological resume and positions of interest. I submitted the requested paperwork but not receive any followup correspondence.