Apple Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

3.6

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one initial screening-type interview, and then a full day in Cupertino, where I met with 8 members of the team 1-on-1, including a lunch interview.

A few of the interviews were very difficult, including a few riddles/brain teasers that I took a veeerrrry long time solving and needed a couple hints. I was asked a lot of CS and EE technical questions, as well as a ton of fit questions. One interview was quite intimidating. It was very rapid-fire, to test adaptability and response to interruptions. I kept positive the whole time and enjoyed the challenge! The interviews covered a broad range of topics and skill areas with all different types of interviewers. Overall I enjoyed them, and I came knowing that the interviews would be tough. They didn't disappoint!

My advice to future applicants would be to relax as much as possible and try to have fun with the challenges. Know that the way you react to a difficult situation can be just as important as your actual answers (if not more important). Keep smiling, stay positive and just think, I'm doing my best!

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give away the actual riddles, but study some riddles / brain teasers and get used to that way of thinking.   1 Answer
  • One of my favorite questions: What was your best day in the last 4 years? What was your worst?   1 Answer
  • Why Apple? (almost every interview)   1 Answer
  • State your top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses, as fast as you can. Go!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I interviewed on site with 6 different people in the organisation. They asked in depth about project management and people/stakeholder management skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position.   1 Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quite rigorous. I was interviewed by 7 people in one day and then one phone interview as that person was not here. Overall it went well but I got a response saying that my skill sets were not an exact match. Not sure, what they were looking for.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview -> 6 hours onsite interview
    6 hours onsite interview is very detailed, but most of the questions they asks are very standard. Those who you'll interview are most likely your future coworkers and bosses.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your management style.   1 Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Took 3 months before had our first phone interview with the hiring manager. Prior to phone interview with manager, interviewed with a fellow Apple engineering project manager which I believe went very well. Rescheduled with the hiring manager 4+ times before our first / only phone interview.

Manager was 12 minutes late and stopped the interview after 10 minutes (said she had someone in her office that she had to talk to). Interview started with a pause. I offered to provide a summary of my background and experience but I was cut off almost immediately with a drill down question about what was said.

Manager was looking for strong technology knowledge base and experience. I suspect that the interviewer was focusing on what was not in the resume. It seemed more of an elimination process.

I agree that this was not a fit for the company or for me.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had applied on the Apple Website for an Engineering Project Manager for the iPhone team and got a call from the recruiter. The initial rounds consisted of two phone screens one with the hiring manager and another with a PM on their team. I was then flown to Cupertino for an onsite interview.
    The interview was done in a room away from the main building and primarily consisted of 1-2 people firing questions at you. The overall process was very hectic with each interview lasting between 45 mins to an hour.
    They asked mostly behavioral questions to figure how well I deal with problems and wanted me to give examples for each of the behaviors. Towards the end of the day, they cut short the interview and told me that the feedback was mixed and bade me goodbye!

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The recruiter and the manager phone interviews went well. The onsite interview was a fiasco. They forgot about me so my interview started late. People just kept coming and going throughout the whole interview with no introductions at times. Onsite questions were not similar to the phone questions or what was described as the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your coworker anounced two days before launch that they were not going to deliver and in fact had not been working on their deliverables as previously stated in prior meetings.   2 Answers

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was sent an email from an Apple recruiter in regards to a position in Engineering Project Management. We had scheduled a chat for 30min ....but it ended in 16min. With my questions it took around 28min. I was told to wait next week by such and such date for a response. Day has come and long gone, no response.
    I was expecting a positive response since the recruiter mentioned twice that 'sounds like this is the right company for you'....oh well didn't strike luck this time, but I won't give up! After hearing what she loves about Apple, I was seriously convinced that that is where I should be and produce and contribute my best.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my past project   1 Answer
    • Talk about why I'm not going back to my previous company that I intern.   1 Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

30 minute recruiter phone screen, one 30 minute phone interview with another manager, additional 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. 2 days of interviews several weeks later, about 6 or 7 30 minute interviews per day.

Interview Questions

• If your project has a problem like X, what do you do? What if 10 more problems happen successively?   1 Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with Apple recuriter followed by phone interview with Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about your experience with using filters in Photoshop.   Answer Question