Apple

Apple Engineering Project Manager Interview Questions

3.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I interviewed on site with 6 different people in the organisation. They asked in depth about project management and people/stakeholder management skills and experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in March 2013.

30 minutes phone interview -> 6 hours onsite interview
    6 hours onsite interview is very detailed, but most of the questions they asks are very standard. Those who you'll interview are most likely your future coworkers and bosses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2013.

The interview process was quite rigorous. I was interviewed by 7 people in one day and then one phone interview as that person was not here. Overall it went well but I got a response saying that my skill sets were not an exact match. Not sure, what they were looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Took 3 months before had our first phone interview with the hiring manager. Prior to phone interview with manager, interviewed with a fellow Apple engineering project manager which I believe went very well. Rescheduled with the hiring manager 4+ times before our first / only phone interview.

Manager was 12 minutes late and stopped the interview after 10 minutes (said she had someone in her office that she had to talk to). Interview started with a pause. I offered to provide a summary of my background and experience but I was cut off almost immediately with a drill down question about what was said.

Manager was looking for strong technology knowledge base and experience. I suspect that the interviewer was focusing on what was not in the resume. It seemed more of an elimination process.

I agree that this was not a fit for the company or for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in April 2010.

I had applied on the Apple Website for an Engineering Project Manager for the iPhone team and got a call from the recruiter. The initial rounds consisted of two phone screens one with the hiring manager and another with a PM on their team. I was then flown to Cupertino for an onsite interview.
    The interview was done in a room away from the main building and primarily consisted of 1-2 people firing questions at you. The overall process was very hectic with each interview lasting between 45 mins to an hour.
    They asked mostly behavioral questions to figure how well I deal with problems and wanted me to give examples for each of the behaviors. Towards the end of the day, they cut short the interview and told me that the feedback was mixed and bade me goodbye!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2010.

The recruiter and the manager phone interviews went well. The onsite interview was a fiasco. They forgot about me so my interview started late. People just kept coming and going throughout the whole interview with no introductions at times. Onsite questions were not similar to the phone questions or what was described as the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker anounced two days before launch that they were not going to deliver and in fact had not been working on their deliverables as previously stated in prior meetings.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2009.

I was sent an email from an Apple recruiter in regards to a position in Engineering Project Management. We had scheduled a chat for 30min ....but it ended in 16min. With my questions it took around 28min. I was told to wait next week by such and such date for a response. Day has come and long gone, no response.
    I was expecting a positive response since the recruiter mentioned twice that 'sounds like this is the right company for you'....oh well didn't strike luck this time, but I won't give up! After hearing what she loves about Apple, I was seriously convinced that that is where I should be and produce and contribute my best.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about my past project   View Answer
    • Talk about why I'm not going back to my previous company that I intern.   View Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

30 minute recruiter phone screen, one 30 minute phone interview with another manager, additional 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. 2 days of interviews several weeks later, about 6 or 7 30 minute interviews per day.

Interview Questions
    • If your project has a problem like X, what do you do? What if 10 more problems happen successively?   View Answer

Engineering Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in April 2011.

Phone interview with Apple recuriter followed by phone interview with Engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about your experience with using filters in Photoshop.   Answer Question

Engineering Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in June 2009.

Applied through two avenues: online application and college fair. Had two phone interviews that consisted of general and technical questions. Interview process was well organized, and the recruiters are friendly and open to being contacted for questions. Was surprised to receive an offer after only two interviews. Definitely recommend the position to others, it gave me great insight into corporate life.

Interview Questions
    • Referencing a certain electrical engineering class (i.e. logic circuits) "tell me what you learned in it", and once the topics I had learned were given, I was then asked to expand upon the topics.   Answer Question
    Gave a great offer for an internship, hard to turn down.