Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Minimum of 4 interviews I was told
First was a group interview.
Second one on one
Third one on one
Fourth was another group interview.

Pretty much you must be outgoing and willing to learn and let it be known you want to learn. I had a couple people in my first group interview who were ask "when was a time you failed and what did you learn from it?" He answered "I never fail, that is something that doesn't happen to me." when this happened all i thought was 'well I won't see you again.' I also had a guy ask what the pay was going to be in the first interview which is never good because its an entry level position the whole point is to get hired not really what the pay is.
The best advise I can give you is be fun in the interview you can laugh. The interviewers were all pretty young and fun. the whole process was about a month. And people when the interview is over ask questions in not one group interview I had did someone ask questions when the interview was over besides me. ask what they do? how they got to where they are? do they like it?

Don't be discouraged but try and stand out, apple only hires who they like. personality and intelligence get you the job. if you are a nerd who thinks they know everything and you act ignorant because you are smart they won't pick you.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had good customer service?
    Why apple?
    Name a time you gave good customer service? (every interview)
    Name a time you failed and what did you learn?
    Your favorite product and why?
    Why are you a good candidate?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

They normally hire from within for Family Room Specialist. If that's the case you're going to be interviewed with a PANEL of managers. Yes, a panel. A little scary, yes but just be yourself and explain how it'll benefit them to have you in a Family Room role.

Interview Questions
    • They're going to ask you to tell a story of a bad/good customer service situation that you were in. Be prepared to tell a good story. Also, use some Apple vocabulary that you learned from Core. This will put a smile on their face. You're welcome ;)   Answer Question
    Be prepared for some set backs but don't give up the fight if you really want it. Either way, the experience is good for you. Learn from everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Applied internally within Apple as a Specialist.

Interviewed initially by floor manager in a 1-on-1 situation. Questions relate to ability to handle more complicated interactions. Manager will usually focus on previous areas of growth / concern to make sure you're up to the new challenges of the role.

After successful interview, second round was a group interview with store manager. During previous applications, a regional manager was sometimes present and active in presenting questions and listening to answers.

Questions will usually touch upon any recent policy changes, so ideally have an opinion upon those as well as suggestions for improvements where appropriate. Confidence is essential for FRS and Genius positions, don't be hesitant and be careful of your body language, as some managers place undue weight on it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer the position and state the compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online, a few days later got invited to a group interview with 4 other people. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and it went well and I got invited to a second interview. Again interview was very friendly, she asked mostly behavioral questions. The whole process was very quick (less than 2 weeks).

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

initially i applied online via their website for multiple positions that weren't internal only (specialist,Genius,creative). I applied to multiple stores in the area and just went for it!

After a couple days i received an email asking me to join a hiring event. What these are is basically you are invited to a hall or hotel to meet store managers. mentors of surrounding stores. This is a group event, so yourself plus 20 or so people will be there aswell. This is your chance to stand out and be the social wallflower that you are. They hire mostly on personality not experience.

Be kind and thoughtful. Raise your hand and participate in the activities. The main activity and how they sort from people is that they will separate you into groups and then proceed to ask you, how could you sell a mac to so and so type of person. you will go around the room with your group and just answer questions that the apple employees have for you. Smile and answer them to the best of your knowledge. as mentioned before they wont care how much you know. More if you can interact with people and be able to level with them

THIS COMPANY IS BIG ON TEAMWORK!!!

The event was awesome and now it's the waiting game. after a week or so i received a call once again and this was in-store interview time. Nothing to worry about here aswell, you'll meet with a manager(s) and it'l be straightforward questions. (why do you want to work for apple) you have to be big on teamwork and show alot of passion for what you do/will be doing. Be that person that they need. You'll never get another chance to make a first impression.

about a week later as well (which drove me nuts) i saw another manager again for a recap (same type of questions) and then i met their market leader (basically person who makes the decision) what i liked best was that it actually felt like i was having a cup of coffee with the leader , rather than just sitting there sweating bullets. Calm and by this point u practically have the job, unless you did something terribly wrong. Be still be considerate even at this stage, its a make or break (basically your final interview). JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!

you dont need any materials really. I brought any sort of certificates i received, and just brought my personality with me.

This article will probably get you hired! Good Luck and dont stress out. You'll do well!

Interview Questions
    • describe accountability. (Also describe a problem customer scenario you've had, what steps did you take to resolve it)   Answer Question
    well, i didnt have to really negotiate, it was a reasonable amount.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Apple.

Multiple interviews, including one on one, and group interviews. The hiring process took around 8 months, due to a "hiring freeze," and finally opening up a spot.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty straight forward. I would say if anything, every answer you provide should be positive. Including talking about previous employers/managers.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

There were so many interviews. It felt like overkill for a simple IT/customer service position. I was referred, so started first with a group interview, then I went on to a one-on-one interview with a store manager, and then was scheduled for an interview with the store leader when I found another position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when there was nothing you could do to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple.

One interview with family room manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Got a call from one of the Managers. She asked if I was still interested. She gave me a choice of three times to meet. When I got there, I checked in with another manager. There was a total of three managers there. Only two of the three manaThere was two other applicants

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you have recently delivered more than the customer expected.   View Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews and a background check after first interview. Make sure you are friendly and have leadership qualities and make those qualities shine through, especially on the first group setting interview. Apple is not interested in know it all techie types, you must fit the personality profile and they will teach you all the rest. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever presented an idea to a boss and was given resistance? What did you do to convince them.   View Answer
    No negotiation, its apple either you want the job or not.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!