Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were three rounds. First, a phone call, second, a group interview, and last a personal interview. The group interview was interesting. you were divided into groups and then had to come up with a story line that fixes a customer's phone or sell them a product. You need to be engaging but you also should not look like youre trying to steal the spotlight. You have to my sympathetic with the customer's problem and then make the situation positive and fix the "customer's" issue and creative a happy customer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First Interview: (Saturday) The first interview was a group interview with 18 people. We were given a presentation by the Manager, Store Leader, and a Creative. During the presentation we had different opportunities to comment or ask questions. Be intentional with what you say. They can tell if you are just trying to schmooze them. Then we split into two groups and played a pass and play game with an ipad. You had to answer the question, which was usually a typical interview type question ("Describe a time that..."). Be sure to talk to the whole group, not just the leader. Second Interview: (Tuesday) A few days later I got a call to schedule an interview with the Senior Manager. It was me and one other person. Just relax and be yourself. Again, no schmoozing. Third Interview: (Friday) Then I got a call to meet the Market Leader for the area. It was me and two other people. Same as before, just relax. In the whole process they just want to get to know you. I got a call the following Tuesday offering me a job. Once hired you go to a weekend training event before you start in store. Hope this was helpful!

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was behavioral based. Not once was I asked any questions regarding what would needed to be done to troubleshoot an Iphone or Ipad. The entire process as a while was pretty easy but it was mostly just long. Started in May and got the offer late June.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you were not able to meet a customers demands, and what did you do instead?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Straight forward and to the point. I had 4 interviews. The hiring event, and 3 inside the actual store. They seemed more like a chance to sit down and learn more about apple and explain my goals rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work along side a manager and you didnt see eye to eye   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Augusta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and didn't get a call inviting me to my first interview until 3 weeks had passed. During the phone call, I was given a short interview and given information about my first interview which was one on one with one of the assistant managers. He told me that he would feel comfortable sending me through to the next round of interviews. My next interview was a one on one meeting with the hiring manager (not the GM) and I received a call a few days later inviting me back for an interview with the GM. Then I had a one on one interview with the GM and he told me that he would like for me to meet the market leader (district manager) the next week. I got a phone call changing the in person interview to a phone interview and then another call a day later informing me that now the interview would be in person. I interviewed alongside another guy with the market leader. I was contacted 3 days later requesting I come in to fill out new hire paperwork. The questions asked ALL pertained to how personable I am and how adept I am at providing exceptional customer service. ZERO technical questions. I would only consider this interview process difficult because I had to go through 4 interviews and it took about a month. The questions aren't hard if you have what it takes (which is just being a kind, open individual). DO NOT go into Apple expecting to get the job because you know everything about the tech. They care about your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered an amount and accepted. No negotiation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

One other candidate plus myself were Interviewed by the Regional Market Manager and Store Manager. We of course were told it was not going to be a competition, they just liked to save time, it's still felt like a slight competition. One of the managers once even joked and said, "Oh that's a point for you!" We both left on good notes and eventually we were both actually hired. 4th and final interview.

Interview Questions

• "You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive interview for retail, but standard for any other job. Apply online (only), 2-3 in-person interviews. Tech interest is important, but truly, I feel Apple hires based on communication and engagement. You need to demonstrate patience with odd questions or people, the ability to diffuse heated situations with customers, and have an optimistic, service-orientated communication. Upon hiring, you have 2 weeks of training on customer service and engagement followed by in-store shadowing and tech training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews the first two were group interviews. I was very nervous for the first one and I did not think I did well at all but I made it to the second round. It seems like most people make it to the second round. The Second interview had more in depth questions. All the interviews were behavioral. The last interview was a one-on-one interview with the market leader. What is really annoying is that Apple tells you that you will hear back in 7-10 days but it took them about two weeks to get back to me after my first interview, but after my second interview I heard back in a matter of hours.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer told me because I come from a technical background that she is worried that people might not understand me when I talk to them about the Apple devices. She asked me to explain times where I simplified how technology works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Providence, RI).

Interview

Applied online and was called within 2 weeks. First interview was with Store Leader. He was very nice and direct. Second interview was with 2 managers and they were nice as well and kept the questions coming throughout interview. Third interview was with another manager in store and she was very direct and to the point witch I appreciated. By far the toughest of the three interviews. Last interview was with the Market Leader then Store Leader made a guest appearance. It was a relaxing and direct interview with both of them. While process was great. All interviewers were great! Really got a strong sense that they enjoy and appreciate working at . They all felt like they were apart of something bigger and contributing to society. I got an offer and after initially accepting, I declined. The job and opportunity was awesome but the timing wasn't right. I'm hopeful when I apply again, I'll be able to get an offer and I'll take the job 100%.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite apps and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked in last interview what I was expecting in terms of salary/pay rate. When they offered the position, it was better than expected. Not much of a negotiation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

4 interviews, phone, 2 store leaders interviewers on one, 1 store leader on 1, Market leader on one When have you encountered a difficult customer? and how did you handle that situation? When was a time that you received constructive criticism? and how did it help you? What apple products are you familiar with? Tell me about the apple watch?

Interview Questions

• When have you encountered a difficult customer? and how did you handle that situation? When was a time that you received constructive criticism? and how did it help you? What apple products are you familiar with? Tell me about the apple watch?   Answer Question