Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

45 interviews

2.8

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Family Room Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

They normally hire from within for Family Room Specialist. If that's the case you're going to be interviewed with a PANEL of managers. Yes, a panel. A little scary, yes but just be yourself and explain how it'll benefit them to have you in a Family Room role.

Interview Questions
  • They're going to ask you to tell a story of a bad/good customer service situation that you were in. Be prepared to tell a good story. Also, use some Apple vocabulary that you learned from Core. This will put a smile on their face. You're welcome ;)   Answer Question
Be prepared for some set backs but don't give up the fight if you really want it. Either way, the experience is good for you. Learn from everything.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Family Room Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

initially i applied online via their website for multiple positions that weren't internal only (specialist,Genius,creative). I applied to multiple stores in the area and just went for it!

After a couple days i received an email asking me to join a hiring event. What these are is basically you are invited to a hall or hotel to meet store managers. mentors of surrounding stores. This is a group event, so yourself plus 20 or so people will be there aswell. This is your chance to stand out and be the social wallflower that you are. They hire mostly on personality not experience.

Be kind and thoughtful. Raise your hand and participate in the activities. The main activity and how they sort from people is that they will separate you into groups and then proceed to ask you, how could you sell a mac to so and so type of person. you will go around the room with your group and just answer questions that the apple employees have for you. Smile and answer them to the best of your knowledge. as mentioned before they wont care how much you know. More if you can interact with people and be able to level with them

THIS COMPANY IS BIG ON TEAMWORK!!!

The event was awesome and now it's the waiting game. after a week or so i received a call once again and this was in-store interview time. Nothing to worry about here aswell, you'll meet with a manager(s) and it'l be straightforward questions. (why do you want to work for apple) you have to be big on teamwork and show alot of passion for what you do/will be doing. Be that person that they need. You'll never get another chance to make a first impression.

about a week later as well (which drove me nuts) i saw another manager again for a recap (same type of questions) and then i met their market leader (basically person who makes the decision) what i liked best was that it actually felt like i was having a cup of coffee with the leader , rather than just sitting there sweating bullets. Calm and by this point u practically have the job, unless you did something terribly wrong. Be still be considerate even at this stage, its a make or break (basically your final interview). JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!

you dont need any materials really. I brought any sort of certificates i received, and just brought my personality with me.

This article will probably get you hired! Good Luck and dont stress out. You'll do well!

Interview Questions
    • describe accountability. (Also describe a problem customer scenario you've had, what steps did you take to resolve it)   Answer Question
    well, i didnt have to really negotiate, it was a reasonable amount.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online, a few days later got invited to a group interview with 4 other people. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and it went well and I got invited to a second interview. Again interview was very friendly, she asked mostly behavioral questions. The whole process was very quick (less than 2 weeks).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Applied internally within Apple as a Specialist.

Interviewed initially by floor manager in a 1-on-1 situation. Questions relate to ability to handle more complicated interactions. Manager will usually focus on previous areas of growth / concern to make sure you're up to the new challenges of the role.

After successful interview, second round was a group interview with store manager. During previous applications, a regional manager was sometimes present and active in presenting questions and listening to answers.

Questions will usually touch upon any recent policy changes, so ideally have an opinion upon those as well as suggestions for improvements where appropriate. Confidence is essential for FRS and Genius positions, don't be hesitant and be careful of your body language, as some managers place undue weight on it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer the position and state the compensation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Apple.

Multiple interviews, including one on one, and group interviews. The hiring process took around 8 months, due to a "hiring freeze," and finally opening up a spot.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty straight forward. I would say if anything, every answer you provide should be positive. Including talking about previous employers/managers.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

The interview process for me started off by applying online at the Apple website. Waited about 2 weeks. Didn't hear anything back. Went to the actual store to talk to a manager. That manager introduced me to the Hiring Manager. Set up an interview with me for the 1st interview. This interview was with the Hiring Manager. He just asked me about my background - work experiences, why I chose Apple, and other basic interview questions. I had the sensed it was just to see how well I communicated; if i came off as friendly and well spoken. You have to definitely emphasize that you are a team player since all positions at the Apple store involve working with different aspect of the stores (specialist, family room, genius).

Anyways, after that interview. I got a second interview. This meeting was with the Hiring Manager again along with the Manager in charge of the Family Room as well as the Store Manager. Same type of questions but this time its for the other two managers to hear my answers and also evaluate my interpersonal skills. I was able to ask them questions about the position. They then asked if I would like to come back for a final interview with the Market Leader (kinda like a District Manager).

Went to my 3rd interview. Met with the Market Leader. Asked the same questions as before. They way Apple works, in my opinion, is that all the Managers that a candidate will have to work with in the future has to like working with you and see that you have the skill set for that position. They are more concerned with personality traits then technical skill set. The theory is that you can always teach technical skill set but with personality traits - you either have it or you don't.

After the 3rd interview, I got hired!

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question would be "Give me an example of a tough situation you were in at your last job and how did you deal with it."   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

There were so many interviews. It felt like overkill for a simple IT/customer service position. I was referred, so started first with a group interview, then I went on to a one-on-one interview with a store manager, and then was scheduled for an interview with the store leader when I found another position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when there was nothing you could do to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Invited to a "hiring event". We were grouped into teams of 4 and had to come up with the best set of products for the made up customer in question. We were monitored and evaluated the entire time. We were asked to complete quizzes with questions related to our desired positions. Later that day I was invited to the second round interview. Met with two people. Very basic interview questions. Nothing crazy. They just wanted to see that I was passionate about the company and the products.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

I was put through four interviews to get my first job at Apple, a part time Specialist in sales.

Interview Questions
    • A real effort on being your self. Plan to be asked on how you handle VERY difficult people.   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple.

One interview with family room manager

Interview Questions

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!