Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

One other candidate plus myself were Interviewed by the Regional Market Manager and Store Manager. We of course were told it was not going to be a competition, they just liked to save time, it's still felt like a slight competition. One of the managers once even joked and said, "Oh that's a point for you!" We both left on good notes and eventually we were both actually hired. 4th and final interview.

Interview Questions
  • "You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Extensive interview for retail, but standard for any other job. Apply online (only), 2-3 in-person interviews. Tech interest is important, but truly, I feel Apple hires based on communication and engagement. You need to demonstrate patience with odd questions or people, the ability to diffuse heated situations with customers, and have an optimistic, service-orientated communication.

Upon hiring, you have 2 weeks of training on customer service and engagement followed by in-store shadowing and tech training.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

4 interviews, phone, 2 store leaders interviewers on one, 1 store leader on 1, Market leader on one

When was a time that you received constructive criticism? and how did it help you?
    What apple products are you familiar with?
    Tell me about the apple watch?

Interview Questions
    • When have you encountered a difficult customer? and how did you handle that situation?
      What apple products are you familiar with?
      Tell me about the apple watch?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online and was called within 2 weeks. First interview was with Store Leader. He was very nice and direct. Second interview was with 2 managers and they were nice as well and kept the questions coming throughout interview. Third interview was with another manager in store and she was very direct and to the point witch I appreciated. By far the toughest of the three interviews. Last interview was with the Market Leader then Store Leader made a guest appearance. It was a relaxing and direct interview with both of them. While process was great.

All interviewers were great! Really got a strong sense that they enjoy and appreciate working at . They all felt like they were apart of something bigger and contributing to society.

I got an offer and after initially accepting, I declined. The job and opportunity was awesome but the timing wasn't right. I'm hopeful when I apply again, I'll be able to get an offer and I'll take the job 100%.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite apps and why?   Answer Question
    I was asked in last interview what I was expecting in terms of salary/pay rate. When they offered the position, it was better than expected. Not much of a negotiation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I had a total of four interviews. The first was with a hiring officer, who was also a store manager at the store I was applying to. The second was with another store manager, while the third was with the store leader. The fourth was a phone interview with the Market Leader.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the statement, "The customer is always right"?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

They normally hire from within for Family Room Specialist. If that's the case you're going to be interviewed with a PANEL of managers. Yes, a panel. A little scary, yes but just be yourself and explain how it'll benefit them to have you in a Family Room role.

Interview Questions
    • They're going to ask you to tell a story of a bad/good customer service situation that you were in. Be prepared to tell a good story. Also, use some Apple vocabulary that you learned from Core. This will put a smile on their face. You're welcome ;)   Answer Question
    Be prepared for some set backs but don't give up the fight if you really want it. Either way, the experience is good for you. Learn from everything.

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Minimum of 4 interviews I was told
    First was a group interview.
    Second one on one
    Third one on one
    Fourth was another group interview.

Pretty much you must be outgoing and willing to learn and let it be known you want to learn. I had a couple people in my first group interview who were ask "when was a time you failed and what did you learn from it?" He answered "I never fail, that is something that doesn't happen to me." when this happened all i thought was 'well I won't see you again.' I also had a guy ask what the pay was going to be in the first interview which is never good because its an entry level position the whole point is to get hired not really what the pay is.
    The best advise I can give you is be fun in the interview you can laugh. The interviewers were all pretty young and fun. the whole process was about a month. And people when the interview is over ask questions in not one group interview I had did someone ask questions when the interview was over besides me. ask what they do? how they got to where they are? do they like it?

Don't be discouraged but try and stand out, apple only hires who they like. personality and intelligence get you the job. if you are a nerd who thinks they know everything and you act ignorant because you are smart they won't pick you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had good customer service?
      Why apple?
      Name a time you gave good customer service? (every interview)
      Name a time you failed and what did you learn?
      Your favorite product and why?
      Why are you a good candidate?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied internally within Apple as a Specialist.

Interviewed initially by floor manager in a 1-on-1 situation. Questions relate to ability to handle more complicated interactions. Manager will usually focus on previous areas of growth / concern to make sure you're up to the new challenges of the role.

After successful interview, second round was a group interview with store manager. During previous applications, a regional manager was sometimes present and active in presenting questions and listening to answers.

Questions will usually touch upon any recent policy changes, so ideally have an opinion upon those as well as suggestions for improvements where appropriate. Confidence is essential for FRS and Genius positions, don't be hesitant and be careful of your body language, as some managers place undue weight on it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer the position and state the compensation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online, a few days later got invited to a group interview with 4 other people. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and it went well and I got invited to a second interview. Again interview was very friendly, she asked mostly behavioral questions. The whole process was very quick (less than 2 weeks).

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

initially i applied online via their website for multiple positions that weren't internal only (specialist,Genius,creative). I applied to multiple stores in the area and just went for it!

After a couple days i received an email asking me to join a hiring event. What these are is basically you are invited to a hall or hotel to meet store managers. mentors of surrounding stores. This is a group event, so yourself plus 20 or so people will be there aswell. This is your chance to stand out and be the social wallflower that you are. They hire mostly on personality not experience.

Be kind and thoughtful. Raise your hand and participate in the activities. The main activity and how they sort from people is that they will separate you into groups and then proceed to ask you, how could you sell a mac to so and so type of person. you will go around the room with your group and just answer questions that the apple employees have for you. Smile and answer them to the best of your knowledge. as mentioned before they wont care how much you know. More if you can interact with people and be able to level with them

THIS COMPANY IS BIG ON TEAMWORK!!!

The event was awesome and now it's the waiting game. after a week or so i received a call once again and this was in-store interview time. Nothing to worry about here aswell, you'll meet with a manager(s) and it'l be straightforward questions. (why do you want to work for apple) you have to be big on teamwork and show alot of passion for what you do/will be doing. Be that person that they need. You'll never get another chance to make a first impression.

about a week later as well (which drove me nuts) i saw another manager again for a recap (same type of questions) and then i met their market leader (basically person who makes the decision) what i liked best was that it actually felt like i was having a cup of coffee with the leader , rather than just sitting there sweating bullets. Calm and by this point u practically have the job, unless you did something terribly wrong. Be still be considerate even at this stage, its a make or break (basically your final interview). JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!

you dont need any materials really. I brought any sort of certificates i received, and just brought my personality with me.

This article will probably get you hired! Good Luck and dont stress out. You'll do well!

Interview Questions
    • describe accountability. (Also describe a problem customer scenario you've had, what steps did you take to resolve it)   Answer Question
    well, i didnt have to really negotiate, it was a reasonable amount.