Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Interview

After Steve Jobs passed away, I was on Apple's website reading some stuff about him when I saw the career opportunities link and thought I would apply to the Apple store just for fun. I didn't think anyone would call back since I applied to many smaller, less popular employers to work for than Apple and didn't hear anything from them. Surprisingly, I got an email from an Apple recruiter after about 2 weeks inviting me to a hiring event at a local hotel. The interview was a group interview with many others and multiple managers from different stores in the region present. After that interview, I went home and researched and found that the Apple store usually has a 3 interview process. I got a call back after 2 days for my second interview at the actual store. This was with the store manager and since this was a family room position, with the Genius manager as well. After about 2 days, I was called back for the third interview, this time at the store again. This was with 2 other managers, one responsible for the region as well. After about a week, I got a call back from the store manager telling me I got the job. I was happy to work for Apple and started the job and training about 1.5 weeks later. All in all, it was a tedious interview process but I'm glad I got the job since I invested so much time and money traveling for it. I'm 2 weeks into the job and still in training and it can seem overwhelming at times with so much to learn, but I have faith in God that He'll help me get through it with a positive attitude and that I'll make a positive contribution to the store and company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your former work experience where you had to deal with an unexpected policy change, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

4 interviews, first is a group interview, the rest are meet and greets with upper mgmt. be prepared to kill it in first interview. go over all the typical questions and have 2 different answers. have examples for each question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered i accepted

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Rigorous interview process. At least 3 separate interviews with different managers. Most applicants don't make it past the first or second. Apple is very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but basically if I have ever had to deal with an irate customer before and what did I do or say to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as their initial salary and package was perfect for me.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Providence, RI).

Interview

Applied online and was called within 2 weeks. First interview was with Store Leader. He was very nice and direct. Second interview was with 2 managers and they were nice as well and kept the questions coming throughout interview. Third interview was with another manager in store and she was very direct and to the point witch I appreciated. By far the toughest of the three interviews. Last interview was with the Market Leader then Store Leader made a guest appearance. It was a relaxing and direct interview with both of them. While process was great. All interviewers were great! Really got a strong sense that they enjoy and appreciate working at . They all felt like they were apart of something bigger and contributing to society. I got an offer and after initially accepting, I declined. The job and opportunity was awesome but the timing wasn't right. I'm hopeful when I apply again, I'll be able to get an offer and I'll take the job 100%.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite apps and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked in last interview what I was expecting in terms of salary/pay rate. When they offered the position, it was better than expected. Not much of a negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Augusta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and didn't get a call inviting me to my first interview until 3 weeks had passed. During the phone call, I was given a short interview and given information about my first interview which was one on one with one of the assistant managers. He told me that he would feel comfortable sending me through to the next round of interviews. My next interview was a one on one meeting with the hiring manager (not the GM) and I received a call a few days later inviting me back for an interview with the GM. Then I had a one on one interview with the GM and he told me that he would like for me to meet the market leader (district manager) the next week. I got a phone call changing the in person interview to a phone interview and then another call a day later informing me that now the interview would be in person. I interviewed alongside another guy with the market leader. I was contacted 3 days later requesting I come in to fill out new hire paperwork. The questions asked ALL pertained to how personable I am and how adept I am at providing exceptional customer service. ZERO technical questions. I would only consider this interview process difficult because I had to go through 4 interviews and it took about a month. The questions aren't hard if you have what it takes (which is just being a kind, open individual). DO NOT go into Apple expecting to get the job because you know everything about the tech. They care about your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered an amount and accepted. No negotiation.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

This was an internal process as I'd been with the company for 12 months before applying; It was 1 stage. Competency based. Buillt up around customer focus and wanting you to give clear examples of how and when you've achieved customer service. using the STAR teqnique is advised and should be followed.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you got to YES for a customer after delivering bad news re the repair you've done and they didn't agree with it   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One other candidate plus myself were Interviewed by the Regional Market Manager and Store Manager. We of course were told it was not going to be a competition, they just liked to save time, it's still felt like a slight competition. One of the managers once even joked and said, "Oh that's a point for you!" We both left on good notes and eventually we were both actually hired. 4th and final interview.

Interview Questions

• "You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive interview for retail, but standard for any other job. Apply online (only), 2-3 in-person interviews. Tech interest is important, but truly, I feel Apple hires based on communication and engagement. You need to demonstrate patience with odd questions or people, the ability to diffuse heated situations with customers, and have an optimistic, service-orientated communication. Upon hiring, you have 2 weeks of training on customer service and engagement followed by in-store shadowing and tech training.

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Interview

Minimum of 4 interviews I was told First was a group interview. Second one on one Third one on one Fourth was another group interview. Pretty much you must be outgoing and willing to learn and let it be known you want to learn. I had a couple people in my first group interview who were ask "when was a time you failed and what did you learn from it?" He answered "I never fail, that is something that doesn't happen to me." when this happened all i thought was 'well I won't see you again.' I also had a guy ask what the pay was going to be in the first interview which is never good because its an entry level position the whole point is to get hired not really what the pay is. The best advise I can give you is be fun in the interview you can laugh. The interviewers were all pretty young and fun. the whole process was about a month. And people when the interview is over ask questions in not one group interview I had did someone ask questions when the interview was over besides me. ask what they do? how they got to where they are? do they like it? Don't be discouraged but try and stand out, apple only hires who they like. personality and intelligence get you the job. if you are a nerd who thinks they know everything and you act ignorant because you are smart they won't pick you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had good customer service? Why apple? Name a time you gave good customer service? (every interview) Name a time you failed and what did you learn? Your favorite product and why? Why are you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

They normally hire from within for Family Room Specialist. If that's the case you're going to be interviewed with a PANEL of managers. Yes, a panel. A little scary, yes but just be yourself and explain how it'll benefit them to have you in a Family Room role.

Interview Questions

• They're going to ask you to tell a story of a bad/good customer service situation that you were in. Be prepared to tell a good story. Also, use some Apple vocabulary that you learned from Core. This will put a smile on their face. You're welcome ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared for some set backs but don't give up the fight if you really want it. Either way, the experience is good for you. Learn from everything.