Apple Family Room Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

pretty complex, all based on apple products, behavioral questions and scenarios describing what your skills and experience was. group interview with 40+ candidates and you must practice your presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were three rounds. First, a phone call, second, a group interview, and last a personal interview. The group interview was interesting. you were divided into groups and then had to come up with a story line that fixes a customer's phone or sell them a product. You need to be engaging but you also should not look like youre trying to steal the spotlight. You have to my sympathetic with the customer's problem and then make the situation positive and fix the "customer's" issue and creative a happy customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. If you pass the first one then you go to the second on. The third one is with the store leader. They want to get to know you as a person. If you do not have any of the required skills it is fine because you go through WEEKS of training!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was behavioral based. Not once was I asked any questions regarding what would needed to be done to troubleshoot an Iphone or Ipad. The entire process as a while was pretty easy but it was mostly just long. Started in May and got the offer late June.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you were not able to meet a customers demands, and what did you do instead?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strasbourg (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Strasbourg (France)) in April 2012.

Interview

Les candidatures se font uniquement en ligne. Trois scéances d'entretien, en groupe de 3 à 40 personnes. Aucune question technique, aucune demande sur le passé professionnel. Tout est axé sur le savoir-être.

Interview Questions

• Ne pas hésiter à aller vers les autres, à les questionner sur ce qu'il font, ce qu'ils aiment. Paradoxalement, plus vous mettrez les autres en valeur, plus vous admirerez leur histoire, plus vous avez de chance.   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Rigorous interview process. At least 3 separate interviews with different managers. Most applicants don't make it past the first or second. Apple is very selective on who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Not word for word, but basically if I have ever had to deal with an irate customer before and what did I do or say to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as their initial salary and package was perfect for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First Interview: (Saturday) The first interview was a group interview with 18 people. We were given a presentation by the Manager, Store Leader, and a Creative. During the presentation we had different opportunities to comment or ask questions. Be intentional with what you say. They can tell if you are just trying to schmooze them. Then we split into two groups and played a pass and play game with an ipad. You had to answer the question, which was usually a typical interview type question ("Describe a time that..."). Be sure to talk to the whole group, not just the leader. Second Interview: (Tuesday) A few days later I got a call to schedule an interview with the Senior Manager. It was me and one other person. Just relax and be yourself. Again, no schmoozing. Third Interview: (Friday) Then I got a call to meet the Market Leader for the area. It was me and two other people. Same as before, just relax. In the whole process they just want to get to know you. I got a call the following Tuesday offering me a job. Once hired you go to a weekend training event before you start in store. Hope this was helpful!

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate to work for Apple?   1 Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Apple (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

This was an internal process as I'd been with the company for 12 months before applying; It was 1 stage. Competency based. Buillt up around customer focus and wanting you to give clear examples of how and when you've achieved customer service. using the STAR teqnique is advised and should be followed.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you got to YES for a customer after delivering bad news re the repair you've done and they didn't agree with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online during my job search and heard back via a phone call about 2 months later. For the interview process itself, I had 3 interviews, 2 in store with a senior manager and with the store leader. The final interview was a phone interview with a market leader. The whole process was pretty stress free and then I was informed after a background check that took about a week, not sure why, that I had the job and I came in to fill out paper work and then started training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Augusta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and didn't get a call inviting me to my first interview until 3 weeks had passed. During the phone call, I was given a short interview and given information about my first interview which was one on one with one of the assistant managers. He told me that he would feel comfortable sending me through to the next round of interviews. My next interview was a one on one meeting with the hiring manager (not the GM) and I received a call a few days later inviting me back for an interview with the GM. Then I had a one on one interview with the GM and he told me that he would like for me to meet the market leader (district manager) the next week. I got a phone call changing the in person interview to a phone interview and then another call a day later informing me that now the interview would be in person. I interviewed alongside another guy with the market leader. I was contacted 3 days later requesting I come in to fill out new hire paperwork. The questions asked ALL pertained to how personable I am and how adept I am at providing exceptional customer service. ZERO technical questions. I would only consider this interview process difficult because I had to go through 4 interviews and it took about a month. The questions aren't hard if you have what it takes (which is just being a kind, open individual). DO NOT go into Apple expecting to get the job because you know everything about the tech. They care about your personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered an amount and accepted. No negotiation.