Apple Finance Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Submitted a resume through my college's job website. I got a call back and had a brief 15 minute phone interview about my goals, etc. Had a second Skype interview with a second year employee who began as an intern. We got along great as she went to the same school with me. I had a second Skype interview a few weeks later with a 4th year employee and stumbled. He was not very friendly and I was a little underprepared.

Interview Questions
  • Gave me three job positions without descriptions and asked which I would like to do and why. Considering this would have been my first internship, I'm not sure how they wanted me to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

I had one interview on my college campus with an Apple HR screener. Then I had four interviews at Apple's headquarters. Finally I had an interview with my to-be hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge of determining what commercial retailers (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) Apple should consider introducing "store within a store" Apple product displays how would you choose what retailers to introduce the new retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Applied through the on campus recruiting at my school. Had a first round interview which was partly technical and mostly behavioral. Then got called to come to the HQ for a super day of 5 interviews, as well as a casual lunch interview, which were mostly behavioral but a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could ask Steve Jobs one question, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If Apple opens an SIS (Shop in Shop) in a Best Buy in City X (which contains no other Apple stores), how can I measure the success of this store three months after its grand opening?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Went through three rounds of interviews. Was caught off guard on the informality of the third interview and the lack of questions asked, more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed that has nothing to do with academics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Applied through campus career website and received an email to interview with Apple maybe a week later. Given a day and scheduled the time for interview. I met with someone that was an alum from my school who interned in the position I was interviewing for and was a couple years into the full-time program.

The interview itself was very relaxed and casual. The interviewer was in a shirt and jeans and the interview was basically a conversation. Maybe a couple questions about some things on my resume but it was still back and forth with no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was the lack of difficult questions that leads me to believe I didn't get an offer for second round. We talked about so many things and I didn't use the opportunities to highlight skills and experiences. Almost too relaxed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

This was a very long process. I was interviewed by a total of 6 people (including a lunch interview with one of the FDPs). The interviewers were amazing. Everyone was very nice, open-minded, and enjoyable. They are really looking for a fit - someone that has the "Apple Culture." There were a few technical questions, but nothing very "financy." I didn't receive any questions concerning solvency ratios, or bonds, interests rates and all of that. However, I was asked to brainstorm on how I would analyze a certain situation.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

This was for the internship program that led to the Finance Development Program. They described the rotation system that they have in place there. Give you quite a few minutes for you to ask them questions. They asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why Apple?
    What's your favorite class?
    What's your least favorite class?

And other things off your resume. They asked a lot about what I've learned from the stuff on my resume too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

I went through on campus recruiting and the interviews were all very behavioral. All the company cares about is if you would make a great fit. I was even told once that they could teach a monkey to do what they do, thus they just care if the person would make a good fit for the company. Although the company is very innovative, their business and finance departments are a little behind the times. Everyone is very nice and obsessed with Apple. You have to "drink the Kool-Aid" to fit in.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation- took what they gave me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2009.

The first round interview is very casual. They asked me mostly behavioral questions. The person interviewing me was a recent graduated. It was basically looking for a fit. Second round was in Cupertino at their headquarters and I met with 4 different people, then went to lunch with FDPs. You meet with the person in charge of the post-graduate program. They were all very nice and I rarely received a technical question.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Apple is a great company, one of my favorite's in fact. The interviews were not particularly strenuous, but the process was a marathon. I had seven interviews before they told me that I did not get the offer. I have yet to receive feedback on why I was not selected for the internship.

Interview Questions

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!