Apple Finance Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2014

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Submitted a resume through my college's job website. I got a call back and had a brief 15 minute phone interview about my goals, etc. Had a second Skype interview with a second year employee who began as an intern. We got along great as she went to the same school with me. I had a second Skype interview a few weeks later with a 4th year employee and stumbled. He was not very friendly and I was a little underprepared.

Interview Questions
  • Gave me three job positions without descriptions and asked which I would like to do and why. Considering this would have been my first internship, I'm not sure how they wanted me to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Apple is a great company, one of my favorite's in fact. The interviews were not particularly strenuous, but the process was a marathon. I had seven interviews before they told me that I did not get the offer. I have yet to receive feedback on why I was not selected for the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2009.

The first round interview is very casual. They asked me mostly behavioral questions. The person interviewing me was a recent graduated. It was basically looking for a fit. Second round was in Cupertino at their headquarters and I met with 4 different people, then went to lunch with FDPs. You meet with the person in charge of the post-graduate program. They were all very nice and I rarely received a technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Applied through the on campus recruiting at my school. Had a first round interview which was partly technical and mostly behavioral. Then got called to come to the HQ for a super day of 5 interviews, as well as a casual lunch interview, which were mostly behavioral but a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could ask Steve Jobs one question, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If Apple opens an SIS (Shop in Shop) in a Best Buy in City X (which contains no other Apple stores), how can I measure the success of this store three months after its grand opening?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

I had one interview on my college campus with an Apple HR screener. Then I had four interviews at Apple's headquarters. Finally I had an interview with my to-be hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge of determining what commercial retailers (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) Apple should consider introducing "store within a store" Apple product displays how would you choose what retailers to introduce the new retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

This was for the internship program that led to the Finance Development Program. They described the rotation system that they have in place there. Give you quite a few minutes for you to ask them questions. They asked:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why Apple?
    What's your favorite class?
    What's your least favorite class?

And other things off your resume. They asked a lot about what I've learned from the stuff on my resume too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

This was a very long process. I was interviewed by a total of 6 people (including a lunch interview with one of the FDPs). The interviewers were amazing. Everyone was very nice, open-minded, and enjoyable. They are really looking for a fit - someone that has the "Apple Culture." There were a few technical questions, but nothing very "financy." I didn't receive any questions concerning solvency ratios, or bonds, interests rates and all of that. However, I was asked to brainstorm on how I would analyze a certain situation.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in February 2010.

Stuck up, definitely felt like I was suppose to feel special just because I was being interviewed. Felt like I was being interviewed to join a fraternity.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a hypothetical question about the 'ipen'. How would the project be financed. would it be useful for the company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

The interviewer asked some basic behavioral questions. He asked me what my favorite and least favorite classes are. He then brought up the Facebook IPO and asked me what do I take of it. So be sure to read business periodicals or at least keep track of what's in the news.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

They first had an information session at my school, where I gave them my resume. They also asked me to submit my application online. I submitted my application with my resume, cover letter and transcript. After a few days, they scheduled me a first round interview.

The first round was very chill. The interviewer was extremely polite and casual.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to open a store in a foreign country, what would be the factors that you would take into consideration?   Answer Question
    • How would you assess the success of that store?   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!