Apple

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through my college's job website. I got a call back and had a brief 15 minute phone interview about my goals, etc. Had a second Skype interview with a second year employee who began as an intern. We got along great as she went to the same school with me. I had a second Skype interview a few weeks later with a 4th year employee and stumbled. He was not very friendly and I was a little underprepared.

Interview Question – Gave me three job positions without descriptions and asked which I would like to do and why. Considering this would have been my first internship, I'm not sure how they wanted me to answer.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview Details – Apple is a great company, one of my favorite's in fact. The interviews were not particularly strenuous, but the process was a marathon. I had seven interviews before they told me that I did not get the offer. I have yet to receive feedback on why I was not selected for the internship.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2009.

Interview Details – The first round interview is very casual. They asked me mostly behavioral questions. The person interviewing me was a recent graduated. It was basically looking for a fit. Second round was in Cupertino at their headquarters and I met with 4 different people, then went to lunch with FDPs. You meet with the person in charge of the post-graduate program. They were all very nice and I rarely received a technical question.

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through the on campus recruiting at my school. Had a first round interview which was partly technical and mostly behavioral. Then got called to come to the HQ for a super day of 5 interviews, as well as a casual lunch interview, which were mostly behavioral but a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could ask Steve Jobs one question, what would it be?   Answer Question
  • If Apple opens an SIS (Shop in Shop) in a Best Buy in City X (which contains no other Apple stores), how can I measure the success of this store three months after its grand opening?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview on my college campus with an Apple HR screener. Then I had four interviews at Apple's headquarters. Finally I had an interview with my to-be hiring manager.

Interview Question – If you were in charge of determining what commercial retailers (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) Apple should consider introducing "store within a store" Apple product displays how would you choose what retailers to introduce the new retail experience?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was for the internship program that led to the Finance Development Program. They described the rotation system that they have in place there. Give you quite a few minutes for you to ask them questions. They asked:

Tell me about yourself.
Why Apple?
What's your favorite class?
What's your least favorite class?

And other things off your resume. They asked a lot about what I've learned from the stuff on my resume too.

Interview Question – Why Apple?   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very long process. I was interviewed by a total of 6 people (including a lunch interview with one of the FDPs). The interviewers were amazing. Everyone was very nice, open-minded, and enjoyable. They are really looking for a fit - someone that has the "Apple Culture." There were a few technical questions, but nothing very "financy." I didn't receive any questions concerning solvency ratios, or bonds, interests rates and all of that. However, I was asked to brainstorm on how I would analyze a certain situation.

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in February 2010.

Interview Details – Stuck up, definitely felt like I was suppose to feel special just because I was being interviewed. Felt like I was being interviewed to join a fraternity.

Interview Question – Gave a hypothetical question about the 'ipen'. How would the project be financed. would it be useful for the company.   Answer Question

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked some basic behavioral questions. He asked me what my favorite and least favorite classes are. He then brought up the Facebook IPO and asked me what do I take of it. So be sure to read business periodicals or at least keep track of what's in the news.

Interview Question – Favorite and least favorite class.   Answer Question

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – They first had an information session at my school, where I gave them my resume. They also asked me to submit my application online. I submitted my application with my resume, cover letter and transcript. After a few days, they scheduled me a first round interview.

The first round was very chill. The interviewer was extremely polite and casual.

Interview Questions

• If you were to open a store in a foreign country, what would be the factors that you would take into consideration?   Answer Question
  • How would you assess the success of that store?   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!