Apple

Apple Finance Intern Interview Questions

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Submitted a resume through my college's job website. I got a call back and had a brief 15 minute phone interview about my goals, etc. Had a second Skype interview with a second year employee who began as an intern. We got along great as she went to the same school with me. I had a second Skype interview a few weeks later with a 4th year employee and stumbled. He was not very friendly and I was a little underprepared.

Interview Questions
  • Gave me three job positions without descriptions and asked which I would like to do and why. Considering this would have been my first internship, I'm not sure how they wanted me to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2011.

I had one interview on my college campus with an Apple HR screener. Then I had four interviews at Apple's headquarters. Finally I had an interview with my to-be hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in charge of determining what commercial retailers (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) Apple should consider introducing "store within a store" Apple product displays how would you choose what retailers to introduce the new retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Applied through the on campus recruiting at my school. Had a first round interview which was partly technical and mostly behavioral. Then got called to come to the HQ for a super day of 5 interviews, as well as a casual lunch interview, which were mostly behavioral but a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could ask Steve Jobs one question, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • If Apple opens an SIS (Shop in Shop) in a Best Buy in City X (which contains no other Apple stores), how can I measure the success of this store three months after its grand opening?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Went through three rounds of interviews. Was caught off guard on the informality of the third interview and the lack of questions asked, more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed that has nothing to do with academics?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Scheduled an interview through campus career center. Interview was exclusively behavioral: don't expect questions on your econ/finance classes, or even Excel experience. Apple seems to be very interested in finding people who "fit" with Apple culture. Numerous questions about favorite classes, what makes you unique, challenging experiences, etc.

Be prepared for weird behavioral questions: what kind of animal would you be, what's the craziest thing you've done, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you experienced failure. What was the situation, and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Applied through campus career website and received an email to interview with Apple maybe a week later. Given a day and scheduled the time for interview. I met with someone that was an alum from my school who interned in the position I was interviewing for and was a couple years into the full-time program.

The interview itself was very relaxed and casual. The interviewer was in a shirt and jeans and the interview was basically a conversation. Maybe a couple questions about some things on my resume but it was still back and forth with no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was the lack of difficult questions that leads me to believe I didn't get an offer for second round. We talked about so many things and I didn't use the opportunities to highlight skills and experiences. Almost too relaxed.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

All behavioral, pretty easy. On campus interview, then on site interview (4 interviews in a row + lunch)

Interview Questions
    • If you were expanding Apple into a new country, what factors would you consider?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They first had an information session at my school, where I gave them my resume. They also asked me to submit my application online. I submitted my application with my resume, cover letter and transcript. After a few days, they scheduled me a first round interview.

The first round was very chill. The interviewer was extremely polite and casual.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to open a store in a foreign country, what would be the factors that you would take into consideration?   Answer Question
    • How would you assess the success of that store?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2012.

The interviewer asked some basic behavioral questions. He asked me what my favorite and least favorite classes are. He then brought up the Facebook IPO and asked me what do I take of it. So be sure to read business periodicals or at least keep track of what's in the news.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in February 2010.

Stuck up, definitely felt like I was suppose to feel special just because I was being interviewed. Felt like I was being interviewed to join a fraternity.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a hypothetical question about the 'ipen'. How would the project be financed. would it be useful for the company.   Answer Question