Apple

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The hiring process took a really long time. They could not figure out which team I should work with so they kept shopping me around to different places. The recruiter was very unresponsive and did not provide any updates. I had to reach out to her multiple times to ask about my status.

Interview Questions
  • Based on your previous experience, I think this job may be too boring for you. Why are you interested?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online through my school's career center. I was contacted after submitting only a resume. They interviewed about 11 people at my school, the interviewer told me that only one or two would move on to the next round, which was a trip to the Apple. Fairly straightforward interview, mostly a general resume screen and background.

Financial Analyst Interview

About a thirty minute interview. Asked to walk through my resume and questions and conversation naturally flowed from there. There were no technical finance questions. The questions were mainly behavioral and why you were interested in working for Apple.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Applied through my university career center and got an on-campus interview. The lady who interviewed me had gone through the Financial Analyst Rotational program and read off a list of questions. While she was extremely nice and sociable, there was a disconnect in chemistry. No surprise that I did not get an offer. However, I will say that all their questions are more concerned about how well you know the company--and less about you as an individual.

Financial Analyst Interview

Got selected from a pile of resumes at a career fair after I met with one of the recruiters and spoke to them for a little over 10 minutes. They seem pretty laid back, and i was more of they called to schedule a face-to-face half an hour interview. Met with a financial analyst, and did not get a call back.

Financial Analyst Interview

First round on campus, mainly on background.

Second (final round) with 4 different people asking a variety of questions. Practicing consulting interviews (case questions) helped a lot. I remember one question was what should Apple consider before implementing a shop-in-shop store for Best Buy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected because I had consulting interviews right before...these questions were a little easier than the ones BCG or McKinsey would ask   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Got the interview through a friend and interviewed via phone two times. Then I came in for an interview and met with the entire team which took all day. Then had a final phone conversation and offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would I take back to the stone age with me if I traveled back in time?   View Answer
    Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Interview was by business area managers that finance person would be supporting and primarily consisted of determining if I would be a good fit for the organization. Job was currently filled by individual in California and was being moved to Texas. Interview was more of a conversation style rather than a Q&A event. Overall, interview was generally awkward as the business managers couldn't tell me much about the job and seemed reluctant to provide information or ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2009.

After applying online, I received a phone call requesting to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, was an in-person interview at the HQ. The hiring manager and a few of his colleagues interviewed and a week later I was offered the position. The HR manager guided the process, communicated clearly, and was pleasant to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Come prepared with documented successes from your past experience, but above all, be your authentic personality. They are hiring for personality, above all else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in October 2008.

From a recruitment standpoint, Apple is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever dealt with.

It started with a phone interview with a recruiter, which went okay. I was then supposed to go to their campus for a good 4 hours of interviewing.

I got there around 8:30, and waited. And waited. And waited some more. It turns out they booked my interview with the wrong person, and the actual hiring manager didn't even get in until long after I arrived. I did interview with the rest of the team, but the recruiter screwed up and didn't book a conference room- we had to bounce around ever 30-60 minutes to find a room that was unoccupied.

Finally, I got to speak with the hiring manger but only for about 5 minutes. I agreed to return later in the day, which essentially meant a "split session" interview. So I left around noon and came back around 6pm.

I ended up not getting the job, which is fine- just because I dealt with their BS doesn't entitle me to anything. I was just really surprised at what a disorganized clusterf**k Apple ended up being. To be honest, the entire interview experience gave me significant pause about what it would be like to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was terribly out of the ordinary or out of left field, so there isn't much to say about this.   Answer Question