Apple

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Metairie, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – rigorous, 3 phone interviews, 3 in person, focus more on value than experience, management super nice almost deceivingly so, more of a chat than an interview not much business discussed, easy training

Interview Question – do you trust apple?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Genius

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Internal hire. Three interviews over a month. Interviewed in order of report: Manager, Store Leader, Market Leader. Interviews lasted one hour and generally reviewed performance, expectations, and what candidate can offer.

Interview Question – As an internal candidate, no question was especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Genius

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interviews are at times difficult. The interesting thing about Apple is they are masterful interviewers. They will ask you the same question by different people at different times and will see if you're consistent in your answers. The interviews can be in group form (hiring events), phone interviews or in person interviews. The interviews can and probably will be multi-leveled meaning that you might meet many different people from the same store.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you failed at something and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Genius

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The first "interview" so-to-speak was a hiring even with multiple staff from multiple stores. There were no real questions asked just information about what type of position you are actually applying for and what store. After that was a one on one interview with one of hte managers of the store. This interview was where the real questions were asked. I was asked technical questions (what is ram, rom. etc.) The last interview was with the Market Leader. The last interview was just getting to know you type of interview.

Interview Question – When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pay but that was a lengthy process. I returned the offer about 3 times before I was satisfied

Genius

I applied through other source and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Internal interview. Had 3 interviews, family room manager and lead genius, store leader, market leader. Was being groomed for the position for months.

Interview Question – What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – After applying on the Internet, I went to three separate interviews, until Apple decided to consider other candidates

Interview Question – From your previous employments, who was your favorite/most disliked manager and why;   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event where there were about 20 people. It was very behavioral and they split you up into groups. They didn't ask technical questions, but they asked a lot of behavior-specific questions. You can tell that they are looking for someone who exhibits and demonstrates excitement towards Apple products. I went to three more interviews after that before I got an offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were specific-- keep in mind that they are looking for examples that demonstrate behavior specific actions.   Answer Question

Genius

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

Interview Details – 5 interviews

Interview Question – what to change about myself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave me a number

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – The main trait that they are looking for in the interviews is the ability to communicate with people. Some other things that they are looking for are people that are very nice and easy going someone who has a great deal of patience. Do not worry to much about your technical knowledge this is something that Apple will teach you.

Interview Question – How do you react to a customer that has had a bad experience and continues to be a hassle.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was not a great deal of negotiating, more of this is they offer they have you can take it or leave it.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process has changed since I started 5 years ago. Apple claims to be highly selective during the interview process, but at the store I first started at, we had people with no knowledge of the Mac or iPhone and no hint of what even minimal customer service looked like. New hires would come to work stoned and barely able to function. How Apple can say it's hiring process is highly selective baffles me.

Interview Question – Customers are a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I leave work so enriched by my day and the interactions I have had, and sometimes I leave disheartened and with no hope for the human race. It truly is a bipolar job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations but I was satisfied the offer they gave me.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!