Apple Genius Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2014

2.7

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Genius Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Internal hire. Three interviews over a month. Interviewed in order of report: Manager, Store Leader, Market Leader. Interviews lasted one hour and generally reviewed performance, expectations, and what candidate can offer.

Interview Questions
  • As an internal candidate, no question was especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Genius Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple.

The interviews are at times difficult. The interesting thing about Apple is they are masterful interviewers. They will ask you the same question by different people at different times and will see if you're consistent in your answers. The interviews can be in group form (hiring events), phone interviews or in person interviews. The interviews can and probably will be multi-leveled meaning that you might meet many different people from the same store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you failed at something and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

The first "interview" so-to-speak was a hiring even with multiple staff from multiple stores. There were no real questions asked just information about what type of position you are actually applying for and what store. After that was a one on one interview with one of hte managers of the store. This interview was where the real questions were asked. I was asked technical questions (what is ram, rom. etc.) The last interview was with the Market Leader. The last interview was just getting to know you type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate pay but that was a lengthy process. I returned the offer about 3 times before I was satisfied

Genius Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Apple.

Internal interview. Had 3 interviews, family room manager and lead genius, store leader, market leader. Was being groomed for the position for months.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

After applying on the Internet, I went to three separate interviews, until Apple decided to consider other candidates

Interview Questions
    • From your previous employments, who was your favorite/most disliked manager and why;   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I went to a hiring event where there were about 20 people. It was very behavioral and they split you up into groups. They didn't ask technical questions, but they asked a lot of behavior-specific questions. You can tell that they are looking for someone who exhibits and demonstrates excitement towards Apple products. I went to three more interviews after that before I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were specific-- keep in mind that they are looking for examples that demonstrate behavior specific actions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

The main trait that they are looking for in the interviews is the ability to communicate with people. Some other things that they are looking for are people that are very nice and easy going someone who has a great deal of patience. Do not worry to much about your technical knowledge this is something that Apple will teach you.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react to a customer that has had a bad experience and continues to be a hassle.   View Answer
    Was not a great deal of negotiating, more of this is they offer they have you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

The process is pretty stupid if you asked me. They fill their store with about 40 potential new hires for an open discussion interview. It's a way to see if you have the spunk that Apple is looking for. They ask you to introduce the person next to you. They have you watch 3 short 5 min. clips from Apple. Pay attention because they will ask questions about it.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were retail oriented. ie.. selling a customer   View Answer

read previous comment

Genius Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Apple.

Apple starts with a phone interview to gauge your personality, followed by your first of three in-person interviews: first is an interview with an assistant manager, followed by an interview with the store manager, followed by an interview with a market manager. VERY redundant. It should also be noted that, from my experience, the managers aren't trained or experienced in interviewing people and reading people, so they often make decisions based on arbitrary things. (I.E. my manager was doing a phone interview, she called a girl, the girl explained that she was out shopping and was unable to hear well, asked to reschedule, my manager said she would try again, then commented that the girl shouldn't have answered if she wasn't ready, on to the next.)

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. They are just looking for someone who loves Apple, and who is friendly, excited, and outgoing. Even for technical positions like Genius, they don't seem as concerned as they should be about your technical knowledge. They think customers would prefer someone who knows less, but is bubbly, than someone who knows Mac computers inside and out, but is more reserved.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. They are very clear, this is the offer, end of story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Apple.

Long and stupid

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. They just make the whole thing drawn out and retarded to justify their status and ridiculous prices.   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!