Apple Genius Interview Questions

2.7

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Metairie, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

rigorous, 3 phone interviews, 3 in person, focus more on value than experience, management super nice almost deceivingly so, more of a chat than an interview not much business discussed, easy training

no negotiation at all

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Genius Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Internal hire. Three interviews over a month. Interviewed in order of report: Manager, Store Leader, Market Leader. Interviews lasted one hour and generally reviewed performance, expectations, and what candidate can offer.

Interview Questions
    • As an internal candidate, no question was especially difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple.

The interviews are at times difficult. The interesting thing about Apple is they are masterful interviewers. They will ask you the same question by different people at different times and will see if you're consistent in your answers. The interviews can be in group form (hiring events), phone interviews or in person interviews. The interviews can and probably will be multi-leveled meaning that you might meet many different people from the same store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you failed at something and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

The first "interview" so-to-speak was a hiring even with multiple staff from multiple stores. There were no real questions asked just information about what type of position you are actually applying for and what store. After that was a one on one interview with one of hte managers of the store. This interview was where the real questions were asked. I was asked technical questions (what is ram, rom. etc.) The last interview was with the Market Leader. The last interview was just getting to know you type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate pay but that was a lengthy process. I returned the offer about 3 times before I was satisfied

Genius Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Apple.

Internal interview. Had 3 interviews, family room manager and lead genius, store leader, market leader. Was being groomed for the position for months.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

After applying on the Internet, I went to three separate interviews, until Apple decided to consider other candidates

Interview Questions
    • From your previous employments, who was your favorite/most disliked manager and why;   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I went to a hiring event where there were about 20 people. It was very behavioral and they split you up into groups. They didn't ask technical questions, but they asked a lot of behavior-specific questions. You can tell that they are looking for someone who exhibits and demonstrates excitement towards Apple products. I went to three more interviews after that before I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were specific-- keep in mind that they are looking for examples that demonstrate behavior specific actions.   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

5 interviews

Gave me a number

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

The main trait that they are looking for in the interviews is the ability to communicate with people. Some other things that they are looking for are people that are very nice and easy going someone who has a great deal of patience. Do not worry to much about your technical knowledge this is something that Apple will teach you.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react to a customer that has had a bad experience and continues to be a hassle.   View Answer
    Was not a great deal of negotiating, more of this is they offer they have you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2009.

Hiring and interview process has changed since I started 5 years ago. Apple claims to be highly selective during the interview process, but at the store I first started at, we had people with no knowledge of the Mac or iPhone and no hint of what even minimal customer service looked like. New hires would come to work stoned and barely able to function. How Apple can say it's hiring process is highly selective baffles me.

Interview Questions
    • Customers are a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I leave work so enriched by my day and the interactions I have had, and sometimes I leave disheartened and with no hope for the human race. It truly is a bipolar job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations but I was satisfied the offer they gave me.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!