Apple

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to market lead, had been with the company for 2 years. Easy interview.

Negotiation Details – Asked for $18 an hour

Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process is pretty stupid if you asked me. They fill their store with about 40 potential new hires for an open discussion interview. It's a way to see if you have the spunk that Apple is looking for. They ask you to introduce the person next to you. They have you watch 3 short 5 min. clips from Apple. Pay attention because they will ask questions about it.

Interview Question – All the questions were retail oriented. ie.. selling a customer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – read previous comment

Genius

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Apple starts with a phone interview to gauge your personality, followed by your first of three in-person interviews: first is an interview with an assistant manager, followed by an interview with the store manager, followed by an interview with a market manager. VERY redundant. It should also be noted that, from my experience, the managers aren't trained or experienced in interviewing people and reading people, so they often make decisions based on arbitrary things. (I.E. my manager was doing a phone interview, she called a girl, the girl explained that she was out shopping and was unable to hear well, asked to reschedule, my manager said she would try again, then commented that the girl shouldn't have answered if she wasn't ready, on to the next.)

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. They are just looking for someone who loves Apple, and who is friendly, excited, and outgoing. Even for technical positions like Genius, they don't seem as concerned as they should be about your technical knowledge. They think customers would prefer someone who knows less, but is bubbly, than someone who knows Mac computers inside and out, but is more reserved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They are very clear, this is the offer, end of story.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2011.

Interview Details – Will get a call from a recruiter, if you don't fit the culture, you'll first go to a hiring seminar. Sometimes you're pushed to the first interview. You will have anywhere from 3-4 interviews (not including the hiring seminar).

Interview Question – They will ask questions, but you won't even begin to comprehend why. You will think they're topical, but they are simplistic. The only thing they want to know at the retail level is that you have a passion for apple, serious technical or sales experience and this glowing personality that will attract people. Apple hires the best combination of this people and also likes them to be creative and dynamic. To use the products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – only got a couple dollar increase after going back so many times. There are brackets for those who are brought on, you can only really negotiate an additional 2 dollars...

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed 3 times with different levels of management; Everyone was kind and genuinely interested in me and the skills that I could offer the company.

Interview Question – It was a traditional interview; example, name a time when you used "x" skills to achieve "y" goals. What was the result? ect.   Answer Question

Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Long and stupid

Interview Question – Nothing really. They just make the whole thing drawn out and retarded to justify their status and ridiculous prices.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – There were a significant number of interviews - probably about five or six - and many, many times of actually visiting stores and talking to managers in person. It was a multi-month process (probably 4 months) before a phone offer was tendered. Interviews occurred with assistant managers first, then the senior assistant manager, then the store manager, then the market manager.

Interview Question – None of the questions are terribly difficult - it's primarily a process of asking questions such as "why do you love Apple technology?" or "explain a situation where you had to mitigate conflict?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable pay and benefits. It's a massive, international retail operation. The only things that will make you more competitive and possibly able to ask for better pay are higher certifications.

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is lengthy but is in place to ensure we higher only the best candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you have failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward, hourly retail position.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – TL;DR version = Long process, lots of other people applying, didn't get hired. :(

Detailed version (Recommend that you read): Hiring was as simple as going to the Apple Jobs website, signing in (with your Apple ID), uploading (or typing out) your resume and selecting the available jobs based on your region. It took almost a month to get a response, to which you're sent to their job seminar where you get to see a glimpse of what it's like to work at the Apple Store. Of course, this is the "cult" aspect. The interview portion was after all the bells and whistles, and they were basic, typical interview questions as well as scenarios. The typical group size was about 20 for a total of 60 people (3 interviews, 20 people a piece).

A couple days after the interview, I was asked to attend another interview with a smaller group. The interview took place last week; almost a month after receiving this phone call! This interview was more Q&A based and they asked questions about our experiences with Apple retail, and other work experiences. The interview only took about 40 minutes, and they told us that from here on, we're either going to hire you, ask for another interview, or place you in the "pipeline" for future a future hiring (basically a nice way of saying that you didn't get hired). Well, lets just say that i'm in that pipeline, which I found disappointing because I poured my heart into these interviews.

Interview Question – Scenario: You're dealing with an angry customer who was waiting for help for the past 20 minutes and is causing a commotion. She claims that she'll just walk over to Best Buy or the Microsoft Store to get the computer she wants. Resolve this issue.   View Answer

Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2009.

Interview Details – Starts off with an introductory video to show off Apple.

when the process begins, they break everyone up into small groups of 5-6. They move you to different stations around the room where 1 or 2 people are waiting to ask questions, or give you an activity.

You move through out the room like a speed dating game.

By the end of the speed rounds, they assign your group to produce a skit.

Following the skit, they thank you for coming out and tell us they will email us with the decision.

Interview Questions