Apple

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – The entire face to face interview was focused on customer service and customer experience rather than technical knowledge.They did have me take a test for the tech stuff but they mainly wanted to see how I would react to different customer issues and scenarios. It was obvious that they would rather an empathetic tech guy than a know it all.

Interview Question – How would you tell a customer that their hard drive is fried and there is no way to recover any of the data?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied about three months ago and just got an email about two weeks ago. I was asked some pretty slandered questions, then asked to set up a phone call. During the call I was asked questions about me, and my work history. Then I was given a choice to answer questions about a Mac, or a PC. I Know more about the PC, but I choose Mac because I wanted challenge. The questions were pretty easy, mostly about diagnostics, a couple of mobile device questions were thrown in there. I was then told that all went good, and I would receive a email next week. Early Monday morning I got an email from another recruitment manager who asked for another phone interview, I set that up for Wednesday morning, hopefully all goes well. I am not really sure what the position entails in reality, I read the description, but I know these things are always different when you actually work there. I assume that the tech's (genius's) are split into categories like: Mobile, iMac, and Macbook. I am not sure also about the pay, I have heard many different things, but it seems pretty low to me, although I am sure that it is DOE. Oh well I am not really banking too much on it, if I get an offer, great. If not I am not too concern, I figure that it is worth checking out though, they seem like a neat company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What would you use the VERBOS command for   View Answers (2)
  • What would you tell a customer who brought in a iPod shuffle and they were having issues with the voice commands?   View Answer

South Bend, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – I arrived 15 minutes early to find most of the other applicants already there. I found the Apple employee taking names and giving out name tags and waited for the interview to start. We walked in to loud music, clapping, and cheering. It really is an event.

We spent time establishing ground rules and expectations, which you would do well to participate in. Then we watched a video about Apple, listened to the recruiters explain their positions, and broke up into groups. There wasn't a lot of opportunity to speak during the first part (which lasted at least an hour), so do your best to pay attention to the movie and come up with answers to their questions.

The group portion was different. We broke up into groups of 4-6 and introduced ourselves (What is your name, what superpower do you wish you had, and which position at Apple are you applying for?).

Then we rolled a cube that had questions printed on it and answered one. Finally, we role-played a customer/employee experience for about a minute with one of the recruiters. The one downside here is that they tell you nothing about it, so you are left guessing. (For example, they don't tell you what "product" they are holding in their hands, so you have to ask what would otherwise be obvious questions).

After the group session is over, we sat back at our tables and watched a second movie. Then we spent 10 minutes asking them questions. Once that was finished, we were dismissed. They told us they would contact us by the end of the week.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2010.

Interview Details – Went to some nice hotel in downtown Houston, next went into a conference room and watched a motivational video about apple with all the other candidates about 20 or so. Next went downstairs and we were split up in groups. Each group was given a product and our job was to act like we were working at the store trying to sell the product or give information about and ask questions. After this the process was over.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over other candidates?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – Went to the Seminar with about 30 others. We watched videos on Apple as a company, and discussed our uses of Apple products. Age ranged from college students to a man in his 50s. You pair up, interview your partner, and then present them to the group

Interview Question – Describe a time you exceeded the expectations of your employer.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initially they wanted a phone interview, but when I called to arrange a time, they decided to skip forward and arrange 1:! interview. Typical questions. They seemed interested in my interpersonal skills and experience helping clients out one on one and highly suggested a part-time position, Family Room Specialist, wherein I would've helped out users with iPhones and iPods.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about an experience in the past where you had a difficult client and how did you deal with the issue?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – The Apple recruiter called me. We spoke for an hour. In that time, I was asked two different sets of questions, one for Macintosh computers, another for PCs. The Macintosh based questions were more focused towards operating system questions, along with a couple of questions about RSS feeds and how to prevent ESD (Electro Static Discharge...ie static shock). The PC questions were more "hard hitting" so to speak, and generally were not put well. All questions were multiple (guess) choice, assumed knowledge of random computer acronyms, and the recruiter had absolutely no idea what she was talking about. The questions were absolutely inappropriate for the job and quite frankly, I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to work for the company after going through the process. I love fixing computers, have two years experience working on both PCs & Macs in a corporate environment, and Apple wouldn't give me the light of day to put another tech on the other end of the line. When I asked the interviewer what she thought about the new Intel chipsets, I swear I heard crickets start chirping. Screw them. The interview could have been done in 1/4 the time, I could have communicated 5X more about myself, and I would have at least been given a second interview. All I wanted to do was fix Apple computers to get my Apple certification for free. That way I could start my own computer repair business as an Apple certified tech. Whatever. I realize I'm bitter, but not unjustifiably so...

BIG TIP: be on an Apple computer when talking on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Which of these is not an option in the security panel for Mac OSX?   View Answer
  • What is the best option to prevent ESD?   View Answer

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2010.

Interview Details – applied online

received email to set up interview
initial one-on-one interview in the mall space outside the store
discussed my general background experience,
answered questions about specific technical repair experience
some details of the interviewers past experience with Apple were discussed
cheerful, friendly mood

follow-up group interview in the same area a few days later with a table full of other candidates
each introduced self
some questions anyone could answer, some question all were expected to answer
took about 1/2 hour
pleasant, low pressure mood

Interview Question – What new feature should Apple introduce in iLife?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initial perceptions were that Apple is not a normal company; throw what you think you know out of the window, just relax, and bring your technical knowledge to the table. The interviewer and I got to know each other. She seemed very laid back, yet pressed forward at a nice clip. It was a very enjoyable experience, and I remember they asked many technical questions like, define these acronyms: DNS, DSL, iOS4 etc.

Interview Questions

• What Apple products do you own?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you exceeded the expectations of your employer.   View Answer

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online to the Apple store and within a couple of days I received an email inviting me to schedule an interview. When I showed up there were about 10 other people applying for other various jobs there. There was about 4 -5 other guys applying for the same position as I was. And I know that there were 2 other sessions held that day. So, the competition was stiff. Anyways, first we partnered up with someone and we had to talk to them to get to know them and then introduce them to the group. Then we watched a video about why Apple was so great. Then we just started answering questions that they asked. This lasted for about an hour because everyone was expected to say something. And this girl took some of my answers before I was able to answer and that just messed me up really bad. Should have been more aggressive but ohh well.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging thing you've had to face in life?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple