Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.5

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The process was very smoothly organized and everyone was polite. They had a call first for ~15 minutes, and then invited me for an onsite interview. There was some miscommunication about scheduling, so at one point I had to wait in the interview room for 45 minutes before the next interviewer showed up. I still haven’t heard back from them one way or the other after about a month.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my master's thesis, which was several years old   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Talked to recruiter on job fair, and was invited to have an interview the next day. Sent me an email to create a personal profile, upload resume, cover letter, etc. Interview with the same recruiter, went straight to technical questions. No behavior questions or go through your resume. Lasted half an hour, never heard back ever since.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Talked to hardware engineer at an on-campus career fair, was asked to do in-person interview on-campus the following day. We mostly talked about my project team work; I think I was pretty confusing and kept jumping between different ideas. After that I sent a thank you note. A week later I got a cryptic email from Apply saying they were circulating my resume among departments. Was never officially rejected.

Interview Questions

• How to remove one transistor from a CMOS inverter in the context of a PCB.   1 Answer
    • Derive the transfer function/ draw the time-domain impulse response of an RC low pass filter.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Got contacted by HR first and arranged a phone interview by engineer manager. I had hard time understand the interviewer's India-English (sorry, no offense). He didn't ask resume experiences. He asked technical questions, no behavior questions. You need to study more fundamental technical knowledge for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I got out of school for quite a while, have to review school texts for the technical questions.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I got an email from LinkedIn asking for my resume. One week late, I got the on phone interview appointment. Only one day to prepare. I was asked some questions about sizing, power. Those questions are very basic, you can find answer in any VLSI book. I wasn't asked anything on my resume.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

There were 2 initial phone screens. The first one is purely technical and is moderately difficult. The second one is technical and behavioral. But that is a tough technical interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and efficiently. It involved a phone screening by the recruiter, two rounds of technical phone interview, and one round of onsite interview. The interview day was well arranged, although it took almost an entire day just like other companies I interviewed. The trip arrangement system is nice, which allows you to pick your flight schedule, your choice of hotel and rental car. Engineers are in general friendly and open-minded. Overall a great experience.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I plan to find some hardware engineer job using hardware description language. I met a member from Apple ipad accessory team at school job fair. They don`t seems to be interested in my verilog skill, but wanna to find someone who knows how to design PCL or something more hardware. So, I don`t even get a chance for further interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was for a duration of about half an hour. The interviewer called on time. As it was for a hardware position , I was mainly asked questions on Digital circuit design.

Interview Questions

• What is a difference in the architecture of a normal and a pipeline processor?   Answer Question
    • How will you implement an and gate using a 2x1 mux?   Answer Question
    • What are the three stages of operation of a transistor   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week or two by a recruiter. The recruiters were very helpful and kind, but I didn't get the same feeling from the team I interviewed with. I had an initial skype interview with my would-be manager, who asked a long series of questions spanning analog design, low-level programming, and DSP (I'm a EE). After the initial interview, I was given a programming assignment to complete on my own and had a follow-up interview with the group manager. Both engineers I spoke to were very short and gave me the feeling that they didn't have time to talk to me. After multiple interviews, I was given a very gentle "no" by the recruiter.