Apple

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.6

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

I was referred by a friend. Got contacted by HR first and arranged a phone interview by engineer manager. I had hard time understand the interviewer's India-English (sorry, no offense). He didn't ask resume experiences. He asked technical questions, no behavior questions. You need to study more fundamental technical knowledge for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • I got out of school for quite a while, have to review school texts for the technical questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Hardware Engineer Interview

I got an email from LinkedIn asking for my resume. One week late, I got the on phone interview appointment. Only one day to prepare. I was asked some questions about sizing, power. Those questions are very basic, you can find answer in any VLSI book. I wasn't asked anything on my resume.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

There were 2 initial phone screens. The first one is purely technical and is moderately difficult. The second one is technical and behavioral. But that is a tough technical interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

I plan to find some hardware engineer job using hardware description language. I met a member from Apple ipad accessory team at school job fair. They don`t seems to be interested in my verilog skill, but wanna to find someone who knows how to design PCL or something more hardware. So, I don`t even get a chance for further interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

The interview process went smoothly and efficiently. It involved a phone screening by the recruiter, two rounds of technical phone interview, and one round of onsite interview. The interview day was well arranged, although it took almost an entire day just like other companies I interviewed. The trip arrangement system is nice, which allows you to pick your flight schedule, your choice of hotel and rental car. Engineers are in general friendly and open-minded. Overall a great experience.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Met with recruiter at the career fair, who called a mechanical engineer over and we chatted for a bit about design and manufacturing operations. He asked if we could meet later in the afternoon, to which I replied yes, and a few hours later I was in a full fledged interview. I presented on my projects and was then asked technical questions. It's been a bit over a week, waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Draw shear/bending moment diagram. What is a material that is much stronger in compression than in tension?   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a week or two by a recruiter. The recruiters were very helpful and kind, but I didn't get the same feeling from the team I interviewed with. I had an initial skype interview with my would-be manager, who asked a long series of questions spanning analog design, low-level programming, and DSP (I'm a EE). After the initial interview, I was given a programming assignment to complete on my own and had a follow-up interview with the group manager. Both engineers I spoke to were very short and gave me the feeling that they didn't have time to talk to me. After multiple interviews, I was given a very gentle "no" by the recruiter.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online and HR reached me out. First interview was with HR to see where I stand. Then an engineer from the department interviewed asking more technical questions related to resume. It was followed by a more technical interview where I was asked to write down circuit questions and solve/explain. I was then given a 24-hour assignment which included a design/business questions and 4 pretty difficult circuit questions. It was followed by 2 more phone interviews by s different engineer and engineering manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a 24-hour assignment for opamps. Questions are confidential.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Quick-paced. Some interviewers were more respectful than others. Overall a good experience to be able to interview with some of the brightest engineers in industry.

Interview Questions
    • Why is there a null for a dipole antenna along its vertical axis?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

I had three separate phone interviews, each of which lasted about 45 minutes to 1 hour. In all three interviews, I was asked about my resume briefly and then they proceeded to ask more technical questions. The questions were a mix of software questions (reversing a linked list, converting a string "145" into its integer equivalent using ASCII, etc.) and hardware questions (how to make a gate from transistors, how to implement a Q-Flip Flop from a D-Flip Flop, making amplifiers out of certain components, etc.). I was contacted a week after my third interview with an offer (internship).

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had to how to implement a Q-Flip Flop from a D-Flip Flop. Basically, it involved using 2 DFFs (or more if you wanted).   Answer Question