Apple

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2012.

I've interviewed on two separate occasions for hardware positions with Apple. Most (but not all) of the interviewers are nice enough. First interview had circuit design questions, the second did not. Both interviews were divided into several 1 on 1 interviews, 30 minutes each. If you're not selected (which I wasn't) they just leave you hanging. At first I thought it was just an lazy recruiter, but the second time it happened I realized that it must be a policy to not contact you or respond in any way if you are not chosen. Not a way to leave a good impression; after wasting time with them on the phone multiple times and taking time off to interview in person with them I don't think it is too much to ask for a form email letter to let you know you weren't selected (if their competitors can do it, I think Apple can as well). I doubt I will bother to interview with them again.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

I was scheduled for an onsite interview on Oct 30th. After I have booked the hotel and flight, they told me the interviewers were not available for that day and they wanted me to do it the week after. In the next week, I was informed they wanted to change the schedule again. The interview finally happend 3 weeks later but the recruiter won't tell me in which building I will be interviewed until the night before the interview. You know what? No body showed up after 20mins of the scheduled time, and I got a calling saying they want to switch the interview to another building. Fine. I final see the first interviewer. After talking to him, I waited more than 40mins for the 2nd interviewer. No interviewer is on time and they are RUDE... Apple might be a good place for work but please be respectful to the interviewees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in October 2011.

First phone interview, then a 24 hour assignment, then on-site interview with about 10 different managers. Received and accepted offer about a week after interview.
    Interview questions were very technical and consisted of solving problems live on whiteboard.
    Don't let a bad interview ruin your recruiting process: I believe I blew a couple of interviews but was pretty good on others. I felt like 5 good interviews versus 3 bad ones and I got the job. Just stay polite and answer the questions as good as you can. Tell the interviewers how you think, I believe that's more important than if you solve all the problems correctly. Think structured and pay attention to detail!

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Interview was very professionally organized, Apple HR knows what they are doing. The recruiter was your usual salesperson, trying to convince you to join.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Gave apple my resume during a career fair at campus career fair. Got an email asking to schedule for an interview bout a week later. The phone interview lasted for bout half an hour, interviewer were nice and generally asked stuff on my resume. i thought it went well, still waiting on the offer he said would come bout 2-3 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • If a cap is added at the base of a BJT(common emitter), how does it change the function of the BJT.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2010.

The interview process begins with several 30 mins technical phone interviews first (No HR phone screen for my case), the phone interviews are just basic technical background review and simply text-book questions. Hours later, they invited me to do an on-site interview in Cupertino. It is much harder than I expected.
    The on-site interview consisted of 15 people 1:1, each of them has 30mins, from 10am-6pm non-stop with a lunch interview in 12. Each interviewer has different backgrounds so their questions could be very hard at some time.

Just in my point of view,
    1. Don't wing it. If you don't know just say no. You can imagine like 15 guys ask you question from every sides of technical background, you would probably need 3 phd to answer them all correctly. So just be honest and they will really appreciate that. I missed a lot of questions, and some of them I have totally no idea of, all I did is tell them I don't know and show the potential to learn.
    2. Pay attention to detail. That's very important. Be well prepared for your presentation and materials if they interested. Try your best to show them how much you focused on details. Get yourself some extra copies of those printed materials and bind them neatly.
    3. It is all about communications. The communication in an on-site interview is even important than technical part. They want to know who you really are and whether you are good to deal with in the future if they really want you. So when you past the 1st round interview already, be smart and ALWAYS show your good altitude. Keep smile at all time.
    I got the unofficial offer hours later. The interview process overall is positive and all the interviewers are very nice. They shown their enthusiasm about their job during the interview.
    Hope this helps and good luck.

Interview Questions
    I have no other offers on hand, so accepted this offer with no conditions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Talks are so exciting, and I got 4 rounds phone interviews. Three of them is from an engineering position, and the last is from the hiring manager. The mood is smooth, but technical talks in depth. They said I will more fit to another team, and send my resume to the teams.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Gave my resume and talking to an Engineer at my university's career fair. Was contacted
    a couple weeks later for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just really detailed questions on the hardware of Macs.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

I had 1 phone interview. We mostly talked about my research.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in April 2011.

Submitted resume online and got an email from recruiter for an on campus interview. Its about 45 mins long. Asked about your background and projects. Couple technical question regarding computer architecture and digital circuit. The guy was really cool and laid back. He asked if I had experience with verification tools/software and why I want to work for Apple.
    He was really passionate about his job and was very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about cache coherent, FSM, design trade offs, and verilog.   Answer Question