Apple

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mac Genius Interview

Mac Genius
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three different interviews, if you apply externally, you require a panel interview.

Interview Question – Why Apple?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very flexible

Apple At-Home Adviosr Interview

Houston, TX

I interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – No offer. 1st I attended a virtual information session followed by skype interview.The person was jolly by attitude. He started with a virtual handshake(it sound weird but we actually did that) followed by concise introduction of the company and the position for which I had applied and gave the interview.After that, he started with the interview questions.The skype interview lasted for 45 minutes.

Interview Question – If you a receiver a customer who is facing some issue in a device of which you have no prior knowledge   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Family Room Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was painful -- it took 3 months to go through all 9 interviews for a job that only paid $11/hour. I gave them feedback on this and was blown off. Do not apply for this job if you need it right away.

You will be asked stock questions ("Tell me about your greatest strength/weakness") but nothing particularly insightful. You don't have to have a degree or outside knowledge of the products.

Interview Question – Everything is pretty standard. In fact, I often felt like the interviewing managers were not listening to me as it was rarely a conversation about my answers so much as them just moving on to the next one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. I was given a contract and told to sign.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview took place in a group scenario. They where focused on group settings. Really out to look for those who stand out for their unique/personality as well as customer service skills and real life experiences. After that, it took about 5-10 days to hear back and get an offer of employment

Interview Question – What are your expectations of this role if you get this position?   Answer Question

At Home Advisor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by email and phone a month after I applied. I was sent an email with a survey asking about if I could attend training on a certain day, agree to a certain pay rate, and do what I needed to do to meet the at home office requirements. I had a total of two interviews done over the phone, and the process was about a month long. They tell you at the first contact when training will start if you are selected. The process was very competitive and stressful.

Interview Question – What is Bluetooth?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was initially offered a very nice rate of pay for the area I live in. When I got the call for the official job offer, they offered me a dollar more per hour. I was very thrilled and accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in August 2012.

Interview Details – For starters you have this big interview with the specialist and workers that work there it's basically a personality test whether they like you or not. Once you have that interview yhou move on to the face to face which is more in depth to your work background.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations.

Very Difficult Interview

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – First was a group hiring event, then it was 4 solo interviews with different levels of management.

Back of House Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in January 2009.

Interview Details – I had to meet with 3 seperate managers and 1 Department head to get hired into this position. And that was having worked there for 1.5 years before. The interviews styles changed from person to person. The first manager was rather nice and made me seem like I was better suited for this position. The second lead me to believe I'd be joining as the weakest link and stressed how much each person works in this team. The third manager (store manager) was there to review why I'd left Apple before and why I was returning. Finally the Department lead was confused that I was even having to talk with her.

Interview Question – The questions were about honesty and trust. They were straight forward. They did ask which dinosaur I wanted to be....   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Set hiring rates, non-negotiable.

Friendswood, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application at the request of a friend that worked there. I was called back by the hiring manager and she set an interview time where I would interview with her. The first interview was with the hiring manager in the office. She asked me to name all the different types of iPods and what they are capable of doing. She also asked me about strengths and weaknesses and discussed the pay, hours and responsibilities with me. The next day I was called again and I met with the Store Leader. The second interview was with the Store Leader in the mall. He asked me only a couple of questions, mainly talked about his "vision" and Apple culture.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were point blank questions about the iPod line, I knew most of the model names, functions and features but it did surprise me. Also you there will probably be questions about the keys to good customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation room. This was a time when jobs were very hard to come by, I asked for more money but was told I was at the top of what they could pay a part time specialist.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – So most people know about the hiring seminars that Apple has. There's this big song and dance about how great Apple is and everything. There were around 15 people in my particular group. We watched and listened to presentations. Some of the presenters asked questions like, "What things did we notice or what stood out in the presentation?" or just weird factual questions about when the first mac was sold(1986), when did the first retail store open(2001), when did certain apple products premiere, etc.

Then we broke off into panel interviews that did not last very long at all. I interviewed w/ another candidate and two store leaders. One was quite pleasant and the other was definitely not. He didn't seem very pleased with me or the other candidate being interviewed. He seemed incredibly uninterested in what I was saying. He was talking over me when I was trying to explain myself and he lectured me and the other candidate because I guess we didn't do proper research of apple and supposedly "they are hiring for careers, not jobs". He seemed dissatisfied that me and the other candidate did research on product info and customer/employee experiences with Apple. I have no idea what kind of research he expected us to do. Its a retail JOB. With an incredible turnover rate. Career? Please. The 2nd interviewer that I had was one of the rare few that worked his way up to a high position and of course was the more pleasant of the two. He seemed to sympathize and wasn't so overbearing and critical like the other guy.

The interview questions were: Why do you want to work at apple?, What kind of research did you do about Apple to prepare for today?, Tell us about a time where you dealt w/ a customer and they had unrealistic expectations of you. Be specific and talk about the outcome., What questions did you have for us?

And that was it. Didn't even last an hour. I read a lot of the interview reviews here to see what was up before I went and I was surprised that this seminar was so lacking compared to others. Maybe they are just incredibly lazy recruiters in this particular market.

I'd just suggest to talk more when given prompts and don't let stuck up upper level management intimidate you. I let this happen and it just ruined my interview. I guess its true what people have been saying about Apple management.

Interview Question – What kind of research did you do to prepare for your interview with Apple today?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.