Apple

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

Went in to work on my Mac, hit it off with the genius pretty well, showed my knowledge of computers through the conversation (generally unnecessary but helpful in relating to him), asked about work life in Apple retail- let HIM bring up getting started in applying, got his card- (got his reference).

Applied online, hand delivered my resume.

Two interviews... one more today.

I'll finish this once I finish this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone pushed your buttons continuously- and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online, I received an email inviting me to the Hiring event. The earlier reviews are pretty much dead on. There were about 30 individuals. The team introduced themselves, they were representatives from the 6 stores around town. After that, we were asked to introduce ourselves one by one, we were asked to say our names and a fun fact. Then they had a presentation showcasing the stores and the many positions, after each video, they asked questions, all the representatives (except for the presenter) are in the back taking notes and about the people answering the questions. Then they broke us into groups of 4-5 people. Then the representative passes an iPad each person takes a turn answering a question and passes it to the next, they're mostly behavioral questions though I got a technical as well (not relating to apple products). Each of us answered 3 questions each. At the end representative asked a general question and each took turns answering it. Then you get a chance to ask the representative a question. Then the groups break up and return to the previous setting, a representative gives the closing statements and then we were dismissed.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Have been applying for years and finally got a call. Interview was about 45 min and they really just want to see what kind of person you are. They want outgoing and friendly. Sales or tech knowledge means nothing only people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me a time when you took a bad situation and made it great.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

This position took me 7 years of countless rejections from Apple to finally receive an offer, and I'm excited to finally share the story with you.

When I received the first email of being invited to interview with Apple I was not expecting it whatsoever, because it had been well over a year since I had updated any of my profile information. I was excited nonetheless! The email included a link of the interview schedule and I was able to select an interview date that was best for me. When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by 2 others applying for the same position, a Store Manager and a Business Leader. The interview consisted of scenario and behavioral type questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour and at the end we were told we'd receive a response within a week. I received an email response in 3 days with an invitation for a second interview!

The second group interview was very similar to the first, but instead of interviewing with two managers it was with one Store Leader. Same questions and process. Got an email response the same day with an invitation for the final interview!

The third and final group interview was a bit different from the first two, but in a good way! The interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely relaxed. I interviewed with the Market Leader and a different Store Leader, and neither one even mentioned anything about my resume. Instead, they tried to connect with me in a personal level and asked about my passions and views on Apple. I interviewed on a Friday and got a callback that Monday afternoon with an offer!

The best advice I can give when interviewing with Apple is to always stay positive when giving a response back to an interview question. Be direct and articulate your words, and make it fun! It took me over 15 separate interview attempts and a very long time to finally receive an offer. Don't let rejections stop you from pursing Apple if it's something you truly want to experience.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The hiring process was rather quick for myself, however I have seen the process take a while for many others as well. It is incredibly difficult to get into the job if you don't fit the current culture of that store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out, but if I had to choose one it would be, How long do you plan to be with the company?   Answer Question
    I was unemployed at the time, and just happy to work, but the compensation was already better than most spots I applied at, so no negotiation needed

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I went into an Apple store to get a replacement iPhone. I end up persuading a customer to purchase a $100 case and she went and told one of the Apple reps. They come to me get my email and send me a link to upload my resume(April/23). I get a call from the hiring manager and he tells me he would like to set me up with an interview on the following Tuesday. The interview goes well, I leave with so much excitement built up. Later on that day, I get another phone call from the same manager asking me to come in again the next tuesday and an email to update my employee profile. So the following tuesday is my 2nd interview, really fun and laid back. I enjoyed the talk and the person! After that interview, I leave thinking that I would have gotten told something, but no. Later that day I get an email to perform a background check, and another call to setup my last interview on the upcoming Thursday. This meeting was with the store lead and market manager, two awesome guys. I enjoyed the fellowship with them. After this final interview I go home and wait.......... all weekend and finally get a call on Tuesday 5/21 with my offer. I was so excited. Apple is such a great company and I can't wait to get started. And this was all typed up on my iPhone, btw. ;)

Interview Questions
    • A time where I had to openly confront someone or a situation in a workplace, and how did I handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just what I was anticipating. God is so good!

Apple At-Home Adviosr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

No offer. 1st I attended a virtual information session followed by skype interview.The person was jolly by attitude. He started with a virtual handshake(it sound weird but we actually did that) followed by concise introduction of the company and the position for which I had applied and gave the interview.After that, he started with the interview questions.The skype interview lasted for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • If you a receiver a customer who is facing some issue in a device of which you have no prior knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

First was a group hiring event, then it was 4 solo interviews with different levels of management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in August 2012.

For starters you have this big interview with the specialist and workers that work there it's basically a personality test whether they like you or not. Once you have that interview yhou move on to the face to face which is more in depth to your work background.

Interview Questions
    there were no negotiations.

At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2012.

I was first contacted by email and phone a month after I applied. I was sent an email with a survey asking about if I could attend training on a certain day, agree to a certain pay rate, and do what I needed to do to meet the at home office requirements. I had a total of two interviews done over the phone, and the process was about a month long. They tell you at the first contact when training will start if you are selected. The process was very competitive and stressful.

Interview Questions
    I was initially offered a very nice rate of pay for the area I live in. When I got the call for the official job offer, they offered me a dollar more per hour. I was very thrilled and accepted.