Apple

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Submitted resume... interview process ran through a recruiter.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – the recruiters think too much of themselves and if you don't answer what they think, you are a failure. they treat people very poor

Interview Question – write the job description.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me to set a phone screen, which we had. I was invited to interview w/the hiring manager- and then invited back for a 2nd round.I met 5 other people. The recruiter told me she would let me know by the end of the week, but never called. I emailed and then called her a day later. She said they were making a final decision between me and 1 other candidate would calle by the end of the day. Never called. Emailed me the week later and said they offered to the other candidate and she would call me to discuss in person..and I was a good fit. She never called. Unfortunate that the whole interview experience was ruined at the end by the recruiters poor behavior. Just call it what it is, don't play games w/candidates. Certainly would welcome the opportunity to work at Apple, but your company is NOT the only company there is. Treat candidates with respect and show some professionalism, as the first face of the company- recruiters need to be more professional.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long and drawn out. I spoke with them for over 6 months for a total of 7 interviews, 5 were by telephone.and 2 of the interviews were in person. Each step of the way I was told that my background was excellent and I was a top candidate. However, I found that I had to be very aggressive in order to get any feedback after each interview. Finally, after all of this, I was told that I was not a "fit". I did some investigating with several other contacts and friends who are over 40 and applied for positions with Apple Retail. Each were told the same thing. The phone interviews go very well if your credentials and experience are there, as expected. However, when you show up for a person to person interview, if you even look over 40, just call it a day as it seems you are not a "fit".

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your experience with union avoidance in a retail environment.   Answer Question
  • If you have a disagreement with a business partner, how will you resolve the issues and move forward?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Interview Details – They called and asked for an interview on the spot, but I had another phone interview in 15 minutes so i had to reschedule. When I did talk to them, they seems very nice and relax and even asked me what my favorite apple product was. I thought the interview went pretty well, but they never called back, not even to tell me how the process was going or anything.

Interview Question – What customer service experience do you have? Can you name an incident where you had to deal a customer that was not satisfied with your product?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contact with Apple recruiters and hiring manager was a good experience; they were very personable and professional. I interacted with them for over 3 months on an "exploratory" basis. When a position did become available, I met with hiring manager. Each and every interaction was extremely friendly, approachable, caring." From a skill set, I certainly had what they were looking for. From a "fit" standpoint, I felt that I fit right into a culture of "doing what is right for the people, to bring the best in each individual." However, when faced with the Operations leader, what they call "Market Leader," the experience turned 360. This "kid in blue jeans" was condescending as if his "s..." didn't stink. During the interview, interjected with sarcastic assumptions alluding to poor performance or laziness. I'm a professional with over 15 years of experience, he probably had 5-7 total workforce experience. It was very sad and needless to say my interview with him was the my last and end of my interaction with Apple. It was clear that he and I did not mesh! All scheduled steps were immediately cancelled.

One thing is that during a panel or one-on-one interview we don't feel the right fit, either party. Another thing is that the interviewer grossly degrades/disrespects interviewee, taking advantage of the state of mind of some unemployed who are living in the highest unemployment / recession environment ever! Interview with Apple "Market Leader" left me with such a bad impression of the Company, a Company that I had only dreamed of being part of!! In talking to others, it seems that this is the trend, leaders mistreating non-exempts and selected exempts to the point that they feel abused by Apple leadership team as if they need to "take it or leave!"

What a shame, I didn't expect that from Apple...but it's very evident that they are very cocky with Apple's success!!

Interview Question – Follow up questions; alluding to one being lazy or dishonesty?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Human Resources interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.