Apple

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.5

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Received call from recruiter. Phone screen with hiring manager followed rather quickly. I met on-site for in person interviews in two weeks.

None of the interview questions were behavioral - in fact all of the conversations were just that, conversations. This can be misleading as most people prepare for direct questions related to their experience and not general questions that seem more like "get to know you questions." Tell me about yourself and what do you do... They should be more upfront with their approach to interviewing so that candidates can adequately prepare for the type of interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

it was great. Very specific questions asked about HR background. also asked about past experiences in detail. e prepared with questions about ur experience and projects you have done. If you are a manager outside u will get a non manager position at APple

did not negotiate as they have so many other applicants waiting to join u either accept it or leave it.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Lengthy and thorough process. Very culture focused to ensure candidates find the right group to work with where everyone will be most successful. Multiple interviews are held with the existing team members. This allows the candidate a great opportunity to meet potential peers and ask many questions. Everyone was very open and honest during the process and was available via email for follow up questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary difficult or unexpected. Most "difficult" was the need to provide multiple examples of work done in the past but this was not unexpected. Candidates should have ample examples to illustrate their work.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I was promptly contacted by the hiring manager then scheduled for in-person interviews with the team. They were all very insightful, interesting, and upbeat. I wanted to join their team ASAP!

Interview Questions
    • They asked normal, relevant HR questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    It was a great offer so no negotiation was needed.

Human Resources Interview

Submitted resume... interview process ran through a recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in May 2012.

the recruiters think too much of themselves and if you don't answer what they think, you are a failure. they treat people very poor

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Recruiter called me to set a phone screen, which we had. I was invited to interview w/the hiring manager- and then invited back for a 2nd round.I met 5 other people. The recruiter told me she would let me know by the end of the week, but never called. I emailed and then called her a day later. She said they were making a final decision between me and 1 other candidate would calle by the end of the day. Never called. Emailed me the week later and said they offered to the other candidate and she would call me to discuss in person..and I was a good fit. She never called. Unfortunate that the whole interview experience was ruined at the end by the recruiters poor behavior. Just call it what it is, don't play games w/candidates. Certainly would welcome the opportunity to work at Apple, but your company is NOT the only company there is. Treat candidates with respect and show some professionalism, as the first face of the company- recruiters need to be more professional.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in March 2012.

The interview process was very long and drawn out. I spoke with them for over 6 months for a total of 7 interviews, 5 were by telephone.and 2 of the interviews were in person. Each step of the way I was told that my background was excellent and I was a top candidate. However, I found that I had to be very aggressive in order to get any feedback after each interview. Finally, after all of this, I was told that I was not a "fit". I did some investigating with several other contacts and friends who are over 40 and applied for positions with Apple Retail. Each were told the same thing. The phone interviews go very well if your credentials and experience are there, as expected. However, when you show up for a person to person interview, if you even look over 40, just call it a day as it seems you are not a "fit".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about your experience with union avoidance in a retail environment.   Answer Question
    • If you have a disagreement with a business partner, how will you resolve the issues and move forward?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in October 2011.

They called and asked for an interview on the spot, but I had another phone interview in 15 minutes so i had to reschedule. When I did talk to them, they seems very nice and relax and even asked me what my favorite apple product was. I thought the interview went pretty well, but they never called back, not even to tell me how the process was going or anything.

Interview Questions
    • What customer service experience do you have? Can you name an incident where you had to deal a customer that was not satisfied with your product?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Initially contact with Apple recruiters and hiring manager was a good experience; they were very personable and professional. I interacted with them for over 3 months on an "exploratory" basis. When a position did become available, I met with hiring manager. Each and every interaction was extremely friendly, approachable, caring." From a skill set, I certainly had what they were looking for. From a "fit" standpoint, I felt that I fit right into a culture of "doing what is right for the people, to bring the best in each individual." However, when faced with the Operations leader, what they call "Market Leader," the experience turned 360. This "kid in blue jeans" was condescending as if his "s..." didn't stink. During the interview, interjected with sarcastic assumptions alluding to poor performance or laziness. I'm a professional with over 15 years of experience, he probably had 5-7 total workforce experience. It was very sad and needless to say my interview with him was the my last and end of my interaction with Apple. It was clear that he and I did not mesh! All scheduled steps were immediately cancelled.

One thing is that during a panel or one-on-one interview we don't feel the right fit, either party. Another thing is that the interviewer grossly degrades/disrespects interviewee, taking advantage of the state of mind of some unemployed who are living in the highest unemployment / recession environment ever! Interview with Apple "Market Leader" left me with such a bad impression of the Company, a Company that I had only dreamed of being part of!! In talking to others, it seems that this is the trend, leaders mistreating non-exempts and selected exempts to the point that they feel abused by Apple leadership team as if they need to "take it or leave!"

What a shame, I didn't expect that from Apple...but it's very evident that they are very cocky with Apple's success!!

Interview Questions
    • Follow up questions; alluding to one being lazy or dishonesty?   View Answer