Apple

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2009.

Extremely technical interview, with questions on transistor design and application. Also asked in-depth questions on digital logic design and VLSI. I personally think asking extremely technical questions on the phone is ridiculous, especially if you don't have the question and figures in front of you. If you are an Electrical or Computer Engineering student seeking an internship, make sure you understand ALL of your core-level classes like Electromagnetism, Digital Logics, Electronics, and basic Programming.

Interview Questions
  • What courses pertaining to transistor design have you taken?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2010.

The interview process took a very very long time for the position, which was the 2 year internship which would basically make you an assistant manager of the store. From what I gathered was that they were basically looking to fill in-store specialist spots and generally after working in the same store for 2 years if you are motivated you can become a general manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go above and beyond to make the guests in the store feel welcomed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2010.

I went through a series of 4 phone interviews.
    I was asked very specific case questions on Supply Chain (Applecare - Global Commodity management was the group) and very few behavioral questions.
    I first interviewed with what would become my hiring manager, then with another manager. Third interview was with a director and the fourth with what would become my peers.
    After the first interview I waited for about a week but I was told right away I would get a second interview. Between the second and the third it was a matter of 2 days. Fourth interview was more a formality.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know your University. Tell me about its Supply Chain Curriculum.   Answer Question
    • Imagine to have 2 warehouses, one on the east coast and one on the west coast. Imagine you consolidate into a central one. You'd expect safety stock inventory to go down but for some reason it goes up. Can you tell me what could have happened?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for an internship

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2011.

I was first contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager of a predetermined team. After the initial phone screen which consisted of an overview of the position in question and a discussion of my experience and skill set, a phone interview was scheduled with another developer. This interview consisted of more in depth discussion of programming topics as well as problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three data structures in Perl?   View Answer

I chose to accept an offer at a competing company.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2010.

100% technical interview

interviewed with a programming question, nothing about circuits

uninterested in anything else

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

I had applied with an interest in OS development. They gave me an interview for the App Engineering division because I had experience with iOS. The interviewer was brusque and asked me a lot of questions about libraries I had never used.

Interview Questions
    • None in particular, just a lot of nitty gritty details about designing apps.   Answer Question

Interns Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2013.

all telephonic interviews.
    Basis Linked List, Trees, Hashing, Arrays.
    1) Reverse Linked list
    2) Design your own hash function
    3) Arrays Vs Hash
    4) Generics in Java
    5) Write code to print all factors of a given number

Do crack the coding interview, you can clear these interviews.
    Show how much you are passionate about Apple products.

Interview Questions
    • noting special.. just passion about apple products
      1) How multi touch works ?

Answer Question
    nothing

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

I had 2 technical phone interviews. There was about a week between them, and I heard back within 3 days that I got a 2nd interview. They stuck to the time allotted for the interview, although the first one went over a little. They are very nice, and even if you don't get the job, it is an interesting set of questions to answer, and you get a glimpse into what working at Apple would be like, so I enjoyed the interviews even before I got the offer. Once they decided I got the job, I got an unofficial email, and then a week later I got the actual offer followed by a physical letter in the mail the next day. Getting the physical letter is really exciting, and it is very well designed like any Apple product.

Interview Questions
    • What is the material of the back of the iPhone. How do you know?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Met them at the career fair; they took a good look at my resume and offered an interview after a lengthy chat. Interview process started in-person with abstract questions, pattern recognizing activities (perhaps to measure problem solving skills), followed by more technical questions. They gave me a phone call interview after (which is not customary of the other intern positions I had applied for),and got the job two months after the call.