Apple

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.1

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

I had 2 technical phone interviews. There was about a week between them, and I heard back within 3 days that I got a 2nd interview. They stuck to the time allotted for the interview, although the first one went over a little. They are very nice, and even if you don't get the job, it is an interesting set of questions to answer, and you get a glimpse into what working at Apple would be like, so I enjoyed the interviews even before I got the offer. Once they decided I got the job, I got an unofficial email, and then a week later I got the actual offer followed by a physical letter in the mail the next day. Getting the physical letter is really exciting, and it is very well designed like any Apple product.

Interview Questions
  • What is the material of the back of the iPhone. How do you know?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in September 2014.

I was interview by a member of the Interactive design team for a position they had for a Interface developer / programmer.
    The interviewer from the start informed me that this was not a technical interview but a more design based interview with another technical interview to come.
    The questions were pretty standard with stress on the size of the team you had worked on before you applied to apple.
    More importantly since it was a design position the interviewer focused on the thought process you followed to come up with some solutions, etc.
    One important quality she said I possessed was that I has the ability to explain technical decisions with a top down approach giving a foreground before explaining.

Interview Questions
    • If you have two cars starting at two blocks A and B. If they both start with the same speed and the same instructions set is executed by both the cars. Write the instruction set to make the cars collide.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online. Got an initial informal phone call and a second phone call from a guy from the team. The questions were based on work experience and interest in the role. I really liked the interview. It was informal enough to not be dull and also they asked interesting questions instead of the usual boring ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Met them at the career fair; they took a good look at my resume and offered an interview after a lengthy chat. Interview process started in-person with abstract questions, pattern recognizing activities (perhaps to measure problem solving skills), followed by more technical questions. They gave me a phone call interview after (which is not customary of the other intern positions I had applied for),and got the job two months after the call.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I was contacted after meeting the one of the teams after an infosession. I got a email asking me for my availabilities by an HR rep. I had two rounds of interview, one rather easy and mostly just personality, and another technical, 30 minutes. Got called about being a finialist, but didn't hear back.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Apple in April 2013.

Applied online, and went through three rounds of phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of them are difficult. The first two engineers went through the projects in my resume, and then the manager asked me to do some simple calculations about basic CMOS questions. All questions are not difficult, but you need to give quick response because they assume you are quite familiar with those basic concepts.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

I was recommended by a professor to interview for Apple. The school handled all scheduling for the interview which happened on campus.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was regarding a Signal Analyzer and how it worked/what it did.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

The questions were all very straight forward. They asked me about projects that I've worked on and asked me to go in depth on one of them.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I submitted my resume in a school job fair and then got contacted. I did two rounds phone interviews and got the intern offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult. Most questions are related to my research background.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, just took it.