Apple

2,605 Interview Reviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter who had come across my resume on Monster or some other site that I had it on. The position was for the manufacturing group for mobile devices. It wasn't my typical area of expertise as I'm more design focused, but I have an extensive background in manufacturing and machining, so It seemed like a good time to make a change. I had a quick phone call with the recruiter and was asked the standard questions regarding why I was looking for a job, was I willing to relocate, etc. After this brief (10 minute) phone interview, I received an email and scheduled another brief phone interview with another recruiter, then again with a hiring manager.

The conversation with the hiring manager was very technically focused on manufacturing processes, plastics, metals, composites, tooling, machine tools, inspection, surface finishing, treatments, etc. This was about 30 minutes and the manager was a pleasure to talk to. He had a great sense of humor and the conversation although technical, was enjoyable and relaxed.

Following this I received an email and was invited for an on site interview. The Apple travel site takes care of your airfare, hotel, and rental car and is very efficient.

The on site interview was about 5 hours, meeting with someone every 30 minutes. The bulk of the interviews consisted of a bunch of Apple products and pieces being placed in front of me and discussions on how they were produced, tooling to manipulate them, ensuring accuracy, how surface finishes were produced, why things were done a certain way, how I would do them, and so on.

Everyone I met with was light hearted and seemed to have a sense of humor. All incredibly bright individuals and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. All in all it was pretty intense, but if you know your stuff there shouldn't be anything unexpected. I was pleased that they didn't give me any brain teasers or abstract stuff like that. It was all straight to the point and was a good test of my manufacturing knowledge.

My advice to anyone in any interview situation is that if you don't know something, admit it. Don't try and BS your way through, especially in a group like I was in, as they will see through it. If you don't know something, just say so. My plastics experience is limited, so when technical questions about plastics and over molding came into the equation, I was up front and told them I knew about the process and could describe it to them, but had no hands on experience in it.

Also, make sure you can back up every single thing you put on your resume. If you have a lot of fluff in there it's going to come out in the interview process.

Lastly, don't show up empty handed. Bring examples of your work and show them how diverse your skill set is and why they should hire you. It's also a great for you to be able to talk intelligently about all the things you've done and explain your thought process behind them. This is what a lot of people you interview with are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very 'hands on' interview. No BS questions, but know every manufacturing process you can, regardless how abstract. Same goes for surface finishing, treatments, and manufacturing automation. Also Apple does things very differently, cost is second to quality, So where other manufacturers are stamping sheet metal and molding things out of cheap pot metal, Apple is CNC'ing components, has incredibly tight tolerances, and is highly automated.   View Answers (3)
    I initially received an offer from the recruiter verbally outlining my base salary, sign on bonus, relocation package, stock options, etc. They called me a few days later notifying me that the official offer was in the mail via FedEx next day air, and they had increased the base salary and sign on bonus that he had initially given me. It wasn't a massive increase in pay compared to what I was currently making, but it was enough to get me to accept, and was what I expected the job to pay. Certain things seem pretty set from a corporate standpoint (vacation days, stock vesting period, etc.) so I'm not sure how much negotiation room there actually is. Either way, I was happy with the offer they made me, and I accepted.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Initial communications with Apple staff was awesome. They were very polite and allowed me to be me without intimidation. The interview process was very in depth and tested your knowledge not only of technical process but also about customer service skills. It was one of the most nerve wrecking experiences, but the people were an absolute joy!

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They have a 2 or 3 part interview process. Phone interview first as a screening process. They basically just want to make sure you are well spoken and not insane. After the phone interview, if you pass, you will get invited to a hiring event at a retail location or regional office.

Interview Questions
    • "When is a situation when you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it"   Answer Question
    I was offered a 2nd interview, accepted interview

IOS Tier I Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Process took about 3 months. Applied and had a recruiter interview me. After that I interviewed one on one with a manager of the area on Facetime. 3 weeks later I got an offer

Interview Questions
    • The hardest was about Apple products since I did not have much experience.   Answer Question
    I negotiated pay up 50 cents.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Phone interview followed by a group interview followed by a store manger interview. The group interview was the hardest because there were so many people you had to stand out from (answer questions, and volunteer to participate in everything). Also, the attire was casual and a few people who came in sweats were definitely not hired. You don't need to have much technical knowledge, you just have to be able to comfortably speak to people.

Business Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Apple.

The interview process at Apple is thorough and really challenges you to be prepared for the role you want prior to any consideration. The questions are not necessarily narrowed in on particular topics UNLESS you start going down a path which will lead to a poor interview. The more granular the questions become the more likely it is that you are not going to get the role.

I recommend an actions > results style of interview framework. My advice is to tell your story and don't be fake. They will see through this in a heartbeat.

Also, be prepared for multiple interviews and suprise scheduling, participants, etc. due to the nature of the business.

Interview Questions
    • What are you largest opportunities?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through a time when you helped a customer through a difficult process and what that looked like.   Answer Question
    There is almost no room for salary negotiations and they treat this like you are uncommitted to the position. If you like the offer, take it. If you don't, prepare to work elsewhere.

General Group Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

About 30 people gathered at the store. We were shown a variety of videos and asked to pair off with the person next to us for a "get to know each other" introductions. Lastly we split into groups of 5 to trouble shoot an apple product and present to the group what our problem was and how we approached it.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite dish and what is a song that you like that would be considered a guilty pleasure.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

There were 2 interview dates, one being an on-campus behavioral-focused interview and the other being a series of interviews at Apple's HQ conducted by Apple's Finance Development Program analysts and upper-level management. The process was seamless and they even offered transportation (by shuttle) to the Apple campus.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few brainteasers to test critical thinking skills and your ability to respond under pressure   Answer Question

Red Zone Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Apple's interviewing process is a lot different than anyone else's. After you apply on apple.com, and get selected among the thousands and thousands of applications, they will call you and ask you to a hiring event. DON'T wear interview clothes, it's kind of cheesy. They just want to see who you are and what your social skills are. It's very casual. (I suggest nice blue jeans and a nice top.) From there, we played an introduction game called "connection" just to get us acquainted with one another and to loosen us up. About 3 people talked briefly about Apple and then we broke off into smaller groups to do role play scenarios. Just be cool and casual, and don't worry if you're nervous. Everyone else is too! After that, we passed an iPad around and answered some questions. Nothing too intense, again they just want to see the type of person you are. After that, you all go home and await the next call. The next interview I interviewed together with another girl. It was very casual and I didn't feel any pressure at all. Really let your personality come out in these interviews. A couple days later I was called in for my 3rd interview. I talked with the store leader and another manager. I answered questions just like every interview before. Finally, I got a call for the final interview with 3 managers and the hiring supervisor. I was with 2 other people and these questions got a little bit harder, but they never grilled us. It was always a very loving environment. Though it was an extensive process, I liked all of the interviews because if I bombed one I could make it up in another. They take your nervousness into consideration and are very kind. I got a call 2 days later with an offer and began training a week later. I love Apple and all the benefits! It's the best job I've ever had!

Interview Questions
    • What has technology done for you in your life?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to overcome a technical difficulty. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Choose one company or product besides apple that would represent you. Why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to give or receive feedback. How did it go?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

You can only apply through their website. You then are invited to a hiring event. (I was never part of one of those, my interview was nine years ago.) If they like you, a Manager will contact you for a short phone interview, then have you come in for another. They dont really focus on technical knowledge , they teach you that. They focus on learning your personality and seeing how well you can handle customers.

Interview Questions
    • they give yiu a product or service they offer and ask you to run through a customer interaction about it   Answer Question