Apple Interview Questions & Reviews

2,365 interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter who had come across my resume on Monster or some other site that I had it on. The position was for the manufacturing group for mobile devices. It wasn't my typical area of expertise as I'm more design focused, but I have an extensive background in manufacturing and machining, so It seemed like a good time to make a change. I had a quick phone call with the recruiter and was asked the standard questions regarding why I was looking for a job, was I willing to relocate, etc. After this brief (10 minute) phone interview, I received an email and scheduled another brief phone interview with another recruiter, then again with a hiring manager.

The conversation with the hiring manager was very technically focused on manufacturing processes, plastics, metals, composites, tooling, machine tools, inspection, surface finishing, treatments, etc. This was about 30 minutes and the manager was a pleasure to talk to. He had a great sense of humor and the conversation although technical, was enjoyable and relaxed.

Following this I received an email and was invited for an on site interview. The Apple travel site takes care of your airfare, hotel, and rental car and is very efficient.

The on site interview was about 5 hours, meeting with someone every 30 minutes. The bulk of the interviews consisted of a bunch of Apple products and pieces being placed in front of me and discussions on how they were produced, tooling to manipulate them, ensuring accuracy, how surface finishes were produced, why things were done a certain way, how I would do them, and so on.

Everyone I met with was light hearted and seemed to have a sense of humor. All incredibly bright individuals and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. All in all it was pretty intense, but if you know your stuff there shouldn't be anything unexpected. I was pleased that they didn't give me any brain teasers or abstract stuff like that. It was all straight to the point and was a good test of my manufacturing knowledge.

My advice to anyone in any interview situation is that if you don't know something, admit it. Don't try and BS your way through, especially in a group like I was in, as they will see through it. If you don't know something, just say so. My plastics experience is limited, so when technical questions about plastics and over molding came into the equation, I was up front and told them I knew about the process and could describe it to them, but had no hands on experience in it.

Also, make sure you can back up every single thing you put on your resume. If you have a lot of fluff in there it's going to come out in the interview process.

Lastly, don't show up empty handed. Bring examples of your work and show them how diverse your skill set is and why they should hire you. It's also a great for you to be able to talk intelligently about all the things you've done and explain your thought process behind them. This is what a lot of people you interview with are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very 'hands on' interview. No BS questions, but know every manufacturing process you can, regardless how abstract. Same goes for surface finishing, treatments, and manufacturing automation. Also Apple does things very differently, cost is second to quality, So where other manufacturers are stamping sheet metal and molding things out of cheap pot metal, Apple is CNC'ing components, has incredibly tight tolerances, and is highly automated.   View Answers (2)
    I initially received an offer from the recruiter verbally outlining my base salary, sign on bonus, relocation package, stock options, etc. They called me a few days later notifying me that the official offer was in the mail via FedEx next day air, and they had increased the base salary and sign on bonus that he had initially given me. It wasn't a massive increase in pay compared to what I was currently making, but it was enough to get me to accept, and was what I expected the job to pay. Certain things seem pretty set from a corporate standpoint (vacation days, stock vesting period, etc.) so I'm not sure how much negotiation room there actually is. Either way, I was happy with the offer they made me, and I accepted.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

This position took me 7 years of countless rejections from Apple to finally receive an offer, and I'm excited to finally share the story with you.

When I received the first email of being invited to interview with Apple I was not expecting it whatsoever, because it had been well over a year since I had updated any of my profile information. I was excited nonetheless! The email included a link of the interview schedule and I was able to select an interview date that was best for me. When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by 2 others applying for the same position, a Store Manager and a Business Leader. The interview consisted of scenario and behavioral type questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour and at the end we were told we'd receive a response within a week. I received an email response in 3 days with an invitation for a second interview!

The second group interview was very similar to the first, but instead of interviewing with two managers it was with one Store Leader. Same questions and process. Got an email response the same day with an invitation for the final interview!

The third and final group interview was a bit different from the first two, but in a good way! The interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely relaxed. I interviewed with the Market Leader and a different Store Leader, and neither one even mentioned anything about my resume. Instead, they tried to connect with me in a personal level and asked about my passions and views on Apple. I interviewed on a Friday and got a callback that Monday afternoon with an offer!

The best advice I can give when interviewing with Apple is to always stay positive when giving a response back to an interview question. Be direct and articulate your words, and make it fun! It took me over 15 separate interview attempts and a very long time to finally receive an offer. Don't let rejections stop you from pursing Apple if it's something you truly want to experience.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple.

Contacted me through LinkedIn, and then scheduled a phone interview with the interviewer, ask me to write code in apple doc beta version. No general questions, directly to coding question. takes about 30-40 mins

Interview Questions
    • Use objective-c write code to return the first repeated integer from a given array, with O(n) time   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

The phone interview wasn't exactly technical, I just spoke to the hiring manager and then was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site was a full day of about 5-6 technical interviews, with a few behavioral questions here and there. The technical questions related directly to the team's work
     and were not the typical general CS questions. I will not share the exact questions (integrity and all that...)

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were stuck on a problem? How would you formulate the question to your co-workers?   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

--Applied online
    --Received a phone call for an informal phone interview/basic questions (5 minutes)
    --Scheduled a second, more detailed interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype (your preference) with an HR rep.
    --Second interview via FaceTime lasted about 45 minutes, including role playing scenarios
    --Received e-mail to schedule a third interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype with a Team Manager
    --Third interview with Team Manager via FaceTime lasted about 30 minutes included more detailed technical questions and role playing
    --Once the interview process is completed, you will be called about the background check process and given an offer contingent upon the successful background check
    --The background check took about 5 days (criminal, employment, and education)
    --Once the background check is completed, you will again be notified via phone that you will receive an official offer letter via mail
    --Offer packet contains tons of information and paperwork to be completed
    --Upon receipt of your completed paperwork you are scheduled for training and your equipment is shipped

--The culture is very, very relaxed. It's Apple. Some people call it a cult, but it really does help if you're truly passionate about the products of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is CPU?   View Answer
    • What is RAM?   View Answer
    • How would you respond to a college student who dropped her MacBook Pro and broke it during finals week?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The starting salary is set in stone based on your region.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online roughly two months before I heard anything back. I was first contacted by an Apple recruiter (who turned out to be one of the store managers) and did a really easy phone interview with him. I was then asked to come in for three in-person interviews (first with that same initial store manager, then another store manager, and then the final one was with the store lead and the regional sales manager). From there I was asked to fill out an application online, and from there I was called with an offer at $16/hour, conditional on a background check. The biggest thing I found prior to interviewing was to stay positive when talking to them. They asked about what Apple products I own, why Apple, my own customer service experiences and how they'd relate to Apple, what I do for personal development. I read prior to my interviews to not be afraid to use the same scenarios with each separate interviewer - and I found that extremely helpful since I felt like I could basically put my story on repeat when I kept going back for more in-person interviews. I've heard from a current employee that Apple as a company does not hire people quickly based off one interview, and I think that's a good sign that they know the people they're getting in their stores! Hope this info helps, and good luck!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, they offered $16 per hour. No other talk about benefits yet though.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

I applied online and got an internal referral and within a few days I was invited to an Apple hiring event. When i got to the event apple employees greeted me and asked me to fill out a form asking about my availability and location preferences. I and the rest of the applicants (about 30 other applicants) waited for about 15 minutes before entering one of the rooms. They assigned us a table. They then welcomed us gave a few short presentations about the different retail roles. They asked us to introduce ourselves along with one interesting fact about ourselves. We then were asked a couple of group questions such as, a customer walks in and is interested in buying an iphone, how would you approach them? During these initial questions applicants were allowed to respond in no particular order. it felt like a conversation, except, well since it is an interview, applicants would often talk a lot to show their experience. After that, there was some role playing. you were given different scenarios and you had to take the customer role and then apple employee. Then they asked us another round of group questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • The final question went something like, Why do you believe you'd be a great apple team member?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

The Group Interview process was great and it takes the nervousness out of someone because you're interacting with more people. The 2nd interview was a little harder but I think I did a solid job explaining my credentials. I'm still waiting for another interview to be scheduled. They make you feel comfortable in the first interview as well by showing Apple videos of employees having a great time working together and seeing why Apple is a unique job.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

The hiring process was group oriented and was conducted in the store. There were various representatives of Apple at the store and we were all welcomed into the store by about 10-15 associates. There were about 25 other job seekers, and we were all sat down and given some insight into the Apple culture with a video. Each employee then gave a testimonial on their experience in the store and their current role. We then we paired off and were asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us. Once that was completed, we were asked to introduce the person we had just met. We then split up and were asked various questions regarding our opinion on the importance of customer service. For the most part, everyone was given the chance to talk and throughout the interview various associates were taking notes.

Global Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

Posted resume through career center provided through our University. Got selected for a phone interview that last around 30 min with the hiring director. Flown to Apple campus. Was interviewed by 3 people individually. Received a call back from HR within a few days to a week later, and an offering letter after providing interests verbally. I think one should avoid asking any question relating to any rumors about any Apple products. Apple is very secretive, and they have every right and need to be secretive.

Interview Questions
    • During your last performance review, what was your weakest attribute/skill. Nothing unexpected. Expects typical valuation/pricing/negotiation questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!