Apple Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
3,507 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event. Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes. Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after. Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview. Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call. In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone! I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position on April 15th and got a call from the recruiter to do a phone screening on May 4th. She was very polite while we discussed a little more about the position and why I'm interested.She then proceed to ask me " What are some troubleshooting steps if an Iphone does not turn on". First you show empathy to the customer and build a rapport, then you can go along with basic troubleshooting. Things like, have you charged it? And how long has it been charging. Have you tried the soft reset by pressing and holding the power plus the home button. After that, she decided to move forward with me for a Skype/Facetime interview. This one lasted 15-20 minutes. He went in further detail with customer service and how important it is.Now this is the part where you showcase your customer service skills. There is a little technical questions, but how you're dealing with the customer is what he/she is looking for. We did two scenarios and talked more in depth about the position. Then, I got moved on to the final interview where this one was pretty relaxed but lasted 45-60 minutes. This is the interview that counts! Throw everything you got into this one. He then proceeded to go over my background then asked me 3 or 4 technical questions. The third interview is looking to see if you have a clear understanding on how the products work, and if you're mentally prepared to turn your house into a work area. If they ask you, "do you have any questions". A good one is to say why do you like working for Apple? They will smile and be thankful you asked that. My second interview was May 6th and my final one was May 7th. They called me back today!!!!! May 15th is the day they called me back for an offer. I start in July. *note* Take all of these interview questions you see on this forum and study them. They will ask those questions!!!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between sympathy and empathy?   8 Answers
    • Why is it important to use a Ethernet cable VS a WiFi connection when you start working from home?   5 Answers

Negotiation

They offered me $17.50 an hour at first. Then the final offer was $17.70. I'm very happy with this pay and I can't wait!!!!! Live life!!!!! Hahaha

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

There are three stages to the interview process: (1) a recruiter phone interview [~10 minutes], (2) a face-to-face Skype interview with someone else, possibly an HR representative [~25 minutes], (3) another Skype interview with the hiring manager [~25 minutes]. At every stage they describe the job and the benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is an operating system?   2 Answers
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Role play: I just got off my plane and my phone won't turn on, I'm scared I lost all my photos from my anniversary.   1 Answer
    • Role play: I'm getting ready to take an exam and I need the volume on my iPad to work, but I can't get it to work.   1 Answer
    • Role play: I see No Service on the top left of my phone. I can't make any calls.   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied randomly, and about 3 days after I applied online I received an email inviting to a hiring event. The event was fast, and group oriented. We were shown videos about the company after we introduced ourselves. Some people sat down while talking while others stood up, so up to you. We then role played with an iPad (questions were on the iPad). They told us they would inform us within 5 days. I received a call for an interview at a store.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous work experience help you at Apple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Everett, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

It is a lengthy interview process. I applied for this job in late April and then got a call in the middle of May. This consisted of a 15 min brief phone interview. Then I got moved on to the next interview. This interview was around 30 min long and it was a face time interview. The interviewer went over the job description and then asked questioned about my customer service experience and then we did a chat role play. after that I was moved on to the next round of interviews. This interview was in the same format as the previous one but it was an hour long. Make sure that throughout the interviews you show how you would empathize with the customer and make them feel at ease. That is what they are looking for. During the chat role play they will ask questions regarding Apple products but they are mostly looking for a person that can provide great customer service.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that was upset and what was the outcome?   4 Answers

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied for Apple on 7/21. I received my first call on 8/4 just to make sure I was still interested in the position. On the call we discussed the job details, pay, start date, ect. My second interview which was over Skype was 8/12 where we did 2 role plays and asked more technical questions. I'm now waiting on my email to schedule my final interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain icloud to someone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm waiting on the final interview.

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

After an Apple recruiter phone screen and a phone screen with the hiring manager, I interviewed with 17 people over two days. The first day was interviewing with people in the same team as the open position, and people in other teams that I would work with. The second day was interviews with higher-level people (senior managers, directors, etc.).

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

3 interviews using webcam. Took a month. Questions range from customer service to technical. If you're really upbeat and energetic you may be able to get away with not knowing very much on the tech side since they teach that to you anyway.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between a Hard drive and RAM?   7 Answers

Specialist Interview

Interview

There is a huge group interview, then a smaller group interview with the "people" manager and then one with the store leader. They are more watching your personality than your past experience.