Apple Interview Questions

2,418 Interview Reviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

I was contacted by an Apple recruiter who had come across my resume on Monster or some other site that I had it on. The position was for the manufacturing group for mobile devices. It wasn't my typical area of expertise as I'm more design focused, but I have an extensive background in manufacturing and machining, so It seemed like a good time to make a change. I had a quick phone call with the recruiter and was asked the standard questions regarding why I was looking for a job, was I willing to relocate, etc. After this brief (10 minute) phone interview, I received an email and scheduled another brief phone interview with another recruiter, then again with a hiring manager.

The conversation with the hiring manager was very technically focused on manufacturing processes, plastics, metals, composites, tooling, machine tools, inspection, surface finishing, treatments, etc. This was about 30 minutes and the manager was a pleasure to talk to. He had a great sense of humor and the conversation although technical, was enjoyable and relaxed.

Following this I received an email and was invited for an on site interview. The Apple travel site takes care of your airfare, hotel, and rental car and is very efficient.

The on site interview was about 5 hours, meeting with someone every 30 minutes. The bulk of the interviews consisted of a bunch of Apple products and pieces being placed in front of me and discussions on how they were produced, tooling to manipulate them, ensuring accuracy, how surface finishes were produced, why things were done a certain way, how I would do them, and so on.

Everyone I met with was light hearted and seemed to have a sense of humor. All incredibly bright individuals and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. All in all it was pretty intense, but if you know your stuff there shouldn't be anything unexpected. I was pleased that they didn't give me any brain teasers or abstract stuff like that. It was all straight to the point and was a good test of my manufacturing knowledge.

My advice to anyone in any interview situation is that if you don't know something, admit it. Don't try and BS your way through, especially in a group like I was in, as they will see through it. If you don't know something, just say so. My plastics experience is limited, so when technical questions about plastics and over molding came into the equation, I was up front and told them I knew about the process and could describe it to them, but had no hands on experience in it.

Also, make sure you can back up every single thing you put on your resume. If you have a lot of fluff in there it's going to come out in the interview process.

Lastly, don't show up empty handed. Bring examples of your work and show them how diverse your skill set is and why they should hire you. It's also a great for you to be able to talk intelligently about all the things you've done and explain your thought process behind them. This is what a lot of people you interview with are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very 'hands on' interview. No BS questions, but know every manufacturing process you can, regardless how abstract. Same goes for surface finishing, treatments, and manufacturing automation. Also Apple does things very differently, cost is second to quality, So where other manufacturers are stamping sheet metal and molding things out of cheap pot metal, Apple is CNC'ing components, has incredibly tight tolerances, and is highly automated.   View Answers (3)
    I initially received an offer from the recruiter verbally outlining my base salary, sign on bonus, relocation package, stock options, etc. They called me a few days later notifying me that the official offer was in the mail via FedEx next day air, and they had increased the base salary and sign on bonus that he had initially given me. It wasn't a massive increase in pay compared to what I was currently making, but it was enough to get me to accept, and was what I expected the job to pay. Certain things seem pretty set from a corporate standpoint (vacation days, stock vesting period, etc.) so I'm not sure how much negotiation room there actually is. Either way, I was happy with the offer they made me, and I accepted.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Friendswood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

This position took me 7 years of countless rejections from Apple to finally receive an offer, and I'm excited to finally share the story with you.

When I received the first email of being invited to interview with Apple I was not expecting it whatsoever, because it had been well over a year since I had updated any of my profile information. I was excited nonetheless! The email included a link of the interview schedule and I was able to select an interview date that was best for me. When I arrived at the interview I was greeted by 2 others applying for the same position, a Store Manager and a Business Leader. The interview consisted of scenario and behavioral type questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The interview lasted about an hour and at the end we were told we'd receive a response within a week. I received an email response in 3 days with an invitation for a second interview!

The second group interview was very similar to the first, but instead of interviewing with two managers it was with one Store Leader. Same questions and process. Got an email response the same day with an invitation for the final interview!

The third and final group interview was a bit different from the first two, but in a good way! The interview only lasted about 45 minutes and was completely relaxed. I interviewed with the Market Leader and a different Store Leader, and neither one even mentioned anything about my resume. Instead, they tried to connect with me in a personal level and asked about my passions and views on Apple. I interviewed on a Friday and got a callback that Monday afternoon with an offer!

The best advice I can give when interviewing with Apple is to always stay positive when giving a response back to an interview question. Be direct and articulate your words, and make it fun! It took me over 15 separate interview attempts and a very long time to finally receive an offer. Don't let rejections stop you from pursing Apple if it's something you truly want to experience.

Applecare Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Incredibly positive experience. Received call from recruiter on a Friday, had a short interview with her the following Tuesday, followed by the next level recruiter on Wednesday, and my final interview with a hiring manager on Thursday. Received offer on Friday. I've never had such a quick turnaround time, and such a positive interviewing experience. Every person I spoke to was friendly, courteous and respectful of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer situation that you resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and your employer?   Answer Question
    Not applicable. Salary was fixed, and was very fair. Full benefits included.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

I was actually surprised i got an invitation because I had applied several months in the past and i got the invitation through my email. By this time I had already found a job. Anyways the hiring seminar was basically the same as other people's reviews. In total there were 25 applicants there. Once they invite everyone inside the room, the apple employees start clapping as you walk in. Then they show their video presentation. It was basically showing off the Apple culture. Afterwards they break up everyone into groups and an apple employee gets assigned to a group. Then an iPad gets passed to an applicant. The applicant then reads off the question and his answer out loud to everyone in the group. The iPad gets passed along the group until one of the employees ends it. I did not make it to the second interview. I hear there is at least 3-4 interviews that you have to go just to get into an entry position. (which is kind of a lot in my opinion.) But even one of the employees said in the end to not feel discouraged if you don't make it to the second interview because it took him several tries.

I hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why would you fit well with Apple?
      2. What was an achievement that you received that others had trouble receiving?
      These are some of the questions I got.
        View Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Minimum of 4 interviews I was told
    First was a group interview.
    Second one on one
    Third one on one
    Fourth was another group interview.

Pretty much you must be outgoing and willing to learn and let it be known you want to learn. I had a couple people in my first group interview who were ask "when was a time you failed and what did you learn from it?" He answered "I never fail, that is something that doesn't happen to me." when this happened all i thought was 'well I won't see you again.' I also had a guy ask what the pay was going to be in the first interview which is never good because its an entry level position the whole point is to get hired not really what the pay is.
    The best advise I can give you is be fun in the interview you can laugh. The interviewers were all pretty young and fun. the whole process was about a month. And people when the interview is over ask questions in not one group interview I had did someone ask questions when the interview was over besides me. ask what they do? how they got to where they are? do they like it?

Don't be discouraged but try and stand out, apple only hires who they like. personality and intelligence get you the job. if you are a nerd who thinks they know everything and you act ignorant because you are smart they won't pick you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had good customer service?
      Why apple?
      Name a time you gave good customer service? (every interview)
      Name a time you failed and what did you learn?
      Your favorite product and why?
      Why are you a good candidate?
        Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Had a phone interview, store interview, and with lead and a manager. It took a total of days. Phone , next day store interview and a few days later lead and manager. Very easy to interview with. Be positive upbeat.

Interview Questions
    • was very easy. Why Apple? In the past 5 years what are you most proud of   Answer Question
    There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

There were three interviews for the part-time retail position, which might seem odd for those not familiar with Apple's commitment to quality. First was a group interview, in which general questions were asked in order to assess who was outgoing, friendly and customer-focused. The second interview was a one-on-one with the store manager, in which various role-playing scenarios were given in addition to the standard interview questions (such as "What would you do if a customer wasn't happy with a product they just purchased?" They aren't looking for the "right" answers, per se, but for someone able to think on their feet and put customers at ease. Finally there might be a quick interview with the District Manager, more of a meet-and-greet than a proper interview, for senior positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Just have to stand out and out shine. Have fresh memories of events that are easily put in words and express skills. IF in group settings make sure you speak but not speak to much that others can't, may come of as rude.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Hartland, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartland, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

So I applied at the end of August, and I got an email invitation to a apple hiring event with 90 applicants. I was invited to stay after the event. I was there for four hours interviewing with different store managers. Then I was called an hour afterwards for an interview the next morning. The interview was outdoors, and all interviews were group ranging from two to five people. After that interview they called me the next day for an interview the following Monday. I just did that interview and the guy said there is still two more. You must really want this job. Also the two questions you will be asked the most is why apple? And what do you bring to the table?

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Employee forwarded resume to manager of store and the whole process took 4 weeks. It was not terribly difficult but I did not have any prior experience and I felt as though I wasn't a great fit for retail.

Interview Questions
    • Straight word questions, no surprises of "name a time when you had to overcome something and you did not know to how to do it at first"   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!