Apple Interview Questions

2,494 Interview Reviews

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple in October 2014.

I have just been for the phase 1 of the interview as of yet. But been called in for the second interview. The first interview was with a group. Two other people and I. We had a very pleasant interviewer. The same questions were asked of all three in turn.

Interview Questions
    • She asked whether anyone knew which company Apple had partnered up with recently?   View Answer
    I have just got the call for the second interview.

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Applied online and took about a month for a random call asking for me to give them a call back. Called her back and verified an interview for that same day. Later on that day had the interview and it was more personality and not technical at all. Had a follow up interview the next day and the recruiter gave me some prep hints about looking up what an Operating System does, the difference between RAM and Storage. Also to know the difference between IMAP and POP email accounts. Interview was as expected technical slightly, but more about customer service and empathy. This recruiter told me that I would receive another interview from one last person. This interview was very short and the recruiter told me that I would hear something within 3 weeks. I had the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating and it was low for my experience, but they do it standard across the board.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Apple retail hiring event for a single store in my area. Similar to the other reviews. Did role playing where different people took turns being the specialist and the customer. Asked us why we were a good fit for Apple.

Fixture Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

Contacted recruiter through Linkedin and was happy to learn that the hardware teams are looking for mechanical engineers to work on antenna design. First round of technical screens were over the phone and this was followed by another set of two technical phone screens. Got offered the opportunity to then interview on site (1:1 sessions) that lasted 4 hours put together.

Overall, very positive experience; I think what caught me off guard might have been the fact that the position was for test fixture engineering but many questions were focused on mechanical engineering analysis which I only prepared for using what experience I stated on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How would you model parts on CAD (draw on whiteboard)   Answer Question
    • Assorted questions on beam bending (subjected to moments)   Answer Question

Customer Care Agent (At Home) Escalation Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Apple.

Employees of Apple are passionate about premium products and services. The interview was 45 minutes and very focused on Apple's consumer. Most questions emphasized the quality of service Apple customers expect, problem solving skills, active listening, and most importantly, empathy. I have a talent for calming an angry customer, so I was comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you handle the rare customer who stays unsatisfied?'   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple.

It is an invited interview after an iOS hackathon in our university. The interviewer didn't ask too many questions, mainly about my previous projects on resume. Only one technical question has been asked.

Interview Questions
    • Assume you have many pages of slides, you want to change the order when you are editing them, say, you would like to insert the 7th page after the 3rd page and before the 4th page. Design and implement your idea.   View Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

1) apply online
    2) recruiter inquires if interest in the position(kernel performance engineer) and schedule a phone interview
    3) Hiring manager does a technical phone interview
    asking questions : scheduling algorithm, process/thread, performance, and all about operating system performance

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Was scheduled for an initial technical interview for a new grad position after talking with an engineer at a fall on campus career fair. I only had about half an hour to prepare and was a little flustered so it didn't go great. It was a pretty standard 30 minute technical interview, though.

Genuis Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in September 2010.

I don't think the process is the same anymore, but here was my experience four years ago.

First was a hiring event at a hotel, there were about 100 people there and we did 'ice breakers', some light role playing and intros … Assuming you did well w/ this you moved to Round 2 on another day.

Round 2: Panel interviews: I had never had an interview process like this and it seems weird to me. Basically they divided us up into groups of two, you sat in front of 5-6 people whom asked questions and you both had to answer the questions. Kind of like gladiators of tech/Apple knowledge. Then I had a solo panel interview with another 5-6 people asking more common job interview questions.

Phhheeeewwww! Rough ;)

none.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2012.

I had a phone screen followed by an onsite interview. The phone screen with the recruiter was fairly simple - she just wanted to know about my work background. Tip: The trick is to align your past experiences with the skills necessary for the role you are applying for.

Next came my onsite interview. Questions included:

1. Describe a time you overcame conflict in the workplace.
    2. Describe a time you overcame a challenge in the workplace.
    3. Why Apple?
    4. Describe a time you went above and beyond for your job.
    5. What sort of project management tools are you familiar with? Tip: Apple uses MS Excel.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have Agile Scrum experience? If not, describe this approach.   Answer Question