Apple Interview Questions

2,879 Interview Reviews

AppleCare Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple.

The interview featured two interviewers asking a variety of questions to see how you process problem solving as well as your general attitude for a customer service role. Technical knowledge wasn't questioned too much. I found that Apple really wants to foster an environment where people are themselves, and my interviews within the company were less about abstract or anecdotal questions and more to get a sense of how you are and work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe "beyond economical repair" to a customer?   Answer Question

Family Room Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

One other candidate plus myself were Interviewed by the Regional Market Manager and Store Manager. We of course were told it was not going to be a competition, they just liked to save time, it's still felt like a slight competition. One of the managers once even joked and said, "Oh that's a point for you!" We both left on good notes and eventually we were both actually hired. 4th and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • "You seem pretty positive, what types of things bring you down?"   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online, HR contacts you to set up an interview, technical interview is pretty straight forward, HR calls with offer and very brief discussion of salary and a very nice, professional looking hiring package on your first day.

College At-home Advisor Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

After application had to attend phone conferences explaining how to completely certain paperwork by mail. Then interview was through FaceTime, seemed strict on background noise and any distractions in background. After interview, more phone conferences for more paper work, criminal background check, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you performed great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Ok, coming from the customer service industry, how do you think you can provide that same level of satisfaction without the face to face interaction you're used to? E.g. how can you provide good customer service over the phone   Answer Question
    • Show me (role play) how you would show a customer you're willing to help them by only using your voice.   Answer Question
    Pay didn't seem negotiable, training schedule was completely non negotiable everything else was left "to be determined" until after training.

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Applied through a recruiter. It took 2 weeks to get a phone interview. They asked about some relative projects on the resume -- what is the approach and why is that. Then they asked some questions about formal verification. They were looking for a not only correct but also efficient way to achieve the goal.

Physical Design Interview

It is a phone interview, last about one hour; asked about resume projects; details about how to use tools to solve timing violations; experience about perl and tcl; some basics about circuit components

Apple Genius Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Brief phone interview (behavioral). They were nice but seemed to be following a script - they seem to be following the rest of corporate America. Waiting to hear back from a store manager about new positions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Apple?
      Can you describe a situation in which you had to deal with an unhappy customer?

Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

I get an e-mail from HR, asking me if I am interested in verification position at Apple. Then after about 1 week there is a scheduled phone interview about 30 mins, mainly asking basic VLSI questions. Now just waiting for further response.

Interview Questions
    • Setup/hold time problem; meta-stability; 5-stage pipeline   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Talked to hardware engineer at an on-campus career fair, was asked to do in-person interview on-campus the following day. We mostly talked about my project team work; I think I was pretty confusing and kept jumping between different ideas.

After that I sent a thank you note. A week later I got a cryptic email from Apply saying they were circulating my resume among departments. Was never officially rejected.

Interview Questions
    • How to remove one transistor from a CMOS inverter in the context of a PCB.   View Answer
    • Derive the transfer function/ draw the time-domain impulse response of an RC low pass filter.   View Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Much like everyone else has described, I attended the hiring seminar first, then after a few days, was invited back for a small (about five) group interview with the heads of the three stores in the area. They told us we would hear back from them but it took multiple weeks and multiple emails to get to the fact that they had moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us some advice you got from a superior that changed that way you worked from that point forward?   Answer Question