Apple

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Demand Planning Interview

Manager Demand Planning
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Call with recruiter, then more senior recruiter. Then Facetime with a couple of "peers", Wait 2 two weeks and fly to Austin. Interview with 6 people and then present case study on iBike. Had a great day talking to the people - all were Managers - no directors or vp's -- at the end of the day did my presentation on the iBike. The group didn't appreciate the direction I took -- they were all Managers - I think that if VP or Director level person was there, things would have gone better.

Interview Question – On your team, how many "A" "B" and "C" players would you want. I said all "A" and the guy said but they will all want to leave, I said yes but they are the best people to have. It was very strange. I don't think it was an "apple" question just this one persons.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – It helps to know someone. Group interview where they give you scenarios and you demonstrate how you would handle it. Panel interview with store managers in a group. Then interview with Store Leader.

Interview Question – Why Apple?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – Flew in for an interview after being contacted by a recruiter. Flown in. The selection process for flights and hotels is great, it's kinda like they are running their own kayak. Regular silicon valley interview other than that.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? (Really thing that stuff through)   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus Recruitment. First interview was on campus lasted about 1hr. After making it to the 2nd round you have 5 interviews at the Apple office. Interviews mimicked the first, mainly behavioral with a bit of why you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – What is your favorite accounting class?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took a while before I heard anything back from my online application. Once I heard back from them I received an email inviting me to a group hiring event. I arrived at the event with apx. 15 other people. They played music and clapped for us as we entered the store. They broke us up into small groups around tables. They had us interview the person across from us while they observed us. After each person had interviewed their neighbor we were told to introduce that person to the group. Following that we watched some apple promo videos and had a discussion time with the group at large. They then broke us up into groups of 3/4 and we conferred on a group discussion question. They then asked for us to choose one person to represent the group. They then asked us questions about how our group operated and did not care as much about what was said as much as how we functioned. We concluded the evening by passing around an iPad with standard job interview questions on it for each of us to answer in turn.

After the group interview I went on to have interviews with a manager, store manager, and district manager. These interviews were very similar. They try to make it more of a conversation then a normal interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. They are looking for a certain type of person, so they ask questions to know how you think and react.   Answer Question

Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from a random Apple email address about being invited to their 'Apple Retail Hiring Event'. The interview was the typical group interview. Thought I spoke quite frequently and answered all the questions correctly (a lot of people ignored the questions and just talked up the Apple Products). Then went into a small group interview where my group had to answer questions. My group was all very eager to speak which got a little difficult. Two people interviewing the group seemed uninterested in what we were having to say. Left the interview feeling I did the best that I could, but unfortunately I did not get the position. Overall It was a good experience.

Interview Question – What's your favorite electronic device that's not an apple product?   Answer Question

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Apple At Home Advisor
Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Really great experience! All 3 interviewers were kind, respectful and easy. First interview was over the phone and was about 10 minutes long. No hard questions. Why work for apple? My wifi isn't connecting what do I do? 2nd interview was FaceTime - scenario - I just got off airplane, my luggage is lost which has my computer and now my phone won't work. Empathy empathy empathy before going resolving issue. Which email protocol to use when syncing multiple devices? IMAP 3rd interview- was at party, my child fell into pool, I jumped in to get my baby and now my phone doesn't work. Then you will either get phone call from apple recruiter for next step of offer and to let you background check from hire right email,is coming or if email is sent - no call, no offer.

Interview Question – Is ram volatile or stable? I really didn't know and said so   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, pay was much more than expected with great benefits

Very Easy Interview

FRS Interview

FRS
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I first passed a Tech Screen to ensure you can trouble shoot the phones and have a general technical knowledge base regarding mobile devices. Then I was interviewed one on one with the Senior Manager. Afterwards I was supped to be Interview by the Store Manager & Market Area Manager but it didn't happen. The store manager just ended up asking why I wanted it and then offered me the position.

Interview Question – Name 5 ways to save battery life on an iPhone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I actually applied for a full time position and after passing the tech screen and two interviews I was offered the position. After accepting the position I was informed that the Full Time spot was given to someone that transferred from another store and that I would be Part-Time.

Chestnut Hill, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted about a week after I applied. First step was a group interview where 6 of us sat a table and answered a question we were asked one by one. The group interview was pretty easy as long as you are not quiet and have a lot to say. After the first interview I was given the opportunity to go in for a second interview.

Interview Question – What is your favorite thing to do during a snow storm?   View Answer

Apple Genius Interview

Apple Genius

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Took 3 days. I received a phone interview in the morning. asked questions like tell me about yourself ? When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation ? Tell me about u exprience in customer service

Interview Question – What is you most memorable service experience ?   Answer Question