Apple

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015
2,775 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

I applied the internship during the career fair in our university and got an on-campus interview on the next day. The interviewer is really nice. We started with some basic programming problems. I was asked to write code on the board. Then we discussed something about GPU and deep learning since the interviewer works for Siri Team. But I don't have much knowledge about GPU, so I failed here. Anyway, I still feel really happy to get this opportunity, which is actually the first career interview in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Iterator, bit manipulation, something related to my projects   Answer Question

Hardware Sensing Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Interviewed with this group multiple times and they are consistently rude. Be prepared to talk with arrogant employees and not have emails responded. usually a phone screen followed by onsite. There might be a 4 question assignment in between which is pointless since it is used as an excuse to eliminate candidates. It is a very easy assignment yet they may still block you from proceeding in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • op amps, general engineering questions, DSP, current mirrors, projects   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

It was a Group interview, she asked pretty basic questions, they are big on customer service. They will ask questions like, "what is your favorite Apple product and why?", etc. Very friendly and professional interviewer, pleasant interview overall.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

I received and email from the recruiter asking me for my availability dates for a phone interview, once i gave them the dates, an interview was set up approximately a week after i received the email. The interview went on for approximately 60 minutes. It was included both technical questions and a coding problem. It was a very good experience and the interviewer was very patient and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all technical in nature, and mostly concentrated on the Operating System Concepts.   Answer Question
    Still awaitng their call for the next step in the process.

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied through employee referral, talked to the recruiter on the phone, one technical phone screen with a senior engineer on the team, had to do a 3-problem take-home test over the weekend, then got invited to go on site. On site was 6 hours of technical interviews. Topics included probability, estimation theory, circuit theory, signal processing, system design, adaptive filters, prototype testing, firmware C programming and C memory management.

They told me the initial feedback of the interview was positive but then took them 3 weeks to eventually reject my application. It was disappointing, but overall the experience was positive and educational. Apple knows how to be professional.

Interview Questions
    • The multiplier is broken. Write a function in C to multiply two 16-bit integers.   View Answer

Design Verificatiom Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Applied online received a schedule for phone interview next day. The HR was very careful, called me that day the engineer will be half an hour later and ensure my time, which impressed me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't know why I was chosen, at the interview, the engineer said he thought I was experienced while my resume clearly stated I haven't graduated yet.
      A few question based on resume. Projects and classes
      He was polite, talked for 20min, but clearly disappointed since I was not person he would expect

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

The interview was very smooth. Had a 30 minute phone interview and a half day onsite interview. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. Interview was half technical and half behavioral. Technical questions were based on my resume and concentrated mainly on Computer architecture. The process was very swift and comfortable. Really excited about working with Apple.

Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

5 interviews. Each interview is similar. Mangers are getting to know you and you just be yourself. Sometimes they will ask about your work experience. But more they ask about is your whole experience and insights.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Reached out to me regarding a position. Took a long time to even get a response. Had a phone screen that went well in my opinion, but then never heard back. Sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter, but never heard from him again. It's funny how he stressed the importance of candidate experience but then left a pretty negative impression afterwards.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

A school colleague of mine put in a recommendation for me as I applied online. I was contacted for a series of 2 interviews (1-1, then an interview with one manager, myself and another applicant) over the course of three months, and then "put on hold" until a position opened up for at the store that wanted me to work there. When a position was finally available, about 9 months after originally applying, I had an interview with the market leader, and was presented with an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for Specialists is consistent at this location, I did not negotiate for more pay.