Apple Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015
2,930 Interview Reviews

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied online, HR contacts you to set up an interview, technical interview is pretty straight forward, HR calls with offer and very brief discussion of salary and a very nice, professional looking hiring package on your first day.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Take calls to resolve customer issues, including all Apple products, wireless routers, cable modems etc. Great job benefits and I work from home. Just walk down stairs and I'm at work.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Phila, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

A little drawn out, but worth the initial offer for employment. Group interview with 20 prospects from all walks of life. Some people talked a lot and tried to stand out, others sat back in the pocket and enjoyed the ride. Second interview with 3 other prospects, store manager (basic personality screen). Final interview with the regional market leader which I assume was simply to put a face to a name. Lastly was made an offer via phone pending a background check. BE YOURSELF

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took the first figure they gave me

At Home Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2015.

Interview

There are three stages to the interview process: (1) a recruiter phone interview [~10 minutes], (2) a face-to-face Skype interview with someone else, possibly an HR representative [~25 minutes], (3) another Skype interview with the hiring manager [~25 minutes]. At every stage they describe the job and the benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is an operating system?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Role play: I just got off my plane and my phone won't turn on, I'm scared I lost all my photos from my anniversary.   1 Answer
    • Role play: I'm getting ready to take an exam and I need the volume on my iPad to work, but I can't get it to work.   1 Answer
    • Role play: I see No Service on the top left of my phone. I can't make any calls.   1 Answer

Physical Design Interview

Interview

It is a phone interview, last about one hour; asked about resume projects; details about how to use tools to solve timing violations; experience about perl and tcl; some basics about circuit components

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Brief phone interview (behavioral). They were nice but seemed to be following a script - they seem to be following the rest of corporate America. Waiting to hear back from a store manager about new positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple?
      Can you describe a situation in which you had to deal with an unhappy customer?

Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I get an e-mail from HR, asking me if I am interested in verification position at Apple. Then after about 1 week there is a scheduled phone interview about 30 mins, mainly asking basic VLSI questions. Now just waiting for further response.

Interview Questions

• Setup/hold time problem; meta-stability; 5-stage pipeline   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. It took 2 weeks to get a phone interview. They asked about some relative projects on the resume -- what is the approach and why is that. Then they asked some questions about formal verification. They were looking for a not only correct but also efficient way to achieve the goal.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Talked to hardware engineer at an on-campus career fair, was asked to do in-person interview on-campus the following day. We mostly talked about my project team work; I think I was pretty confusing and kept jumping between different ideas.

After that I sent a thank you note. A week later I got a cryptic email from Apply saying they were circulating my resume among departments. Was never officially rejected.

Interview Questions

• How to remove one transistor from a CMOS inverter in the context of a PCB.   1 Answer
    • Derive the transfer function/ draw the time-domain impulse response of an RC low pass filter.   1 Answer

NPI Operations Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the recruiter which then lead to another phone interview with a hiring manager. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview with 7 different people. Each interview took about 30 minutes. They had to switch the interview schedule around on a few occasions since some of the people interviewing me were pulled into other meetings.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities that are important to be a successful program manager?   Answer Question
    • Name an instance where you had an issue with a co-worker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question