Apple

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015
2,783 Interview Reviews

Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

5 interviews. Each interview is similar. Mangers are getting to know you and you just be yourself. Sometimes they will ask about your work experience. But more they ask about is your whole experience and insights.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Reached out to me regarding a position. Took a long time to even get a response. Had a phone screen that went well in my opinion, but then never heard back. Sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter, but never heard from him again. It's funny how he stressed the importance of candidate experience but then left a pretty negative impression afterwards.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

A school colleague of mine put in a recommendation for me as I applied online. I was contacted for a series of 2 interviews (1-1, then an interview with one manager, myself and another applicant) over the course of three months, and then "put on hold" until a position opened up for at the store that wanted me to work there. When a position was finally available, about 9 months after originally applying, I had an interview with the market leader, and was presented with an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Base pay for Specialists is consistent at this location, I did not negotiate for more pay.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Contacted to fill out the application form on their website. Recruiter emailed to set up phone interview of ~1hr with team lead. Around 45 minutes of discussing resume and projects then Q/A. Never received email or notification after that from recruiter or interviewer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Not the positive experience I was hoping for, given such a fantastic brand. I've done lots of interviews during my career. I passed several very difficult ones, whch were also pleasant experiences. But never before have I interviewed with such pompous and inhospitable people as this one. The hiring manager, with whom I began the interview, was pretty rude. A couple of things he said led me to believe that he had already made his mind up before I sat down. I think I did rather well with the questions, solving, coding and testing them early, leaving time to discuss upgrades. But I guess you never can tell what's going on behind clsed doors. I went on to get offers from Microsoft and Google, so I'm not too bothered.

Interview Questions
    • I signed an NDA, so I decline to provide details of interview questions   Answer Question

Wireless Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

-2 Phone interviews
    -1 Onsite interview with Engineers/ managers (technical questions)
    -1 Onsite interview with Sr level managers / executives (technical / HR)

Recruiter(s) contacted me through LinkedIn, and the phone interview was set up within a week. After two technical phone interviews, I was invited for an onsite interview (which comprised of 11-12 interviews), after which I was selected for a second onsite interview with upper level management.

Interview Questions
    • -Communication Systems questions (OFDM, Channel Models, Digital Communication, MIMO etc.)
      -RF (RF Front end, Noise, Linearity etc.)

Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

Applied through school recruiting. Contacted within a week. Had one phone interview followed by a Skype interview. The phone call was really simple and mainly dealt with knowing about my schedule. The Skype interview took about an hour and was more serious. The guy was really nice who interviews me. We talked about my past work experience and talk more about the adviser role.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Roll play a customer being upset
      2.Why Apple
      3.Tell me about good customer service

View Answer

Had another offer

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

A total of three interviews. First interview, was brief and basically she just went over the details of the position-asking me things like if a customer calls in and says their phone isn't turning on, what is the first thing you would do? She let me know she was moving me on to the second interview.

Second interview lasted about 30 mins and I was asked customer service related questions. REMEMBER: Apple wants to hear empathy from you to the customer. I will even go as far to say that demonstrating empathy towards the customer is how I got the job. When people on this forum tell you it's all about empathy, it's true!

Third interview was more technical based and lasted roughly 45 mins, but again, they want to hear you empathizing with the customer. When asked the technical stuff, it is mostly common sense. If a customer calls and says something like "I cant connect to wifi, what do I do?" Just reply with what you would do if that was you. Easy right? Just remember again: BE EMPATHETIC!!

About a week after the third interview-I was called to be offered the job contingent upon results from my background check, which was cleared yesterday. I am due to start towards the end of April and am really excited!

Interview Questions
    • 1. "I just got off my plane and can't make or receive calls, or access my emails and to top it all off, I'm running late for a meeting, can you help me?"   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

Phone interview that focused on my skills and experience as a PM. Next step was interviewing with 3 people on the team. A week later I was brought in for 3 interviews with an upper level manager and two other stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone else made a mistake and you had to tell them about it.
      How would you get to know and adapt to the unique Apple culture?

Answer Question

IOS App Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2015.

My friend, employee at Apple, reffered me to this position, in two weeks I got an email about phone interview. It took around 45 minutes, a lot of questions. Its all year hiring position so you have to wait from month to one year to get hired

Interview Questions
    • basic user questions, plus questions how you work under pressure, time managment skills, YOU HAVE TO HAVE APPLE PRODUCTS   Answer Question