Apple Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015
3,356 Interview Reviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

contacted by a recruiter. She liked my answer and set me up for on-campus interview. I met the person who would be my manager and director. Both of them were not smart and did not understand the process. I ended up explaining why they were wrong. I found out later on the manager did not even have a bachelor which explain a lot. I impressed them with easy answer and they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• General - manager was total idiot who did not even know what to ask   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied to several postings online, and never heard back from any of them. Went to a career fair, spoke to several recruiters and actually got a phone call from one. We talked about procurement and I mentioned that I was definitely interested. She said she would send my information over to the hiring managers and again, never heard anything back..

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First one was a large group interview. Truly have no idea how they knew who was who. It seems pretty obvious that you have to find a way to stand out, and show that you can be fun and friendly when speaking in front of others. Second interview was conducted by HR at the store.

Interview Questions

• If you could show someone new to Apple one thing about something you love: what would it be and how would you demonstrate it.   1 Answer

Part-time Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied back in January with a referral and never received a call. Applied again with referral in May. Received an email for hiring invite for June. 1st interview was on a Sunday (group) about 33 people. We did break into groups of 6-7 people and passed an iPad around and answers the questions on it! Then we watch videos as a big group and related to the video. Make sure you stand out but don't be fake and way over the top. Also, if they don't start right away or your waiting make sure you mingle with other candidates to show you are personable. I received a call about 2 hours later advancing me to the 2nd interview. This was still with a group but it was with 5 other people. They asked questions that we all answered..try to answer first or just don't be last every time. I got a call back 2 days later to attend the 3rd and final interview this again was a group but it was only 3 of us. Again try to answer 1st and show your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? What are you passionate about? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's your favorite product and why? Tell a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apple (Huntsville, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

We had a group interview they'll send you an email and give you a pre-selected slot you have to register for on a given day. About 20 people will be in your group they'll sit you down and have you fill out an availability form and give you some information about the company then go over each role in the store. Afterwords they'll break you up into groups and give you hypothetical situations which you have to come up with a plan to solve the given situation. They'll give you two of these and then wrap it up with a Q&A and you'll hand in your stuff and leave.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you questions dealing with customers and how you would interact with them in a given role in a particular situation as a group you must solve it.   1 Answer

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (North Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for Apple on May 22nd and a received a call on June 1st. I missed that call because I didn't recognize the number and so the recruiter emailed. I'm glad I did miss because I wasn't ready for the interview. So I emailed her back and she called me the next day. She just went over the position and ask me few questions like why do I want to work for Apple? And have I ever dealt with a mad customer before and what did I do. Then she let me know that I will he moved on to do a 2nd interview The 2nd interview was on June 9th with a HR person. We use FaceTime to do the interview. She was very nice a very energetic. My experience with Apple workers is they are alway happy as H. So I did that . We did 2 role plays and she said that I will find out a week or 2 if I move on. I felt like I could of done better and when I heard her say email I thought that was it for me lol. But it wasn't I received a email a week in a half later saying that I will be having another interview with a manager. The 3rd interview was great too. This guy had on a T-shirt and a baseball hat. We only did 2 role plays on FaceTime and during the 2nd role play the FaceTime cut off. But he FaceTime me back. Now if you don't know something let them know because I blanked out on my 2nd role play. So I thought I wasn't going to get the job. The question was my phone will not connect to my car do that I talk though my speakers can you help me with this. Now my car doesn't have a Bluetooth capability in it so all I know I to us wires with it but I forgot that my husband used this feature on a rental car one day. I let the manager know this. That's when he said ok and started closed the interview. I felt dumb because studied my butt off and I got asked an easy question. So after the interview was over I called and told my husband and he was like you might still get it now everyone haves that in the car and I shouldn't be mad. Well I received a call from HR a week later saying that I got the yay

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer
    • My car was left on all through the night and now when I try to talk people I can only talk through the phone not through the car speckers. Can you help me with this?   1 Answer
    • I don't receive emails through my phone and then she said that she doesn't remember her user name on her Ipad can you help me with this?   1 Answer
    • I received another phone that I can't make a call to people why is that?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a mad customer?   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Process was a bit lengthy, and not quite what I expected. It is very similar to some of the models on here. I applied online and the next day I called the store I applied to to see if they got my application. They said the whole process was electronic and they see I submitted it, and that most people get invited to a hiring event after 2-3 weeks of submitting an application. 5 days letter I got an email inviting me to come to a hiring event. There were 3 different options available, all 2 hour time slots in the same day and each with about 20 available slots. Then I got to my hiring event, about 15 applicants were there and about 6 managers. The managers sat in back while one gave a PowerPoint presentation and then asked us a bunch of questions to the public. Be sure to answer them and raise your hand a ton so that you stand out in front of the others. After this you will split into groups and answer questions on how you dealt with different situations in previous work experiences. Each will be directed by one of the managers and they will continue to write everything down. Just answer them to the best of your ability. A couple days later I got invited to a second interview with the store manager. I said sure, and went to that interview. Much to my surprise I was still interviewing with another person. It was two of us and two managers. They asked us about our lives and what we liked to do in our free time, our favorite Apple products and of course why Apple. They told us they would let us know in 72 hours if we were invited back. About 20 hours later I got called back in for an interview with the market leader. Once again I was not alone and had another applicant with me when I went to this interview. This interview was more about logistics, how our schedules would work with apples schedule, etc. they also asked a little about us and also wanted us to tell them why Apple, where do we see ourselves in the future. After this interview I got offered a job while I was in the room. Both of us got offered and we both accepted, but the thing is they DONT hire anyone into genius. They just post that it's open position online, most already existing employees get those jobs. I got hired as a part time specialist to start, but the pay is still great. Overall you just need to be confident and outgoing. They really don't care how much technical things you know about their products, as they can teach you that. They just want people who can connect to people.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview process had a very casual feel to it. All of the applicants were checked in and waited to be brought to the meeting room. In the first meeting room, all applicants stayed together and had introductions and some ice-breaker tasks. After this get-to-know-you stage and a brief orientation, applicants were split into groups and taken to separate rooms where panel interviews were held. We were asked behavioral interview questions and took turns answering. For those who have never had to deal with behavioral interview questions, the idea is simple. They ask you about a time when you did or dealt with a certain situation and how you responded.

Interview Questions

• Asked behavioral interview questions. Ie: Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is broken up into about 3 different interviews. The first being the general hiring event, the second and third were smaller group interviews. (The second and third interviews could be 1 on 1's also) The one thing that they look for the most is what type of person you are and if you are passionate. Be passionate about what you do or what you have done and relate that to what Apple does without necessarily saying it explicitly. The can teach you about technology but they cannot teach you how to be a people person.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal of yours, or what is one thing that you accomplished that you were proud of and why?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple (Menlo Park, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Got called back within a week. The interview was myself and 4 other guys for the same position. The interview was from another specialist and the store manager, and took place in the food court of the mall where the store was located. That in and of itself showed me how casual and laid back it is.

Interview Questions

• What is the best customer service you have ever experienced? (not done or given yourself)   1 Answer