Apple

2,692 Interview Reviews

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Applied on apple website. After applying, contacted the following Monday. Small phone interview and was told o was being sent for the next interview which was a Skype interview. Had it today and was very relaxed but nerve racking. Was told I'd be notified by Monday if passed on 50 the next skype interview.

Interview Questions
    • A role play scenario: I just got back from my honeymoon and my iPhone is not working.   Answer Question

Applecare At Home Advisor Daytime Chat Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

First is a phone interview. Roughly 5-10 minutes. A Recruiter will explain what the job entails and then asks a troubleshooting question. Then I received another phone call the next day to setup an interview with a recruiter via video chat. The second interview took around 20-30 minutes. My recruiter briefly explained what was required for the position and then went into a few roleplaying scenarios. She was looking for customer service skills more than technical background. She also was looking for your thought process for troubleshooting. Considering this is a entry level position for troubleshooting, being basic is ok. Things like is it plugged in? Did you try another charger? Things of that nature. After that she told me she liked me and would push me to my final interview. Waiting for the email or phone call. She said I should expect a phone call or email sometime this week or next. From my understanding, its a brief phone interview and 2 video chat interviews plus the background check after.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult or unexpected question during the interview. Im pretty sure anyone who is applying for this position has some background in technology or troubleshooting. As long as you show your customer service skills you should be fine. Customer service > Technical background. Apple as extensive and in depth training if you get the job. Anyone can teach someone how to troubleshoot or fix their product, but they cant teach customer service skills. You either have it or don't.   Answer Question

Special Projects Group Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

I was referred internally by an Apple employee to another employee looking to hire for the Special Projects Group, which Apple puts together when they start working on new products. I was contacted by a recruiter and set up for an initial phone screen. The phone screen was mostly about my previous work interspersed with technical questions on or related to things I had worked on. I could make out that the guy interviewing me was smart and had a broad knowledge of concepts in computer vision and machine learning, which were my areas of specialization. He mentioned that I would be called in for an on-site interview. Soon after this I received an offer from another company (during Christmas/New year holiday time frame) and I tried to reach out to Apple if they could speed up the process. I received a response from them after the holidays and had to quickly set up the on-site within a span of 3 days. The process was smooth with booking travel etc. on the Apple website. Most of the interviews went well except for the coding question, which did not quite work out in my favor. It was a simple question on implementing a += operator on a special data structure in BASE 100. Other interviews were mostly on my background and technical knowledge in computer vision and machine learning, which went pretty well in my opinion. However, I did not make it and my guess is the coding interview--you probably cannot be less than 100% to get into Apple. I did not hear back from them. Not sure how much may other offer played into their decision. Oh well!

Interview Questions
    • Implement a += operator on a data structure designed to hold BASE 100 numbers consisting of an array of integers and the number of nonzero entries in the array.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Applied online using my apple ID and 3 weeks later I was emailed to schedule a first interview. It was a group of 5 people and lasted about 40 minuets, the interviewer asked 2 questions to all of us, 1) Recall a time you had to resolve an issue with an angry customer 2) How has an apple product/ service changed your life. Very easy and short interview. We were told we would be contacted in 7-10 days even if they were not going to move forward with us. I heard back 3 days later and scheduled my second interview. It was one on one with the store leader where I would be hired at. The second one was much more technical. Questions like, name the 3 mac desktops apple offers, similarities between the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 6, main difference between android and iOS, and tell me about the mac pro. Of course he also asked me why Apple? The second interview was only maybe 10 minuets and he told me i would be hearing back by the end of the week. 3 days later and I got an offer!

Definitely have someone from apple recommend you! I had 2 referrals and only had to go through 2 interviews. Usually its 4-6 total.

No negotiation

At Home Advisor - Apple Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

I sent in my resume for the Home Advisor customer support position on Jan 21 2015 afternoon, and did not realize i could apply for multiple positions in different cities which is important!!!. Then in the morning i applied for the Apple care position. I received an email at around 1:00pm from an Apple recruitment rep stating that they reviewed my application and are interested in learning more about me. They wanted me to email my resume for a second time and said if i match what they were looking for they would give me a call. In about 3 hours i received a call from the same rep at Apple. She asked me if i was still interested and asked me a few basic questions. The call took about 10 min. She told me i sounded enthusiastic and that if 1pm Tuesday the 27th would be good for a second interview on skype or facetime. She told me the starting wage would be $16.75 and that the interviewer would be going over that with me more on the call.

Interview Questions
    • What am i passionate about when i think customer support?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

The interview process is several interviews first is with a group of three or four other candidates . They make you watch an Apple corp video. They ask you all the same question, like why do you want to work here, what do you like about working with people etc.. very generic type of questions to see if you can communicate. Then the second step is with managers. I had two managers sit in and they asked me for examples that pertain to sales. I was over qualified for the position so I didn't get the job I also felt I was a bit too old as I walked out I inspected the group of people that would have been the department and everyone was at least 20 years younger and mostly male. Apple tends to hire mostly younger people, there are some that are over 40 mostly in managerial positions but below them are all younger.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, if you want the job and are right for it you will answer it correct. They just ask you about past situations and cases. They are never the same questions.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2015.

I was with a group of five people and we were interviewed by a recruiter. After introduction, we watched a video which depicts the company as a whole and it’s purpose. The video was about three minutes and then we discussed the video and talk about its brand and its mission.

The rest of the interview was straightforward. The recruiter passed on an ipad that has questions. We were to choose a question that we can answer that suits our experiences reflected on the resume. I choose one question that pertains to a previous experience and I was able to answer that without a problem. I filled out the application and check marked the locations where we desired to work.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They have a 2 or 3 part interview process. Phone interview first as a screening process. They basically just want to make sure you are well spoken and not insane. After the phone interview, if you pass, you will get invited to a hiring event at a retail location or regional office.

Interview Questions
    • "When is a situation when you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it"   Answer Question
    I was offered a 2nd interview, accepted interview

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I had four step interview process. The first two were phone interviews. One with the hr recruiter who basically just reviewed my resume and tried to align that to the job description. The second was with my manager who gave me an extremely vague description of my expected role.
    Following that I had two on site interviews, each with 4-6 interviewers. They asked many technical question, which were.. Well, technical.
    Four weeks later, I got a confirmation from them that they are ready to move forward, and 3 months from the initial interview I got the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Few question about macos which I didn't know the answer   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Got called in for a group interview, got called a day and a half later for a second interview with the Store Leader, told me he would keep in contact with me and two days later i was offered the job.