Apple

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,605 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in November 2014.

When you get there, they clap for you. Then you sit in a group of 20-30. You introduce yourself in front of everyone. Not really hard unless you're a shy person. We watched videos on what the positions are like. They care about the making the customers happy and building relationships rather than just sell the product. After the vids there were Q&A's. Then we split into groups of 5-6. Did role playing. My group was so funny so it was very easy to get used to everyone. Then we chose a number and the number we chose, we would be asked a random interview question. It was really easy. About 2-3 questions. They then told us the timeframe in which we would hear back and that was about it. It was fun for me because it wasn't like the normal interview. You were really interactive with everyone. I did the first interview yesterday and waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were involved in a difficult situation with someone and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

College Care Program Interview

Along with a resume you had to answer many different questions in regards to "What would you do?" hypothetical situations. Then, you were interviewed online through either FaceTime or Skype.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer and you had different personalities?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

There were 2 initial phone screens. The first one is purely technical and is moderately difficult. The second one is technical and behavioral. But that is a tough technical interview

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Very laid back interview process; the interviewers were managers at the local stores and were very friendly. They were open about the interview process and its timeframe, requirements, etc. I was not called back for a second interview, but still found the entire process to be very beneficial. Overall, it was a positive experience and helpful for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited funds to start your own business today, what kind of business would you make, what would you name it, and why?   Answer Question

Software Instrumentation Engineer Interview

reverse a string in place
    remove duplicates from a string
    allocate 3d array dynamically
    allocate 2d array dynamically
    implement stack using linked list
    find if a string is a palindrome
    usage of volatile and const keyword
    use of static keyword in c and c++
    use of virtual keyword in c++
    how to debug a faulty board
    comparison of spi and i2c
    how to debug faulty i2c connection

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Internal reference. Phone screening was simple and aimed at making sure I was pleasant and well-spoken. In-person interview was with head manager and senior manager along with two other candidates. Was simply asked about my background and times I experienced or gave great customer experiences. I was pleasant and to the point, which seemed to get the job done. Was brought in for a second in-person interview with the regional director and it was the same deal. Nothing too outlandish-- they just want to make sure you're a positive, optimisitic person who has a strong sense of what good customer service is. Showcasing passions outside the workplace is a strong way to position yourself as well. Passions are key at Apple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you helped teach someone else something in a work environment.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room for negotiation, but they pay well above average for retail.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I only had just one Skype Interview. The interview was mostly behavioral and situational. There were no technical questions about their products. Basically its all about saying how you will be empathetic towards the customer and address their emotional state before addressing their technical issue. The asked questions like, "Say a customer called in and was angry about how he just dropped his new iPad and the screen cracked, how would you react?" They also asked about your interest in technology and just basic things about previous jobs I've had

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were on a long phone call that exceeded past your work shift?   View Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Apple retail hiring event for a single store in my area. Similar to the other reviews. Did role playing where different people took turns being the specialist and the customer. Asked us why we were a good fit for Apple.

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I had the first phone interview, some basic behaviour questions had been asked. After 1 week, I was told to have the second phone interview. They had some tricky questions, but it's controllable. Then I was informed that they want me to have the third round, which is face to face. This is where I am at.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not like your manager at all?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

Went in to work on my Mac, hit it off with the genius pretty well, showed my knowledge of computers through the conversation (generally unnecessary but helpful in relating to him), asked about work life in Apple retail- let HIM bring up getting started in applying, got his card- (got his reference).

Applied online, hand delivered my resume.

Two interviews... one more today.

I'll finish this once I finish this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when someone pushed your buttons continuously- and how did you handle it?   View Answer