Apple

2,673 Interview Reviews

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I uploaded my documents to the Apple website, but did not hear back from them for several months. Once I heard back from them, they set up a phone interview sometime within the next couple of days. The phone interview was about an hour long and they asked personal (nothing illegal, haha), behavioral, and technical questions. The technical questions were not too difficult and I did not answer all of them correctly.

A few days later, they asked me to come in for an on-site interview, to which I agreed. I set up the flights, hotel, etc., with their input. I arrived the day before the interview. There are up to two days of interviews. Whether or not you get the interview on the second day depends upon how the first day went, they let you know that within a few hours after leaving.

The first day of interviews was with people whose team you would be joining. They mostly ask technical questions pertaining to knowledge you would need to do the job. They also ask you quite a few questions about anything technical on your resume that they may be interested in. For example, I had done a bit of C several years ago and one of the guys asked me some questions in C, which kind of threw me off since it had been so long since I had done any.

The second day of interviews was with people who are higher up in the food chain. They were still engineers, but engineering managers. There were still quite a few technical questions on this day, but they asked quite a few non-technical questions as well.

They offered me the position a few days after the interviews were over. They asked me how much I wanted to get paid, I gave them a number that was low (I was unaware of that at the time), and they counter-offered with something that was 20% higher.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some questions about C that one would not know the answer to unless if they had done it more recently than myself (several years ago for me). That kind of threw me off and I did not need to know C for the position. The guy said the only reason he asked me was because he studied computer science in university (two decades or so ago).   Answer Question

General Group Interview Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

About 30 people gathered at the store. We were shown a variety of videos and asked to pair off with the person next to us for a "get to know each other" introductions. Lastly we split into groups of 5 to trouble shoot an apple product and present to the group what our problem was and how we approached it.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite dish and what is a song that you like that would be considered a guilty pleasure.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

There were 2 interview dates, one being an on-campus behavioral-focused interview and the other being a series of interviews at Apple's HQ conducted by Apple's Finance Development Program analysts and upper-level management. The process was seamless and they even offered transportation (by shuttle) to the Apple campus.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few brainteasers to test critical thinking skills and your ability to respond under pressure   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager followed by two rounds of on sites. Everyone was very friendly and I had some very interesting discussions. The primary focus appears to be fit rather than evaluating technical chops. Even the recruiter was very prompt and kept me updated throughout the process unlike a lot of pikers who disappear as soon as something goes wrong.

The one big concern was that everyone I spoke to implied being overworked. Yet when asked they all felt that this was not affecting their work/life balance?!

Interview Questions
    • Interview was not difficult; standard programming questions. No brain teasers, infantile expectations of on-the-spot discovery of supra-optimal solutions to unheard of problems etc. Instead expect your resume to be endlessly dissected and get a barrage of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

I was told to expect an offer but never received one. I was told that the requisition I had applied against was withdrawn. I was left hanging for months and finally gave up. Not sure what to make of this but it caused an otherwise positive experience to end with a bad taste in the mouth.

Genius Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

You can only apply through their website. You then are invited to a hiring event. (I was never part of one of those, my interview was nine years ago.) If they like you, a Manager will contact you for a short phone interview, then have you come in for another. They dont really focus on technical knowledge , they teach you that. They focus on learning your personality and seeing how well you can handle customers.

Interview Questions
    • they give yiu a product or service they offer and ask you to run through a customer interaction about it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

three rounds of phone interviews. asked me some basic technical questions and mostly on what I am working on and their response on the interviews were really quick. whole interview was processed within 2 weeks.

no negotiation needed

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Three interviews spanned out across three months. Upon being hired the position originally interviewing for was fill and offered a lower position. The position applying for remained unfilled for a year while having me do the work of a creative with a Specialist title. After a year was promoted to creative (the job I was doing).

Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Every other review here is spot on. I don't think the "Hiring Events" changes much. It looks like stage one is really just to filter out the people who really don't get involved and/or have very little energy/enthusiasm. I get the impression that most people were invited back to round 2.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work in a diverse environment   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

The interview was about 45 minutes long, and asked pretty straight forward questions. Questions that are typically asked in these kind of interviews. The questions asked were pretty straight forward. The interviewer asked about data structures and time complexities

ITunes Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in December 2014.

When I first apply on May 2014 I got a call but wasn't able to answer and when I called back the recruiter told me that the position was filled but they will let me know when a new position open. On december 3rd 2014 6 months later I got an email from apple saying that there was a position about to be open and if I still be interested to work for them. Next day I got a call from a recruiter we spoke for like 20 minutes, we went over the job overview asked me a few questions, the pay, and 1 role play, after that he set me a live chat interview with a recruiter manager for the following week. The second interview went really good, the manager was really nice and let me be me which let you not be nervious. Once again we went over the position overview, pay etc... We did a couple of role plays and at the end of the interview she asked if I had any question and I said how I did in the interview? She said I did really good that she really liked how I responded, and the great customer service I have and that she was going to pass me for a third interview. This interview was going to be with the manager of the position I was applying for(iTunes Home Advisor Spanish). I schedule my interview 3 days after I had my second interview. This interview was mostly in spanish since the position was in spanish. This interview was just like the second one with similar questions but also had some trick questions as more depth in the job. mainly about customer service, and work with the iTunes. When doing the interview just be yourself and don't try to impress them they are looking for personality not for perfection or robots. Don't fake your way through the interview because you will get caught.