Apple

3.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied online. Got an initial informal phone call and a second phone call from a guy from the team. The questions were based on work experience and interest in the role. I really liked the interview. It was informal enough to not be dull and also they asked interesting questions instead of the usual boring ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2014.

After keeping my CV on file from a few months back, Apple contacted me regarding their London hiring event in which you simply register online and select a date and time that suits you.

The first stage was incredibly relaxed. You are asked to dress business casual and are usually with a large group. You have to spend 5 minutes talking to the person sitting next to you and introduce them to the group (they introduce you in turn), then have two group activities. The first being a presentation then a role-play. Remember that the specifics here do not matter, Apple are looking for a personality type only. So engage with those around you and stay positive.

The second stage was more intimate and the groups were smaller and held at the store you are applying for. Perhaps 6 people or so. Here you are asked a few competency questions regarding scenarios you've had to deal with at your current workplace etc. Again just try and stay relaxed, positive and honest. Even if you don't have the perfect answer, your personality might just be winning enough.

The final stage will come as a shock. Another group interview with the store manager and another senior. Expect about 10 people all of who already fit the Apple store mould. This time you are expected to speak a bit about yourself BUT also engage with the group and interviewers. Be able to converse, ask questions and show an interest. I also think at this point your interests and hobbies play a role. What you currently do etc really matters because it gives you something to talk about and the interviewers to pick up and engage you with.

Also be prepared to do some homework. A background check with Hire Right needs to be completed where you upload copies of your passport etc. It's a little daunting but must be done.

There were no one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us a bit about yourself" (final stage)   View Answer
    None.

Senior Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Process took approx 1 month, I was approached by a london recruiter.. Later I learned from Colleagues how touch a place apple marcom is to work. To people friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Director asked repeated questions, very boring and not engaging....   Answer Question

Credit Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Initial communications were done through a recruitment company, and had to be rescheduled a couple of times. The interviewer was thoughtful in the questions that they asked, but it was more of a free flowing interview around my CV rather than a more HR based competency based interview. There were also some thought questions that we discussed.

As the interview ended, the interviewer said that I'd be having another interview with the HR manager - however despite this being around two months ago I have yet to have any follow up, either as a formal rejection or to schedule the second interview.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

3 interview step process. Applied online with CV and cover letter. Contacted by email to attend 1st interview which was a hiring event with a group of 25 people. Lots of role play and presentations. Following day emailed to attend a 2nd interview. This time with 5 people and a store manager, store leader. Contacted again by email the following day and asked to complete a background check. Emailed for a 3rd interview a week later. This was 4 people and the Store team leader. Received a "Congratulations" phonecall 1 week later. 6 weeks passed with no official phone call with a job offer. "No full time positions are currently available".

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to take a risk" "Tell me about a time your boss asked you to do something you didn't want to do" "Tell me about a time you found something hard to pick up" "Why Apple?"   Answer Question

Red Zone Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

30-40 person assessment centre followed by 6 person interview with 2 managers on the interview panel. The assessment centre gave us an opportunity to show how we actively listen, how we engage with a customer and how we assess their specific needs. Apple hire your personality and they believe that through diversity that they can build strong retail teams.

N/A

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

A group interview with around 30 people.
    First the recruiters introduce Apple, showing you videos of what has made the company so successful, and how many stores they have a round the world. They then ask around the room if anyone has 'any ideas on what has made Apple stores succesful, and why this is.

The next stage of the interview is in smaller groups of 5-6, with each group given a customer profile. With the customer profile, you work in groups to suggest an apple product that would suit them.

The final stage is roleplay. Each person takes it in turns to act as either the employee and customer. The recruiters give the customer a scenario, and the two candidates act it out. The onus is on the 'employee' to ask questions to find out what the candidate needs, and to suggest a solution to their problem.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The interview is more a personality test, to see if you can provide good customer service, whilst being friendly.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

good filtering process, friendly but business like , hiring the right candidate is priority to ensure retention - first a chat with HR, then with recruiting manager, then formal interview with directors

Interview Questions
    • none - if you have done your research, and prepared strong examples with testimonial evidence   Answer Question

work life balance and circumstances had changed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

First interview was a group interview where there was roleplay and introducing the person next to us, we were given scenarios and had to choose a relevant apple product for the person in the scenario. The second interview was In a small room in applied store with about 5 people where you talk about situations you been in. Didn't get to stage 3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

There are 3 rounds.

1. The first is a group interview dependant on the store, its a large or small group. at this stage just try to be the extended version of yourself, nod and clap to everyones comments and speak confidently when its your turn to share. Dont be the guy who speaks over everyone or alternatively the person who says nothing at all find the happy medium.

2. The second interview is usually with a manager and one or two other people. Not a bad interview more about your skills and competency based questions.

3. The third and final interview is about yourself really, hobbies etc. (most people have the job by now).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something amazing that you've accomplished or achieved... On the spot its hard to think of something so be well prepped   Answer Question
    Be honest and demand what you want you got the job so they want you.