Apple Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied in mid June of 2015 and heard back around mid July 2015 with an email inviting me to a "Hiring Event" which occurred at the Apple store that I was applying too. There was about 15 of us when I got there. Basic group interview. They show you some videos explaining what it's like to work there and give brief introduction. After that everyone else gives a brief description. Once that was done, we split into two groups. The business leader was in my group and passed around an iPad which contained your normal interview questions. After everyone answered, he asked one final question to everyone, then the two groups met again. The Apple employee's asked us if we had any questions (definitely ask some) and then we handed in our resumes with a completed form (which you are asked to fill out. It contains your availability, locations you want to work out, and what Apple products that I have used.) They didn't say whether we would here back or not. About a week passed and I got call asking if I can come back in for a second interview with the market leader. Once that time came, she actually couldn't make it so ended up being myself with a business leader and hiring manager. They asked your typical interview questions. I brought up a lot of experiences with my previous job and it was pretty simple. They then said I would hear back from them within a week on whether or nor I was going to the next round. I got called then again exactly a week later asking to see if I can come in a week from then to finally meet with the market leader. Once that came up, I actually recognized people from the original group interview there. There was actually 5 of us (including me) all meeting up to talk to the market leader for the final interview. This one definitely felt more like a conversation than an interview. She just asked normal questions like "what would you do if a customer asked about an Apple Watch?". After that I was done, I received a call 4 hours later with an offer contingent with a completed background check. Definitely be yourself and try to have a bubbly personality. Be outgoing and not afraid to talk to people.

Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great experience for a group interview. Hiring manager was very professional and open. Let other speak and was intrigued when certain questions were asked. When applying remember to follow the instructions, at my event , i was the only one who actually listen and filled out the correct form.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online & got an email inviting me to a group interview ? Everyone in the room introduced themselves & mentioned what's their favorite app is. They showed about three videos of how it is to work for them on a daily. Then they paired us up into different groups. Each group had a recruiting manager. We had to pass around a iPad and read out loud the interview questions and answer them.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First one was a large group interview. Truly have no idea how they knew who was who. It seems pretty obvious that you have to find a way to stand out, and show that you can be fun and friendly when speaking in front of others. Second interview was conducted by HR at the store.

Interview Questions

• If you could show someone new to Apple one thing about something you love: what would it be and how would you demonstrate it.   1 Answer

At-Home Advisor- Mandarin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with first recruiter, shortly after would be another phone interview with a Mandarin speaker. If you passed, you will be interviewed by a second recruiter through webcam. Then you will be interviewed with the hiring managers through webcam. Both webcam interviews did role play questions. On my last webcam interview role play session, I wasn't prepared well. I forgot to congratulate the customer for his new purchase. I think they like you to connect with the customers first to establish a good relationship. Also to communicate with the customer of the commitment of solving their issues. All interviews happened in about a week. It's been a couple of weeks, I haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls in and says his new phone won't connect to wifi, what will you say to the customer?   1 Answer
    • Role play question: I just received my new ipad, however I didn't get a receipt. Do you know how I can get a receipt? How about a paper receipt?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brought to a group interview, conducted various team interviews. Met with managers from various area stores. Overall a positive experience. Group setting was in the room with about 30 other applicants. Management gave a very positive atmosphere for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience in which you interacted with a team.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called in for an Apple hiring event, participated and went through several different videos talking about what the stores were made out of and how great its employees are. Overall it was a very positive and beneficial experience. Raise your hand whenever possible to get yourself noticed. Didn't get the offer this time but I'll keep reapplying to try again. Don't feel discouraged if you don't get it the first time its a very competitive job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to integrate someone new into the workplace   Answer Question

Apple Store Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a pleasant and unique experience unlike other traditional interviewing processes. There were around 40 candidates in total. We started in the morning and the first two stages end around noon then we had interviews in the afternoon. The whole hiring process includes store tours, group projects and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you only had a little information about the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in to the interview confident that I had all the qualifications needed. After two weeks of applying I got call back. I went into the "talent coordinator's" office and she already seemed like she was in a bad mood. I kept a smile on the whole time and tried my best to bring a sparkle into her day.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our company? Be specific   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very friend and thorough. The interviewer wanted to know how the skills I have acquired would fit into the overall Apple's overall customer service objectives. In addition, they were interested in seeing if I had the right type of personality and people skills for this job. It was an excellent interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills that you have that can make you a great Apple employee.   1 Answer