Apple

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Mac Specialist (Apple Store)
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – If you are picked they email you for a group interview so be prepared for that.There is about 9 candidates that are within the group. They do ice breakers to get everyone's nerves out and have you introduce one of the candidates. It is the store manager and senior leader that do the interview process. By the way they take a lot of notes based off the answers you give to them.

Interview Question – Get to know all the latest on there products: hardware, software, and how it works. They will ask about all of it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met them at the career fair; they took a good look at my resume and offered an interview after a lengthy chat. Interview process started in-person with abstract questions, pattern recognizing activities (perhaps to measure problem solving skills), followed by more technical questions. They gave me a phone call interview after (which is not customary of the other intern positions I had applied for),and got the job two months after the call.

Interview Question – "What's the most creative way you can break a clock?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

FRS Interview

FRS
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I first passed a Tech Screen to ensure you can trouble shoot the phones and have a general technical knowledge base regarding mobile devices. Then I was interviewed one on one with the Senior Manager. Afterwards I was supped to be Interview by the Store Manager & Market Area Manager but it didn't happen. The store manager just ended up asking why I wanted it and then offered me the position.

Interview Question – Name 5 ways to save battery life on an iPhone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I actually applied for a full time position and after passing the tech screen and two interviews I was offered the position. After accepting the position I was informed that the Full Time spot was given to someone that transferred from another store and that I would be Part-Time.

Apple Store Leader Program Associate Interview

Apple Store Leader Program Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through college website and received an email saying I was selected for a phone screen. Talked to a nice recruiter about my leadership experience, what attracted me to the program, etc. Lasted about 15 minutes. Received an email with information about a preliminary background check and details about a hiring event.

The hiring event lasted one day. The day began at the store where we were broken off into small groups of about 9 people. We were given a tour and a whole spiel about why Apple is such an innovative company. Throughout the tour, the person leading it posed questions to the group such as "What do you notice about the store layout?" or "What do you think makes Apple products different?" The objective is to get recognized. Speak loudly and clearly, and of course, SMILE! Later, the groups are given a scenario and asked to come up with a solution to present to everyone. Each person in the group speaks. This is really your chance to shine. While your group is brainstorming, managers will be watching you and taking notes. It is not as intimidating as it sounds.

The second half of the day takes place at a hotel where they conduct a one-on-one and a one-on-two interview with managers. They asked me a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions related to leadership.

There was a lot of quality talent at this event. One of my friends who got an offer is a generally cheery person and was always the first to answer questions and served as the group spokesperson during presentations. If you are a good public speaker then you are already one step ahead of everybody. In my opinion, they are looking for personality over intelligence, people who are friendly and can articulate well. I enjoyed participating even though I didn't get the gig.

Oh, and the dress code wear something hip and not too formal. Most girls wore a nice blouse and some pants. Guys wore nice sweaters or button-ups.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to use incomplete information to make a decision   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview

Apple Family Room Specialist
Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Theirs a 3 Panel interview.First is a seminar full of people. They will ask you to introduce yourself. (Name, Hobbies, and Do you ever use an apple product. if so what is it. That's how they know who you are.) They will show you a small clip video of how Apple grows as a company and small interview of their employee statement of what they think about apple. Their will be at lest 4-5 General managers (AKA Store Leader) and the main boss called Market Leader (AKA District manager). Then they will ask, What do you think about the video? Who ever answer the question will move up to the next level. Who ever don't answer will not.***** Once they pick you, They will do an One to One Interview with all 5 Managers including the Market Leader.
Question 1: Info about yourself.
Question 2: Hobbies again.
Question 3: Explain a time that you had the best customer service. It could be anywhere and they want details.
Question 4: Have you use an Apple product before. If so, which one and tell them what you think about it. ** Tricky Question because this question are base of what you know about apple.
Then they will tell you about themselves and what they looking for to hire.
Last they will end it with "Do you have any Question for them" Make sure you do ask.
I ask them when do I start. From their they will decide if you are the perfect fit. If your Lucky, 1 out of 1million, they will hire you.

Interview Question – One manager ask, "If we hire you today, how can you impact and enrich our customer with our technology Apple".   View Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Family Room Specialist
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Applied internally within Apple as a Specialist.

Interviewed initially by floor manager in a 1-on-1 situation. Questions relate to ability to handle more complicated interactions. Manager will usually focus on previous areas of growth / concern to make sure you're up to the new challenges of the role.

After successful interview, second round was a group interview with store manager. During previous applications, a regional manager was sometimes present and active in presenting questions and listening to answers.

Questions will usually touch upon any recent policy changes, so ideally have an opinion upon those as well as suggestions for improvements where appropriate. Confidence is essential for FRS and Genius positions, don't be hesitant and be careful of your body language, as some managers place undue weight on it.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer the position and state the compensation.

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – Long drawn out process, meet good people, but the off chance that it doesn't work out by the end of several interviews (3-4 weeks waiting with 2 interviews in that time frame) and you are left with no job and back out to the streets to find some other opportunities? Thanks a lot

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Apple?   View Answer

Sales Trainer Interview

Sales Trainer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – Online application required a resume attached to the detailed application. Once I had a completed online application the waiting began. I must have waited over 30 days or so for a response of my application. The letter I got was generic, thank you for you interest and we will contact you if we are interested in you. Then nothing again for over a month. I certain they get 100's if not 1000's of applications for positions open. I attempted to obtain an interview, however no such luck. I didn't get a rejection letter no response to my inquiries...

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult question directly.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – Casual interview in a hotel lobby.

Interview Question – Can you manage our companies lack of attention and immature processes supporting enterprise customers?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was only after applying online for about 8 months that I finally met someone who's husband was a manager at the store. After that the process was relatively straight forward but still involved about three interviews and a decent amount of waiting time in between them.

Interview Question – They were all pretty standard questions, it was very helpful that I brought questions of my own though.   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!