Apple Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.8

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Been through the interview process a few time with two different markets. I've been to three hiring seminars, big groups often held in a hotel ballroom. Everyone introduces themselves, they show a presentation, and then break into groups. They look for those who stand out and have knowledge of the company. During the group interview is when they ask more customer service based questions that involve Apple products. I believe this is where you can shine the most if you're well versed with Apple products. Every time I went to a hiring seminar I got a callback for a store interview. The callbacks depend on the store, I always received mine within 24 hours of the seminar. If you make it past the first store interview there's still a few more interviews to go through before you get to the offer. I've made it far, but never got to the last interview before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a someone above you and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

I was referred through the company website from a friend who works at Apple. I went to a group interview where it was ALL Apple and makes you not want to do a low-pay job anywhere else. Picked for 2nd interview. Thought it went well. Did not get job. Friend says they hired 5 20-somethings then beat the hell out of them working for the latest iPhone launch.

Interview Questions
    • They seem to not care about technical prowess or diversity of employees - want customer service, minions to control, miss Steve. Jobs.   Answer Question

FRS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I first passed a Tech Screen to ensure you can trouble shoot the phones and have a general technical knowledge base regarding mobile devices. Then I was interviewed one on one with the Senior Manager. Afterwards I was supped to be Interview by the Store Manager & Market Area Manager but it didn't happen. The store manager just ended up asking why I wanted it and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name 5 ways to save battery life on an iPhone.   View Answer
    I actually applied for a full time position and after passing the tech screen and two interviews I was offered the position. After accepting the position I was informed that the Full Time spot was given to someone that transferred from another store and that I would be Part-Time.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in June 2014.

If you are picked they email you for a group interview so be prepared for that.There is about 9 candidates that are within the group. They do ice breakers to get everyone's nerves out and have you introduce one of the candidates. It is the store manager and senior leader that do the interview process. By the way they take a lot of notes based off the answers you give to them.

Interview Questions
    • Get to know all the latest on there products: hardware, software, and how it works. They will ask about all of it.   Answer Question

Apple Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Theirs a 3 Panel interview.First is a seminar full of people. They will ask you to introduce yourself. (Name, Hobbies, and Do you ever use an apple product. if so what is it. That's how they know who you are.) They will show you a small clip video of how Apple grows as a company and small interview of their employee statement of what they think about apple. Their will be at lest 4-5 General managers (AKA Store Leader) and the main boss called Market Leader (AKA District manager). Then they will ask, What do you think about the video? Who ever answer the question will move up to the next level. Who ever don't answer will not.***** Once they pick you, They will do an One to One Interview with all 5 Managers including the Market Leader.
    Question 1: Info about yourself.
    Question 2: Hobbies again.
    Question 3: Explain a time that you had the best customer service. It could be anywhere and they want details.
    Question 4: Have you use an Apple product before. If so, which one and tell them what you think about it. ** Tricky Question because this question are base of what you know about apple.
    Then they will tell you about themselves and what they looking for to hire.
    Last they will end it with "Do you have any Question for them" Make sure you do ask.
    I ask them when do I start. From their they will decide if you are the perfect fit. If your Lucky, 1 out of 1million, they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • One manager ask, "If we hire you today, how can you impact and enrich our customer with our technology Apple".   View Answer

Family Room Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Applied internally within Apple as a Specialist.

Interviewed initially by floor manager in a 1-on-1 situation. Questions relate to ability to handle more complicated interactions. Manager will usually focus on previous areas of growth / concern to make sure you're up to the new challenges of the role.

After successful interview, second round was a group interview with store manager. During previous applications, a regional manager was sometimes present and active in presenting questions and listening to answers.

Questions will usually touch upon any recent policy changes, so ideally have an opinion upon those as well as suggestions for improvements where appropriate. Confidence is essential for FRS and Genius positions, don't be hesitant and be careful of your body language, as some managers place undue weight on it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you were unable to meet a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer the position and state the compensation.

Apple Store Leader Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied through college website and received an email saying I was selected for a phone screen. Talked to a nice recruiter about my leadership experience, what attracted me to the program, etc. Lasted about 15 minutes. Received an email with information about a preliminary background check and details about a hiring event.

The hiring event lasted one day. The day began at the store where we were broken off into small groups of about 9 people. We were given a tour and a whole spiel about why Apple is such an innovative company. Throughout the tour, the person leading it posed questions to the group such as "What do you notice about the store layout?" or "What do you think makes Apple products different?" The objective is to get recognized. Speak loudly and clearly, and of course, SMILE! Later, the groups are given a scenario and asked to come up with a solution to present to everyone. Each person in the group speaks. This is really your chance to shine. While your group is brainstorming, managers will be watching you and taking notes. It is not as intimidating as it sounds.

The second half of the day takes place at a hotel where they conduct a one-on-one and a one-on-two interview with managers. They asked me a lot of "tell me about a time..." questions related to leadership.

There was a lot of quality talent at this event. One of my friends who got an offer is a generally cheery person and was always the first to answer questions and served as the group spokesperson during presentations. If you are a good public speaker then you are already one step ahead of everybody. In my opinion, they are looking for personality over intelligence, people who are friendly and can articulate well. I enjoyed participating even though I didn't get the gig.

Oh, and the dress code wear something hip and not too formal. Most girls wore a nice blouse and some pants. Guys wore nice sweaters or button-ups.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use incomplete information to make a decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Long drawn out process, meet good people, but the off chance that it doesn't work out by the end of several interviews (3-4 weeks waiting with 2 interviews in that time frame) and you are left with no job and back out to the streets to find some other opportunities? Thanks a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canoga Park, CA

Hiring event where they see many people at once, and if they like you, they call you back. Then received 2 interviews with two different managers, then called back for interview with store leader. He liked me so I got the job. Pretty straight forward questions about what you like about apple, your experience with apple, your people skills, your personality. standard interview questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Casual interview in a hotel lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Can you manage our companies lack of attention and immature processes supporting enterprise customers?   Answer Question