Apple

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mac Genius

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Overall the interview process is fairly straight forward, you are first called in for a group interview and then from there you may have up to five one-on-one interviews. I recently finished the group interview which had around 20 applicants. It started by having each applicant introduce themselves including their background and what they're passionate about. From there they show several videos about what it's like to work for Apple and after each there's a discussion on things that you noticed from the video and how service from Apple is different from other retail stores. Next they split us up into two groups and they had us pass around an iPad with different interview questions that we answer in front of the entire group. Expect four interview questions each and then one group question which is basically asking why you would make a good Apple employee. Finally they allow for any questions that you have and then you're finished.

Interview Question – There wasn't one question in particular, but most of the interview questions are extremely customer service based so if you don't have mush experience in that field then you may struggle.   Answer Question

Mac Genius

I applied in-person and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interview generally consists of determining a personality type more than testing for skills. As long as you have a generally good way with people and a solid head on your shoulders, you should be fine. Be a team player. Each interview is with a manager of higher and higher caliber.

Interview Question – The hardest questions were about past challenges, what you would do in ambiguous situations, what you could add to the team, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Plano, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of 5 or 6 interviews which would allow you to reach the next stage in candidacy. I thought it was a bit long of an interview process because I knew more than everyone in the room so in my opinion, there should have been an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – What would you consider your greatest weakness?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Three different interviews, if you apply externally, you require a panel interview.

Interview Question – Why Apple?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very flexible

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and waited for a call back. They called a week later and scheduled an interview. The interview lasted ten minutes, then I was hired as a salesperson (Specialist). It took four years to get promoted to Genius.

Interview Question – none. completely laid back interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. I was in no position to negotiate.

Walnut, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – When through a phone interview first and then followed up with 2 interviews with the store manager. They made us feel as though none of us were going to get the job and all of us did

Interview Question – Name a time when you had stress in the workplace and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Process was a little disorganized on Apple's end. After a phone interview with a recruiter, I went to the group interview at Apple's sales office that has been described by others. I then spoke with four Store Managers and met in person with an Apple recruiter and three Store Managers in several interviews.

Interview Question – Technical questions were surprisingly basic and the expected answers to at least two were incorrect.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not within the range that the recruiter quoted.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Apple in November 2010.

Interview Details – Group Interview

Negotiation Details – I said yes and took the money.

Monterey, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone interview, they asked for basic information. Why you want to work for apple etc. Was scheduled a panel interview. Which consists of Genius manager, genius and the Family room manager. Overall, they asked basic behavioral questions, with some technical questions.

Interview Question – Do you know what IMAP is? And what are its benefits?   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews and full background and credit check

Interview Question – What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!