Apple Mac Genius Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Typical behavioral and qualification questions. They asked me stuff like where i see myself in five years and how well i work with customers. It was overall a very chill and easy interview. Basic flowing conversation back and forth about my experience and my interests in the company.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult problem you encountered and how you came to solve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I did four interviews as a group. The first was the hiring event I was invited to by a recruiter. The second interview was with a hiring manager at one of the Apple stores. The third interview was with another hiring manager. The last interview was with the marketing manager at one of the Apple stores. We weren't asked any technical questions. It was mainly to figure out your personality and how you'd interact with customers and how well you handle difficult situations. I applied for Genius, but am working as a Specialist. Not a big deal though. From the 1st to last interview was a total of about 2 weeks. It was really a quick process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a disgruntle customer.   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was contacted via Email by the store manager, and selected a time from the slots available for that day. There were 6 of us in that group, and we were escorted into a room where we watched a few videos that provided a general feel for the type of people Apple is looking for, store design, and role definition. Not much attention is paid to how much you know, it seems to be more about feeling out your personality and seeing you you are cut from the same cloth as the people you would be working with. I actually like this approach, I feel like its not the type of job youre going to get giving canned responses you think they want to hear. Store manager was super friendly and the interview, while not a big fan of these cattle call style interviews, was not overcrowded and directed quite well. At the end we were told 24-36 would be needed to make a decision about next steps.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in January 2015.

Interview

Its a three step interview. First interview is a group interview with about 5 people to a group. Second interview is with a team lead from a apple store you applied for, and the last interview unfortunately i didn't make it that far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out for no reason...I'm well qualified but interview process was horrible. I've had 8 interviews over the course of 3 months. It's overrated. I actually like and am enthusiastic about Apple products have a great personality (so I'm told) but through 8 interviews I get nothing.

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Overall the interview process is fairly straight forward, you are first called in for a group interview and then from there you may have up to five one-on-one interviews. I recently finished the group interview which had around 20 applicants. It started by having each applicant introduce themselves including their background and what they're passionate about. From there they show several videos about what it's like to work for Apple and after each there's a discussion on things that you noticed from the video and how service from Apple is different from other retail stores. Next they split us up into two groups and they had us pass around an iPad with different interview questions that we answer in front of the entire group. Expect four interview questions each and then one group question which is basically asking why you would make a good Apple employee. Finally they allow for any questions that you have and then you're finished.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one question in particular, but most of the interview questions are extremely customer service based so if you don't have mush experience in that field then you may struggle.   Answer Question

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview generally consists of determining a personality type more than testing for skills. As long as you have a generally good way with people and a solid head on your shoulders, you should be fine. Be a team player. Each interview is with a manager of higher and higher caliber.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were about past challenges, what you would do in ambiguous situations, what you could add to the team, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was a little disorganized on Apple's end. After a phone interview with a recruiter, I went to the group interview at Apple's sales office that has been described by others. I then spoke with four Store Managers and met in person with an Apple recruiter and three Store Managers in several interviews.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were surprisingly basic and the expected answers to at least two were incorrect.   Answer Question

Salary was not within the range that the recruiter quoted.

Mac Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Interview process is long and arduous it consists of 3 rounds the first one being a group interview, second being initial manager interview, and third being regional manager interview. It is an extremely difficult process especially given the fact that people are always look over at you to make sure you are not "looking" for answers in the distances. The first interview is a general introduction interview and most decent applicants get passed that and onto the second one where it becomes tough.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Apple?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Madison, WI).

Interview

First, there was a hiring event, with generic "what-if" and "how did you..." questions. The next day was a panel interview with the market leader and other store leaders from the rest of the market, followed by a direct interview with the store leader for the store I'd be working with. Following that, I had three additional interviews with the remaining members of the leadership team, which included a tech screen, to make certain that I had at least a modicum of understanding of basic computer concepts. I did "ok." After hiring, I was informed that I was the first person in 4 or 5 years to be directly hired into this position at this store, so while it would be hypocritical of me to say, "Don't bother attempting to be hired directly into the Genius position," I will say that it doesn't happen often and had not occurred in the two years that I was with the company.

Interview Questions

• It's been quite some time, so I can't recall specific questions, but I'll say that it is incredibly important to have experience with situations where you've needed to manage your time, work in difficult scenarios, overcome adversity with team members, and prepare answers for ways in which you handled those scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations with Apple. Well, let me rephrase that: based on what I had read of the negotiation process, I did not bother negotiating, as it was pretty clear that this was the offer and that is that. I did give a range of wages that I was willing to accept and the offer was above the minimum, although just barely.