Apple

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very clear & concise, the interviewer was very passionate about Apple and she asked a lot questions about Apple products. She also asked where do I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Question – What did not live up to your expectations   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online resume submission, group interview with recruiter, interview with manager, final interview with store leader

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagree with a policy or direction   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in December 2010.

Interview Details – Group seminar interview, then follow up interview. Management interview was a panel of store leaders and market leaders. Two rooms with a panel of 3-4 people in each room.

Interview Question – If I were walking down the street and swathe New York Times on the ground with my face on the cover, what would the headline say?   Answer Question

Tukwila, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email from recruiter setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had two panel interviews with 4 people in each panel.

Interview Question – Why would it leave a job I enjoy at Starbucks to pursue Apple?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered 15% more than I asked for.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in November 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed and when i get this job i got surprised and this amazed me..

Interview Question – Why did u select this job ?   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter via email about my interest in an opening. I responded with interest and we had a phone screen two days later. It was a pretty generic "get to know you" kind of call, not tough at all. That must have went well enough because I was passed on to the hiring manager for an actual phone interview which took place two days later. This one was a little bit tougher, the questions ranged from technical to management style etc. The following week I was contacted again by the recruiter, stating they wanted to meet me in person. Since I'm not located near the employer, I was put in contact with an interview and travel coordinator who instructed me how to book arrangements for the trip. I flew out a couple of weeks later for a day long interview. It was all one-on-ones, with 11 different people. It was a pretty long day and a tough interview overall. Most of it was covering my experience, specific challenges I faced, how I handled specific situations. There was a technical slant as well. There were no real off the wall questions - just direct and focused on my experience. This was followed by another final phone interview in the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where two of your team members were not working together. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Give an example where you were technically challenged to find a solution. What did you do?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied to the position online, and was contacted 5 months later. I was very happy with my job, but curious to see what was out there.

The initial conversation went over my experience and was super positive loved the energy of the individual!), and then I was asked to speak to a second individual...this is where my interaction went down hill. Thinking we would go more in depth over the phone, it was nothing like that. I was mostly asked about my love for Apple products, and as soon as the recruiter got on the phone all they spoke about was how tired they were and I could hear them yawning! Unfortunately, to me energy on the phone is important.

I received an email letting me know they would keep in touch, and get back to me after their crazy schedule died down. I emailed months later with no reply. I decided to contact another individual who was extremely helpful, but said the first recruiter said I did not have enough experience and I would need to get into contact with the first person. How would the first person know I am inexperienced, if she never asked about my experience and it was 6 months prior when we had spoken? She also said I should ask her about other positions to start off with Apple.

The interaction completely ruined my initial perception of Apple as a happy, friendly place.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the Apple product?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – From speaking with those in comparable roles, I did not pursue position further because of low pay.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – Started with an interview over the phone with the regional recruiter then moved to in person 1:1 interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for Apple   View Answer
  • Tell me a time where you had to give feedback to someone and what that lloked like.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for many positions at Apple. Because of my previous experience in supervision/management I was offered a manager position.

First, went to the recruitment seminar. Attended with about 18 other applicants. We were required to be there 15 minutes early, I'm assuming to see if we're awkward around the other applicants because there was really no other reason for it. Managers from stores around the area then asked us to introduce ourselves to the group (had to include name, why we're there, what we've been up to, and a unique fact). We watched a couple of videos about Apple, answered a few questions about products and experiences, and then went into a group activity. We paired up, interviewed each other while the managers paruze'd the room, and then had to present the other person as a viable candidate. Overall it was really fun and low-stress. Let your personality show. That's what they want... not expertise in technology or an over-achiever with their hand always in the air.

After this I was called for an interview at the store. I met with the manager. Interview questions were standard.

About 2 days after this interview I was emailed asking permission for a background check. Filled everything out, zippidy doo.

I was then called about a week later for a 3rd interview with another store manager. Again, interview questions were standard.

4th interview is really just a "blessing".

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to abandon a project?   Answer Question
  • What is a piece of feedback you have received from either a supervisor or a peer that you found surprising?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and they contacted me via email to set up a date for a one to one interview. After the first interview, they said I would have to interview with 2 more people. They made time for me to interview 2 and 3 on the same day so I didn't have to come back twice. I was confident that I had the job after the first interview. One advice for the interview is to just keep talking.

Interview Question – Why Apple? Why now?   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!