Apple Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Tukwila, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from recruiter setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had two panel interviews with 4 people in each panel.

Interview Questions

• Why would it leave a job I enjoy at Starbucks to pursue Apple?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered 15% more than I asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I interviewed and when i get this job i got surprised and this amazed me..

Interview Questions

• Why did u select this job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted after the hiring manager was given my resume. A quick face to face interview was arranged for the same day with the hiring manager, as well as one of the technologists in the group. Both went very well, and I was asked to come back for a full day interview. The first several individuals I talked with asked intelligent, insightful questions about my experience, background, and managment style. I also was asked to teach some aspect of my technical experience to one of the interviewers, which went very well. The third interviewer was apparently the technical screen. He came into the interview room and immediately went to the white board with a rather obscure technical problem. I muddled through it with some occasional suggestions from the interviewer, who was texting on his iPhone the entire time, and got the right answer. The next problem problem that required a formula I hadn't encountered since college, so I described what I would do if I could remember the formula. He then impatiently jumped to the board and did the problem, and quickly excused himself outside the room. There, he proceeded to talk to either the hiring manager or the staffing employee so loudly about the interview that I could have heard it if I was deaf. After over hearing some rather disparaging comments, he left and the staffing rep came in and said the interview was over and I wouldn't be talking to the remaining people that were scheduled, which was fine with me at that point.

Interview Questions

• Find the frequency response of a two stage, coupled RC network   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in June 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was then initially contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview time. The screening interview with the HR person took nearly 45 minutes. We went over my resume and background and the position they were hiring for. He then told me that he wanted me to interview with the hiring manager. It took a couple of weeks before that was set up. This interview was more in-depth and I thought it went well, but I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Apple is an exciting company to work for. There were close to 14 interviews. The staffing person was great, with incredible follow-up and detailed communication. Understanding the Apple Culture is a big plus. There are many employees who grew up at Apple thus it is important to have influencing skills and energy.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer ask very detailed tactical questions regarding financials et'al of a past program -   Answer Question

The compensation was not competitive

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met 2 interviewers and the whole process is about 1 hour. Pleasant experience and was asked to meet another division manager was not able to locate that person. Didnt hear back from them 3 weeks after the interview but position is still open not sure what is wrong here but feedback from recruiter was positive.

Interview Questions

• How is your relationship with your previous managers?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

This review is for Corporate, not Retail Apple Store. This is to make you aware of Apple's hiring process, not to influence whether or not Apple is a good company to work for.

I love Apple product and I believe Apple will continue to make difference to people's lives.

My interview was with 10 people, 7 different phases. This includes a Director whose position is 2 level below Apple CEO - Tim Cook. The interview went for 1.5 months and they decided to reject me in the 5th month via email.

Massive effort and time put into this: day offs, preparation, writing thank you notes, and some nervousness if I get the job or not. The most offensive thing was there were no courtesy phone calls from them to provide an update on the progress after the final interview. They left me hanging for 3.5 months. When phoned, they simply said, no timing and no decision yet.

I'm happy with the outcome of not joining Apple. I want to work for a company who has consistent process, proper training, coaching, promotion system, great culture, and valuing the people.

Be prepare to spend time and effort if you decided to apply.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy if you know your field. In fact, Some of the questions they asked were not quality questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview

Met the area manager in the store and then went to a pair of seats in the middle of the shopping mall where the store is located. Manager seemed to be challenged by the fact that I was wearing a shirt and tie to the interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you say if I told you we don't look at sales numbers?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview

General interview questions.
    Plus questions about why I want to leave my current job, and why I want to relocate.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview

I came in twice. The first time, I had three 30-minute interviews with three different people, the last segment being with two people. The second time I came in, I had four 30-minute interviews, each with one person. I received an offer two days after that. Everyone I interviewed with was very pleasant.

Although my process was fairly quick, I do know people who interviewed, then received an offer up to eight months later. It's just a staffing thing.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've improved a department's process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was satisfied with my offer, so did not negotiate. However, I have in the past, and my advice is to do your homework. You need to have concrete reasons for asking for what you want, such knowing that raises do not come often and knowing what the competitive salaries are for your position in your city. I once negotiated for a week and a half for a raise. You rarely get what you're asking for, so always ask for more.