Apple Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

2.8

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Whole process took just shy of 4 weeks, from the time I submitted my application to job offer. I was invited for an interview about 3 days after I submitting the job application. First interview was as a group and it can range from 3 to 5 other individuals total including myself. Questions asked were fairly typical, mostly behavioral questions on how you deal with customers and some technical ones, like your favorite Apple product. Interview lasted 1 hour. Was offered a 2nd interview through email later in the day. Second interview was a one on one with a store leader. Very quick, lasted maybe 15 minutes. Again, behavioral questions and past customer service experiences. Was invited to a third interview a few days later. It was a 1 on 2, store manager and store leader. Very quick again, maybe 10 minutes at the most. Was offered the position after the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you did not satisfy a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

First interview was a group of 5 at the regional office in manhattan. One interviewer asking us all questions then started asking us each a specific question. Really relaxing interview if you're confident about speaking with people. A great way to stand out from the others.

Second interview was held at the store with the Store leader. WAY more nerve racking because you're almost there. This is one on one but sometimes two on one.

Still waiting on my response.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

I applied online for the Specialist position for two particular stores in my area. Within 2 weeks I got an automated response email, that had a link to RSVP my interview.

1. Show up early and get to mingle with the current staff & with other candidates
    2. You will most likely be in a group interview consisting 2 to 5 candidates
    3. In the beginning of the interview is basic introduction going around the room introducing yourself, recent accomplishment, and why Apple?
    4. Two rounds of random questions that is directed to each individual.
    5. Fill out your basic info & days available to work. Plus which Apple products you are familiar with.
    6. Lastly any questions you may have for the recruiters.

*If you do well, there will 1 to 2 other interviews at another time.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How would you introduce a new employee to a current employee.
      2. Explain a time you took a risk, and if that risk benefited you or not.
        Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Four interviews! First a phone screening, second a group interview, third with a manager and final with the GM. Make sure your application essay is upbeat and very cheery. The people that read them probably screen a hundred an hour. Phone interview came from California, group interview is usually 4-6 people with tasks to see how much of a 'team player' you are. Third interview may be with another candidate, mine was. Final interview depends on the GM- mine had a superiority complex so she had an employee sit behind her taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves weren't so great- however there were odd circumstances which seemed to dampen my mood.   View Answer

Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

I first receive an email asking me to go on site for the first round interview. First round was quite easy. Just sit together talk and test your team collaborations. There was three rounds of interview each takes about 2 hours.

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

I applied online and was invited to a group interview. The group interview sucked, everybody interrupted each other, and they seem to have a favoritism for current Starbucks employees. I applied for a sales position or genius one but instead was offered a family room specialist one which I wasn't interested in.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was personally rude to you?   Answer Question

Because the pay was low.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Applied online, heard back in a week and was scheduled for an interview in NYC. The interview was a group interview, very laid back. Was told there will be 2 more interviews if you passed this step. It was just their effort in putting a face to the many resumes they get.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very easy mostly talking about your work experience and your experience with apple products.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2013.

The interview/hiring process was more steps than I expected. I went through three phone calls and four on-site interviews with different associates each time. I wouldn't call the interviews tough. It seemed to me the interviewers were essentially making it up as they went, with little to know structure. I mean that in a positive way; I felt like I was simply having a conversation with the interviewers (one interviewer took me on a walk where we stopped in a nearby park and carried on the interview while sitting in the grass). I think their methods allow both interviewer and interviewee to gain a good understanding of each other.

Interview Questions
    • They throw together mock scenarios to test your critical thinking about solution generation. My questions revolved around Apple devices in an education setting. You just have to know the best device for the job and how to best implement. Go in knowing the current production line back and forth and little bit about the networking side and you won't have any trouble.   Answer Question

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Group interview first, then manager from the store you're selected in interviews you and if you pass then the store leaders interview you. After the process which can take about a month, you get an offer and training is around 2 weeks.

No negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in April 2013.

Group interview with market leader and flagship leaders. Two separate rooms. 4 people in each room. Dress casual smart. I don't think you need a tie or anything. You get one to few questions each leader.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to resolve a conflict?
      Name a time you turned a underperforming employee to a really engaged employee.
        Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!