Apple Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Family Room Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Extensive interview for retail, but standard for any other job. Apply online (only), 2-3 in-person interviews. Tech interest is important, but truly, I feel Apple hires based on communication and engagement. You need to demonstrate patience with odd questions or people, the ability to diffuse heated situations with customers, and have an optimistic, service-orientated communication.

Upon hiring, you have 2 weeks of training on customer service and engagement followed by in-store shadowing and tech training.

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on first week of january. Got an email, that they accepted my application a couple of minutes after filling out the form they have on their website. the process wait was long, i almost forgot about my application. fast forward to march, i received an email stating that they have reviewed my application, and would want to speak to me over the phone. a week later we spoke over the phone. it was a very casual conversation. they asked me about my employment history, education, the whole nine yards. the last question was do i see myself with apple in 5 years. and i said no. lol everything was going great unto that point. the interviewer was nice enough to tell me that they are looking for someone who would stay.

Interview Questions

• Why apple?
      do i see myself working with apple in 5 years?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a design internship. The interviewing process took about 4 weeks and had one in-person interview, one on skype and one phone call. Everyone I talked to was really friendly and I felt super comfortable. They were all very interested in what I had to say and were clear when answering the questions I gave them. Everything was super smooth and organized!

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in November originally for a leadership position in NYC. I got an email request for a 15 min "Getting to Know You" phone/FaceTime interview about 3 weeks later. I replied to the email informing the recruiting team of my availability but I never received a message back. Instead, I got a computered-generated interview request email (which was actually better) right before the New Years.

About 2 weeks later I had a group interview with 4 other people at the regional office in Manhattan. I brought my resume which the interviewer requested as soon as we sat down in one of the glass meeting rooms. It was a pretty interesting environment; some people were clearly here to get this job and they weren't about to trip up; definitely heard a few practiced answers. Try to remember everyone's names. Its the polite thing to do, plus the interviewer will use their names and it would look awful if she asked you answer after Jane and you don't remember who's who.

The interviewer was very nice and disarming. She explained that there were various openings in the region and to not feel like you we had to compete to the death to impress her lol The first question was of course Why Apple? Try to go first or second. You don't know why everyone else is there and it could be the same reason why you're there. Doesn't come off well if you say, "yeah same here."

The questions were round-table style, where everyone was asked to answer the question, and in no specific order, so use this time to stand out from everyone else. Don't get lost in your answers though; some got a little tongue-tied or rambled. Didn't look or sound good at all. This style of interview went on for about 30 min. Then an iPad with various work situations was passed around asking each person to briefly describe how he or she dealt with one of the issues. This produced some on your toes responses as you didn't know which conflict you would get.

About three days later I got a second group interview request which took place in the same location about a week later. I brought my A game this time. I was prompt, polite and pleasant to the other interviewees (which I genuinely am lol). I was grouped with 4 other people, none of whom were in my first interview. The first question again was why do we want to work for Apple; this is not the time to preach to the choir. Give legitimate reasons why. "I like to teach people" if you're going for creative, or "I used to be in charge of inventory at my last job" or what have you.

This 2nd meeting was less structured; the interviewer asked an open-ended question to the group and we had to answer using examples from our work history. Again, keep your stories concise and avoid tangents. Maintain eye contact with everyone not just the interviewer. Engage with your audience by paying attention to what they say as well as their names. It shows your listening skills. Also, know what position you want and if it's part or full time. Try to get full if you can. Apparently it's hard to change after you start. This 2nd interview lasted for about 45 minutes to an hour. The time flew by. I brought my resume but the interviewer had a copy of it on his iPad. Better to be prepared.

I got a request a week later for a one-on-one interview at the beginning of February. I brought my resume again, and arrived 10 minutes early versus 15-20 min for the group interviews. This time the interviewer was from upper management and asked me more job-related specificity questions, like where do I want to work in the city, what's my availability, which job to you want to do and if I was okay with starting as a specialist and working my way up. It lasted about 20 minutes but it was definitely the best of my first three interviews.

Then it got complicated. I had an interview in late February with the store leaders at the store I was recommended for, which lasted about 35 minutes. It was basically all the same questions I had already answered, except less stressful and more personable, and discussing my availability options. Employees that I had waited with beforehand said if that if I got this far, the job was mine. That was definitely reassuring and calming seeing as it was my fourth interview.

Another week goes by and I get a 10 min phone call from the store to confirm my application details and to set up a FaceTime meeting with the shift manager for my desired shift. Two days later, and I have my 5th meeting discussing how the shift is run. I had my 6th meeting with the store about 1 week after that, finally confirming my hiring.

It was a long, stressful and ardous interview process that lasted more than 3 months, but its all worth it. If you can get past the group interviews and get a one-on-one interview, the odds will definitely be in your favour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Apple?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to take up a leadership role, regardless of your position? *Doesnt have to be a work-related issue*   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had an upset customer, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • What is something you have to work on to better yourself as an employee/leader?   1 Answer
    • What was your first experience with an Apple product?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, about 12 people, but we were broken up into groups of 2. They dont care about how much you know about apple. they care if you're big on customer servicing !! please emphasize on that. Try and make your examples on how good your customer servicing skills are. don't babble on for too long though. But don't sound like you just want to sell an item to customers, make sure you say how you build rapport with them first. I didn't get the offer, they picked only 2 out of the group I was in, but right of the back I knew they would deff get an offer, because they were super friendly and smiled and made some jokes here and there. thats the key, to just relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• They ask to tell them something about you. Then they show you a video clip and ask you your thoughts on it. First question was why apple? They also ask what is your favorite feature on your iPhone. They asked to describe a time when you almost lost a customer and how did you real them back in. And the Last question was if you ever had a time where you gave positive criticism to some you worked with and how did that turn out.   1 Answer

Apple Genius Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Your scheduled to arrived 15mins before the start of your interview. I was offered something to drink but didn't want to. Then we moved into a group of 7 people and the inerviewer started talking about apple and how long she worked there. Afterwords its just a little get to know everybody there. You will watch a 2min video about the apple employees. Good experience but come prepared for group interviews!

Interview Questions

• What did you like about the video?   1 Answer

Business Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

campus event phone call facetime call 4 managers very friendly but the internet was not good as recall many times but the questions were easy and hr emailed me after two weeks yes no yes no

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a group interview followed by a store manger interview. The group interview was the hardest because there were so many people you had to stand out from (answer questions, and volunteer to participate in everything). Also, the attire was casual and a few people who came in sweats were definitely not hired. You don't need to have much technical knowledge, you just have to be able to comfortably speak to people.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round of interviews is usually a large group setting. They'll bring in around 50-100 potential people, and most of the questions/scenarios they run you through are really to discover your personality and your work ethics. Be yourself. Goofy, serious, doesn't matter, but be honest. They can teach you what you don't know about technology, they can't teach you to be charming. Subsequent interviews are tougher and usually small groups of 2-4 people. That's where they ask much more specific questions about you. The best advice I can give, is don't be discouraged if you don't get in the first time! They are incredibly particular about who they hire, and sometimes the timing just isn't right!

Interview Questions

• Plan a trip for me to (randomly chosen location). Ask me any questions you want to make sure I have the best experience possible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They don't really budge on their offers, because they know there are plenty of people out there willing to step in, if you're not.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I have just been for the phase 1 of the interview as of yet. But been called in for the second interview. The first interview was with a group. Two other people and I. We had a very pleasant interviewer. The same questions were asked of all three in turn.

Interview Questions

• She asked whether anyone knew which company Apple had partnered up with recently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have just got the call for the second interview.