Apple Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied randomly, and about 3 days after I applied online I received an email inviting to a hiring event. The event was fast, and group oriented. We were shown videos about the company after we introduced ourselves. Some people sat down while talking while others stood up, so up to you. We then role played with an iPad (questions were on the iPad). They told us they would inform us within 5 days. I received a call for an interview at a store.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous work experience help you at Apple.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was definitely a different process. I applied at the beginning of august, got an email for a hiring event like two days later to go in for an interview a week later. I actually got sick and emailed the recruiter that i couldn't make it cause I was ill and they kindly rescheduled me for an interview the following week. I get the the place and its a loft in the city. when i go in there are at least 15 people. they separated everyone into the tables (there were four) and the had a sit a little waiting for anyone else to show up. During that time i made sure I was a social butterfly i was talking to the people there, trying to just keep a nice light conversation going. when everyone was there they had us individually introduce ourselves and to tell them what we currently did, then they played the apple video showing what its like to work for apple. after the video they had us talk within our group and describe what we took back from the video. then they asked the whole group what was the best customer service we felt like we've ever given and we went around the room giving our experiences. then they had us go on the iPad's they had on the table and ask each other the questions on the screen (within our table) and they walked around listening to our answers. then they had us fill out a paper application with your basic info, what store you would prefer, your availability and what apple products you use. then they told us we were done and we said our goodbyes and everyone left. I got an email for my second interview a few hours later My second (and final) Interview was a week later at the actual store I chose. I was under the impression it would be a one on one interview but when i got there there was a guy also waiting to be interviewed. I started speaking to him as well, trying to be social. about after 15 mins of waiting a guy came and escorted us to where we would be interviewed and informed us that it actually was a one on one interview. he sat us down on a bench to wait for our interviewers to be ready. we waited a little and spoke some more, i got called and wished the guy good luck. i went into a room and a guy was there and introduced himself to me. told me he was going to ask me a billion questions to get to know me and at the end i could ask questions if i had any. another guy came in and introduced himself as well and the first guy came in and sat in the back to listen in. talk about having the pressure on. overall it was really chill. they asked me how i handled pressure, to tell them about a time it was hectic and how i handled the pressure, how do i keep positive at work, if i ever had to give feedback to someone at work, how did i handle that, if that effected our relationship later on, how do i transition into selling something we have online only at the store level. i asked what an ideal candidate would have and what a typical day as a specialist was. I got an email two days later to fill out my online application and to call back. i got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure, tell them about a time it was hectic and how you handled the pressure, how do i keep positive at work, if you ever had to give feedback to someone at work, how did i handle that, if that effected our relationship later on, how do i transition into selling something we have online only at the store level, whats your favorite apple product, why, what your favorite feature, why apple, when was the last time you visited the store, how was that experience, best customer service experience you've given, you've received.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First Interview: Group hiring event in Soho. You sit and fill out an application. Apple reps introduced themselves and then we each individually introduce ourselves to the entire room. Asked why Apple? I'd say carefully craft your answer as to why your personality fits with their values and describe their values. Everyone in the room is for different positions and locations around NY. After intros, split into groups of 4-5 and pass around an iPad with scenarios and questions. Show enthusiasm and your personality. You don't have to really know about Apple products & don't be intimidated with the people that know everything about their products. Just be confident in yourself and don't be someone you're not. I heard back about 5 business days later with an email to proceed to the next step. Second Interview: For me, I was lucky this was my last interview. They were massively hiring at the Apple store where I applied, so they sped up the process and I was referred which help tons. It was with a Market Leader and Store Manager along with 3 other interviewees at the same time. Lasted up to an hour and they asked about 7 questions and we each took turns answering. Don't focus on what other people are saying, but focus on yourself and talk about your personality as opposed to "retail in detail." Detail your personality. What you love and why you do. I'd say make it into a story instead of simple answers. Relationship building and what do you do everyday that makes you different. Received a phone call the very next day to proceed to the next step and was made an offer. Good luck guys!

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Who inspires you the most? Favorite Apple product? What do you love about your current job? What don't you like the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

This was for NYC! Soho office space setting. It was a group of 20 people split into 4 groups of 5. You start by filling out desired apple locations, positions, bourse, etc. First was introduction of yourself and "why Apple?". Then we watched a video and they asked us for thoughts. You WANT to make sure you participate. Then we broke up into our groups and did scenario role playing questions. While the 2 recruiters went around the room and listened to us. This part seemed ineffective as if it was your turn to talk and the recruiter wasn't near you, then you wouldn't be heard. They then asked us the challenges (to everyone) we think Apple faces. During this type of stuff you want to participate, but make sure to give a professional/personal answer. Public speaking skills helps. Also, business causal. Do not wear jeans. They then said they would contact us up to 5 business days. I had a lot of help from people who write reviews, so while I'm waiting for the next step I thought I could write something to help anyone at least going through the first interview process. :-)

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? What are challenges do you think Apple faces? Scenario role play to assist customers with issues. Must know store experience and Apple service for this.   Answer Question

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

1) short phone interview (5 minutes) --- 2) phone interview / language test (30 minutes) --- 3) video interview with a HR person (40 minutes) --- 4) video interview with the team manager (50 minutes) --- 5) background check (Hire right)

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about the time when you couldn't help your customer because of a company policy.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Apple is interesting . I was disappointed with the group interview. We were told to pick up a pad in the middle of the table. We the job applicants interviewed each other . There were 25 people seated at 5 per table . There were only 2 hr persons clicking endlessly on I pads. I made it to the second interview however I didn't go .

Interview Questions

• One difficult situation you encountered and how did you handle it .   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Basic group interview. Around 15 people in a conference room. Apple recruiting reps have you intro yourself out loud in front of the group. Then they show a video about diversity and potential at Apple. Then they make everyone talk about a scenario where they went above and beyond for a customer. The groups are then separated into groups of 4-5 and asked to role play as customers with problems that walk into an Apple store.

Interview Questions

• Role playing as a teacher, another participant must explain what Apple products would keep her students interested and be good for a classroom.   Answer Question

Creative Or Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were three people in a room with interviewer, four total. Also, there were no movies shown or people clapping when you enter. Very casual. Dress was business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? Name something that happened on a job that was problematic and how did you resolve it. Name an application you recently referred to a friend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took around maybe a month to complete, the retail event was around 30 people and there were just a bunch of basic questions. They honestly look for your personality more than anything. So after the ice breaker of who you are and why you wanna work for apple we were divided into different groups and given a roll playing scenario. I believe this was the true moment to shine and show off your personality. After that we were told in about 10 business days we were expected to get a call back. I received my second call back maybe a week later offering me a 2nd interview. This 2nd interview was a bit more difficult than what i had expected. More or less of the "Get to know you phase" More on the prove that you can qualify for this job. There were a couple of trick questions that made me wonder, but if your gut is telling you other wise go for it. Just listen to the questions and reply to them accordingly. The last and final interview was offered to me the same day as my 2nd interview only two days later. Being extremely nervous and overthinking about how this one will determine your fate, it will. But this one was a lot easier than what i expected. Literally big smiles and a lot of laughter shows you can have fun.

Interview Questions

• What brings you into the apple store on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Simple questions about myself, and why I feel I am a good fit for the brand. Asked some technical knowledge but most of that is taught during training which they provide.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story about a time when you did not agree with what a coworker did at a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question