Apple

96 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Nanuet, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews, first a group one (activities and group questions), second a one on one (standard interview questions, had mine with multiple managers) , third a small group sit down with market leader (felt like more of a formality) The interview process takes a long time but was ultimately worthwhile. The best advice is to be honest and outgoing, they hire personalities more than skillsets.

Interview Question – The first interview is difficult because its unclear what they are looking for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation

Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online resume submission, group interview with recruiter, interview with manager, final interview with store leader

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you disagree with a policy or direction   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was an intense process of 3 interviews. First, a giant one, in a group of candidates. Then a second in a smaller group. And then a third one on one.

Interview Question – There was a apple knowledge test in the first interview.   Answer Question

Sales/Mentor/Business Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Focus a lot on teamwork exercises. The first interview is normally a group interview and the following ones could be individual or group. Key to Apple retail is listening to other people and then responding appropriately. Be yourself, Apple truly values diversity. Prepare by remembering about specific stories and learning experiences in your career..."Tell me about a time in your professional when you exceeded expectations/ failed expectations"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at meeting expectations. What happened?
Tell me about a leadership experience when you failed your team.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non- negotiable. Was promised that there was a lot of opportunity for growth, but in my experience, that was only applicable if you were an average employee. For high performers/ achievers, we felt that we hit a glass ceiling fairly quickly.

Very Easy Interview

Family Room Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in October 2011.

Interview Details – Invited to a "hiring event". We were grouped into teams of 4 and had to come up with the best set of products for the made up customer in question. We were monitored and evaluated the entire time. We were asked to complete quizzes with questions related to our desired positions. Later that day I was invited to the second round interview. Met with two people. Very basic interview questions. Nothing crazy. They just wanted to see that I was passionate about the company and the products.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Roosevelt, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview and lots of computer training and shadowing

Interview Question – When did I first become an apple user   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was three steps, three different interviews. The first one was a lower level employee, just basically reading questions from my resume. The second interview was two managers, and the third was a hiring recruiter. All were very different styles of interviews.

Interview Question – They asked me my favorite color, and I was unsure how to ask that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for 15.00 an hour, which was higher than the average hourly pay at the time.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – From the minute you arrive for your interview you are made to feel as though you are part of the Apple family. The training is excellent, the practice environment is top-notch, and the constant applause for team members makes you feel comfortable at each stage of the interview process.

Genius Interview

Genius
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – After applying on the Internet, I went to three separate interviews, until Apple decided to consider other candidates

Interview Question – From your previous employments, who was your favorite/most disliked manager and why;   Answer Question

Genius Administrative Interview

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online as a Genius Admin/Genius. Got an email back within 2 weeks for an invitation to an Open House. There were about 30-40 people at this open house, which is considered the first stage of the interview process. There was a lot of Apple videos they played to get people in the groove of Apple as a company, and usually a 2-5 min Q&A right after it. they were basically seeing who is eager to ask questions and get noticed.

There were some ice breakers sprinkled throughout. We were partnered into pairs of two and did quick interviews of each other for about 5 mins, then were expected to give a presentation on that person. It wasn't so much of a hard "sell" but more to gather your level of confidence presentation skills.

More Apple videos, which were admittedly pleasant, followed by more opportunities to get your name out there by asking questions. They asked a lot about people's experiences with Apple as a brand and with the stores, to see who has positive stories to share.

Dress code was super casual. Almost everyone was in jeans. and maybe a nice dress shirt. Nothing out there but nothing terribly informal like sandals and ripped jeans. I was in a simple button down shirt and nice jeans, with dress shoes.

Finally, it ended with you filling out your availability throughout the week (this is retail after all and that can have a heavy impact of the hiring process). There was a small tech questionnaire about hardware specs and things, but they assured us it has nothing to do with the selection process.

Ultimately, they are just looking for people to stand out and be personable.

I got an email later in the week for an in person interview the following week with a senior manager and the store manager. I dressed in the same dress code I outlined above and was simultaneously interviewing with (ironically) the other candidate I worked with in the ice breaker from the open house. They asked basic questions like what I like most about Apple, what are some of my best shopping experiences, and describing what it was like working in team situation.

I received an email again later in the week for another interview, this time with another senior store manager and the district manager. It was another group interview with 4 other people, and we just took turns answering the same basic questions we were asked in the previous round. All 5 of us made it through and ended up getting hired. It was pretty informal at this point and I later found that if you make it to this round, you're pretty much good as long as you keep up everything you've been doing up until then (smiling, being personable, being an overall cool person.) Just don't say anything outrageous.

Solid pay offer for retail after that.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you worked in a team.
What's your favorite Apple product?
What has you experience been like in an Apple store?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't bother asking to negotiate. I was coming from Best Buy and they know what the pay is like there. Didn't seem like it was respectful since initial offer of $14.80 was significantly more than what I was making at Best Buy ($12.50).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 96 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.