Apple

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

I applied through my University and after going through initial submission I did not hear from Apple for a while. I applied in Nov and received an email in December asking for an updated unofficial transcript. In January I received an invitation to do a FaceTime interview, which I schedules for a week or so later. The interview was an hour long and he asked basic interview questions. Strengths/ weaknesses, describe a situation where you had to take negative feedback from a boss, describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult customer, describe a time that you have a great customer service experience (from the customer point of view). He also asked some feeler questions to determine how tech savvy I was. He asked the specs on my computer, also asked me to describe a time when I had to explain technology to an older non tech savvy person. Overall, they really want someone who is good at customer service, but you also need to have the technical skills to trouble shoot etc.

I received an email to complete my "official application" 2 weeks later. One weeks after that I received a email asking permission to do a background check. I received a call from a recruiter three weeks later offering my the position. Overall a VERY long process. They recruit the whole year, hire in Jan-March and the position starts in the summer.

No negotiation - $12/hr

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2012.

Five interviews: Group, tier 1 management, tier 2 management, tier 3 management, District manager. Short talks, half an hour at a time. Personality questions. Physical observation tactics. Do they like the way you talk/look. Are you personable. It was fun, the management was awesome. Felt like I made a new friend with each interview. Please do yourself a favor and relax. It is an exciting time, but just play it cool and everything will work out!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be and why? Be specific.   View Answer
    Had worked jobs at $10 an hour. Mentioned that I would like to start at $10. They immidetly said, "how does $11 sound." Worked for me at that time. Was eventually raised to $14 after a year of employment.

Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2011.

I applied about three months ago and just got an email about two weeks ago. I was asked some pretty slandered questions, then asked to set up a phone call. During the call I was asked questions about me, and my work history. Then I was given a choice to answer questions about a Mac, or a PC. I Know more about the PC, but I choose Mac because I wanted challenge. The questions were pretty easy, mostly about diagnostics, a couple of mobile device questions were thrown in there. I was then told that all went good, and I would receive a email next week. Early Monday morning I got an email from another recruitment manager who asked for another phone interview, I set that up for Wednesday morning, hopefully all goes well. I am not really sure what the position entails in reality, I read the description, but I know these things are always different when you actually work there. I assume that the tech's (genius's) are split into categories like: Mobile, iMac, and Macbook. I am not sure also about the pay, I have heard many different things, but it seems pretty low to me, although I am sure that it is DOE. Oh well I am not really banking too much on it, if I get an offer, great. If not I am not too concern, I figure that it is worth checking out though, they seem like a neat company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What would you use the VERBOS command for   View Answers (2)
    • What would you tell a customer who brought in a iPod shuffle and they were having issues with the voice commands?   View Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

It was a long and grueling process. It started with immediate communications from the recruiter, which led to a hiring event consisting of 2 interviews. A large group interview, and then I had to wait a week to hear back about the second interview. Then I interviewed with the store manager after waiting 2 weeks there. I was supposed to hear back by the end of that week, and didn't. Ugh... but then the following Sunday got an email that requested a background check. After I submitted that, it was another week and a half before I interviewed with the store manager. I didn't hear back until I got THE call with the offer another week and a half later.

There really isn't much negotiating when it comes to getting in as a specialist. The only thing is that it is hard to get hired on full time right away. You will usually start part-time, and then are able to earn full time based upon how you do. I was one of the lucky few who was offered full time right away.

Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Group interview, interview the person next to you then introduce them to the entire room. After that, broke into teams of 12 or so and talked to the hiring managers that asked regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you over exceeded an expectation from a boss, or job?   Answer Question

Apple Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2010.

I went to an Apple group interview with like 20 people. They asked us a bunch of questions and had us do simulated sales pitches. Then I had two 1 on 1 interviews where they asked the typical interview questions. I was e-mailed and told I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you achieved a goal?   Answer Question

Computer Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2008.

I have worked for the company prior to this interview.
    I relocated to a new state so I was anticipating a smooth process since the store was not open yet and not all positions were filled...however management ...well "management" on both sides dropped the ball on that and left me in the air and never responded to me.

So I was alittle sour to do this interview even though the company is a pretty great place to work.

So i was contacted by a regional recruiter for a phone interview before sending my information to the local store.
    The recruiter was friendly, informative and very interactive with the questions and seemed to really want to know more about my skills and interests. So i felt fairly comfortable with the way it was headed and the prospective position offer.
    Even though it was a different position from my previous position, though it was a higher waged and more hours offered.

After the interview was over I was contacted a week later by the retail stores hiring manager about arranging a time to sit down and speak with the tech team leader.
    Since i never been there I decided to check out the store and maybe get a chance to chat with someone on the tech team or even a store manager to get a vibe for the store and what theyre looking for in someone.

I came into the store and was very impressed with the layout, it was very open, and larger than the previous store I was in...it was a bit more humbling in its layout and spacious for each position had its place and was open and impressed overall.
    However I wish i was treated the same, when i came in i was treated sort of like a window shopper, no sales associate or employee really gave me any attention none asked me any questions or told me about any products in the store...except one question - "would you like to buy something today?" and im like....well what am i going to buy? So i was a bit discouraged...moving on.

I ws greated by the tech team leader and asked a few questions about the position and what sort of day to day tasks are involved and how is the vibe of it and what are people saying about it etc etc.

So i thanked them and a few days later was my scheduled interview; i met with Tech team leader i met with a few days prior...unfortunately he did not remember me, even though it was a fairly reasonable amount of time when i first came in to talk to him, a HR Leader, and an assistant store manager.
    I was abit reluctant with the interview, as the team members were not very inquisitive at all during the process.
    I was mainly asking the questions; which im used to and can handle fairly well,but it felt like i wasnt even there or they really werent interested. so i baited around to get some ideas of what they were interested in me personally.
    They didnt really challenge me in regards to the position, be it being a tech position, it was more about being a salesmen form how they asked the questions instead of the position it self.
    So it was a little bit of a less impressive interview from what Im used to, they sort of asked the generic typical cue card questions and that was that.

So I thanked them and wasnt really looking forward to a phone call, I got one a few days later asking to come in for some pre-hire documents to be signed and to inquire about the offer.
    I went in and the tech team leader gave me a quick skills assessment just to kind of see how i would react and i was prepared for it

So that went well for me atleast, the tech team leader and the HR leader propsed an offer, laid out a temp schedule and things like that but, unfortunately I was just not that interested in being apart of a team that didnt really show enthusiasm or interest personally in me.
    They made it fairly apparent they might not keep the person they hired for this position for more than a few months and I did not want to end up in the same position I was in again and out of a job, so i had to quickly weigh the options pros/cons of accepting the offer and it just did not feel as a reasonable fit for me based on the overall feel of how they seemed in offering the position ...

I thanked them, and when i got home i did send them a thank you email note appreciating their time and interest, including the phone interview recruiter,
    I contacted the corporate HQ regarding certain positions and the fact of being dropped from my previous transfer request and was offered a more respectable and much better than I was previously given.a

see above

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple in June 2008.

Apply online, they will only take online applications. You are then given a phone call to discuss basic information for verification purposes. Next, you will receive an email welcoming you to an interview, my first was at a store with about 60 interviewees and 5 interviewers 1on1. The second was a group panel with 15 other interviewees and 2 interviewers. In the panel and the 1on1 they look for passion, presentation skills and communication. In the panel, I was told I got the job due to how enthusiastically I talked about my grill and its abilities as well as being able to command everyone's attention every time I spoke. Then, the company if they like you will have you fill out a form for a 3rd party to screen you, the HR person will either get a go or no-go from the 3rd without any explanation. If you pass they tender an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were just blown away by a customer service experience you received and why.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a product other than an apple one that you love and why.   View Answer
    There is none, for lower than management.

Creative (Apple Store) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2008.

You must first apply online. In less than a week, a manager contacted me for an interview. The hiring process/background check was quite long, about 6 weeks from filling out the online application to my first day of training, but this was my first time in a retail position. This may be normal due to employee access to cash and merchandise.