Apple

Updated Jul 12, 2014

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Had the phone interview with recruiter and HR

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple in September 2013.

I applied online was contacted for a phone interview. I am graduating in December so the recruiter was well aware that I am still a student.

The interviewer called on the day of the interview and we chatted for a few minutes. I was told by the recruiter that the interview would be very informal--which it was. The person interviewing me was very pleasant and I thought all was going well. The questions were general "get to know you" questions and I few Unix questions. Then he asked about the products that I have released and if I had done any localization. I told him that I was still a student and had not had any experience with product release or localization--however I was in the process of releasing a product to market. He seemed confused and told me that he hadn't realized that I was a student and was looking for someone with more experience. I assured him that the recruiter I had been dealing with knew and it was even on my resume which he had.

The interview was cut short and I felt like he did not consider me from that point on. I received an email two days later saying that I was not being considered further for the position. My only wish is that the recruiter and the hiring manager would have communicated more before offering me an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to say no to someone after promising them something.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Felt like more of a conversation instead of an interview. Between the phone interviews and in person interviews, I definitely have a pulse of the company's goals and how I would fit into the equation.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to get the added negotiation I tried for.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

There were two face to face interviews 30 minutes each, very strange for a face to face format.. after 2 months of waiting and getting positive feedback was not offered.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Not very professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Approached online via LinkedIn from a Recruiter about the position. Didn't get too much information other than a very high level paragraph about the position. Responded back with my resume. About two day later I received a phone call requesting to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Based on my schedule, I agreed upon a date and time range. This all happened pretty quickly, about 3 days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That interview was very basic, the hiring manager asked if I knew about the position, I explained the info I was provided with was very high level. He then actually provided me with the job details in full, still seemed to be something I was well qualified for. The interview was then abruptly cut short, I was in the middle of explaining why I think this would be a good position for me when he simple said, "OK thank you, I'll speak with the recruiter" and ended the call. The interview up to now had been very basic, your text book interview questions. I thought that was it and maybe he didn't think too much of me. To my surprise the next day I received an email and two voice mails about following up for a in person interview. I finally was able to contact back the recruiter later that day, was a busy day for me, and we again scheduled something based on my schedule. It was left pretty open as far as when this would actually occur. I think was contacted by email from another person who had singled out the day of the interview. This happened about two days after the recruiter and I spoke about the in person interview. Finally the night before the interview I had received all information, including the people I was to interview with, and a schedule. I was to meet on site with 6 people and each would interview me for about 30 minutes. I arrived to the location, signed in, met with the hiring manager first. He asked me pretty much the same questions from the phone interview. His attention seemed to be moved over to emails and texts messages from time to time. The process with him was very basic questions. I then met with another 3 people, a total of 4 of the 6 I was supposed to meet with. The interview questions were very basic, they started asking more questions about the software I'm currently working with than the actual position. There were a few interruptions with their attention being focuses else where, people coming in, and so on. It made for a tough time to sell yourself as some of the people I interviewed with seemed to be focused on emails, chats, and so forth. I didn't get the feeling that they were too interested when I was told the other two people I was going to meet with where not going to meet with me. So I left the site about an hour earlier than scheduled. I was contacted via the recruiter two days later, via email, that I was not a fit but everyone enjoyed meeting with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in December 2012.

Initial contact was from a recruiter who viewed my LinkedIn Profile. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager, and then was contacted for an in-person interview. They flew me to Cupertino and I had 5 interview sessions: 4 individual and one group with 4 people. A few weeks later they asked me back for another round, which was 4 more individual sessions. They called me the next day and offered. The total process took approximately 3 months from initial contact to offer, mostly around scheduling difficulties on their side.

Interview Questions
    • None of the interview questions were difficult or unexpected. They were very standard for the position.   Answer Question
    I was very honest about my current salary and expectations from the beginning - they ended up revising the position slightly to better match my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Dragged on, had to schedule arounf international travel. Interviewed with many people, not quite sure what their roles were. They were not quite sure what position I was interviewing for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Apple recruiters seem to be some of the most unprofessional I have ever encountered. Contacted by recruiter via e-mail to setup phone interview to discuss my resume and Apple job opportunities. I confirmed dates and times available, then did not hear from the recruiter. I followed up by e-mail and she said she would call me between 8PM and 9 PM. Never got a call. I followed up by e-mail again and she told me she was on vacation and would contact me upon her return. I never heard from her again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2008.

The interviewing process at Apple is excrutiatingly slow. However, I heard that once they made up their mind, the offer comes very fast. It took me about 3 weeks from the intial contact with the recruiter to personal interview. No phone calls from the hiring manager, it went straight to on-site interview with 3 different people. A word of advice I got from my contacts at Apple: loose your tie and jacket before the interview. Anything else goes,including T-shirt and blue jeans.