Apple

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Had the phone interview with recruiter and HR

Interview Question – Why Apple?   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online was contacted for a phone interview. I am graduating in December so the recruiter was well aware that I am still a student.

The interviewer called on the day of the interview and we chatted for a few minutes. I was told by the recruiter that the interview would be very informal--which it was. The person interviewing me was very pleasant and I thought all was going well. The questions were general "get to know you" questions and I few Unix questions. Then he asked about the products that I have released and if I had done any localization. I told him that I was still a student and had not had any experience with product release or localization--however I was in the process of releasing a product to market. He seemed confused and told me that he hadn't realized that I was a student and was looking for someone with more experience. I assured him that the recruiter I had been dealing with knew and it was even on my resume which he had.

The interview was cut short and I felt like he did not consider me from that point on. I received an email two days later saying that I was not being considered further for the position. My only wish is that the recruiter and the hiring manager would have communicated more before offering me an interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to say no to someone after promising them something.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Felt like more of a conversation instead of an interview. Between the phone interviews and in person interviews, I definitely have a pulse of the company's goals and how I would fit into the equation.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to get the added negotiation I tried for.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – There were two face to face interviews 30 minutes each, very strange for a face to face format.. after 2 months of waiting and getting positive feedback was not offered.

Interview Question – The questions were behavorial.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Not very professional

Interview Question – Asked totally irrelevant tech question   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – Approached online via LinkedIn from a Recruiter about the position. Didn't get too much information other than a very high level paragraph about the position. Responded back with my resume. About two day later I received a phone call requesting to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Based on my schedule, I agreed upon a date and time range. This all happened pretty quickly, about 3 days later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That interview was very basic, the hiring manager asked if I knew about the position, I explained the info I was provided with was very high level. He then actually provided me with the job details in full, still seemed to be something I was well qualified for. The interview was then abruptly cut short, I was in the middle of explaining why I think this would be a good position for me when he simple said, "OK thank you, I'll speak with the recruiter" and ended the call. The interview up to now had been very basic, your text book interview questions. I thought that was it and maybe he didn't think too much of me. To my surprise the next day I received an email and two voice mails about following up for a in person interview. I finally was able to contact back the recruiter later that day, was a busy day for me, and we again scheduled something based on my schedule. It was left pretty open as far as when this would actually occur. I think was contacted by email from another person who had singled out the day of the interview. This happened about two days after the recruiter and I spoke about the in person interview. Finally the night before the interview I had received all information, including the people I was to interview with, and a schedule. I was to meet on site with 6 people and each would interview me for about 30 minutes. I arrived to the location, signed in, met with the hiring manager first. He asked me pretty much the same questions from the phone interview. His attention seemed to be moved over to emails and texts messages from time to time. The process with him was very basic questions. I then met with another 3 people, a total of 4 of the 6 I was supposed to meet with. The interview questions were very basic, they started asking more questions about the software I'm currently working with than the actual position. There were a few interruptions with their attention being focuses else where, people coming in, and so on. It made for a tough time to sell yourself as some of the people I interviewed with seemed to be focused on emails, chats, and so forth. I didn't get the feeling that they were too interested when I was told the other two people I was going to meet with where not going to meet with me. So I left the site about an hour earlier than scheduled. I was contacted via the recruiter two days later, via email, that I was not a fit but everyone enjoyed meeting with me.

Interview Question – None were difficult.   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – Dragged on, had to schedule arounf international travel. Interviewed with many people, not quite sure what their roles were. They were not quite sure what position I was interviewing for.

Very Easy Interview

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – Apple recruiters seem to be some of the most unprofessional I have ever encountered. Contacted by recruiter via e-mail to setup phone interview to discuss my resume and Apple job opportunities. I confirmed dates and times available, then did not hear from the recruiter. I followed up by e-mail and she said she would call me between 8PM and 9 PM. Never got a call. I followed up by e-mail again and she told me she was on vacation and would contact me upon her return. I never heard from her again.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewing process at Apple is excrutiatingly slow. However, I heard that once they made up their mind, the offer comes very fast. It took me about 3 weeks from the intial contact with the recruiter to personal interview. No phone calls from the hiring manager, it went straight to on-site interview with 3 different people. A word of advice I got from my contacts at Apple: loose your tie and jacket before the interview. Anything else goes,including T-shirt and blue jeans.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Program Manager

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in May 2009.

Interview Details – I got a phone call HR for interview and I got interview with three managers and one week later , HR said they are not moving forward.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving company?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees and interview candidates.