Apple Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I was referred to the job opening through a recruiter I knew, and soon got an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is only about 30 minutes and that happened the week we got in touch. The following week I did an on-sight interview. They are 2-3 hours depending on the style of the hiring manager. Generally you meet with 2-3 other coordinators every 30 minutes for the 2-3 hours and have a series of group interviews. At the end, you usually wrap up with the hiring manager. During the interview they gave me a few scenarios where you must prioritize tasks you are given. They ask about your organizational style, work experience, scheduling experience, etc. It took a little over 2 weeks to hear back that I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • I think the most difficult thing about these types of interviews is having to answer the same questions over and over and trying to keep your answers sounding exciting and interesting everytime. The questions they asked weren't very unusual for the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Nearly 8 interviews - mixture of phone and onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Initial phone interview for about 20 minutes and then in person interview meeting with a recruiter. Interviewer seemed distracted and kept taking phone calls or looking at their iPhone. Felt like it was a complete waste of time. Sent a thank you email. I never did hear back from the recruiter after that. Very unprofessional behavior on the part of the recruiter.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Initial application was online, advise previous work history and upload CV and cover letter. No advice if you were unsuccessful.
    Email confirmation with date and time of interview. No chance to negotiate a time that suits you, either take it or leave it.
    When arrived for interview reception is set up like an Apple store with iPhone/iPad/iPod interactive displays.
    Waited two weeks before feedback from the interview was provided, but only because I followed up. Had already assumed what the outcome/result was.
    No attempt at rapport building during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions:
      Why Apple?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you want to be in 2-3 years time?
      What does a typical work day involve?
      How would your boss describe you?
      Tell me about a process or task you improved at work?
      Also was advised that there're limited opportunities for progression...
        Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Skipped phone interview and was asked to come in right away. I met with about 4 people, 1:1. I received no follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember specific questions. They were general and typical. The interviewers mostly talked down about their colleagues and the environment.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in February 2011.

I applied through Apple's website and was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail response from a Recruiting Coordinator within a couple days. We set up a phone interview soon after, which lasted about 30 minutes. During the interview, the Coordinator went over the RC job description, but also let me know that he was interviewing for 2 different positions (one for an actual RC supporting the corporate recruiting department, and the other for more of a candidate-facing role supporting the retail store recruiting effort). He kept emphasizing the retail store recruiting duties. It also seemed like he was reading a script. Working in recruiting myself, I understand that there are certain "scripts" to follow, but did he have to be so....verbatim? I tried to answer his questions to the best of my ability, but all of his reactions sounded very disinterested and impersonal. I knew I wasn't going to the 2nd round when he mentioned that the RC role would be quite a "step backwards" for me (I had moved upward to a Recruiter role just 1 month prior, so it would have been just a tiny shuffle backwards).

I have by no means experienced any "sour grapes" feelings, as I realized that I wasn't the best fit for the position right away (having no prior retail recruiting experience), but here's some advice for the phone screener: Try to smile while conducting a phone screen and not sound so bored. You work for one of the greatest companies in the world. Make people want to work with you too.

For other candidates doing phone interviews: Try early on to develop a rapport with the interviewer. However, if you say something that would usually cause someone to chuckle (like say, a friendly and personable recruiter would), and the interviewer doesn't react in any way, then just hope that your resume speaks exactly to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel that by taking this role, you will be taking quite a step backwards in your career?   View Answer