Apple

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Phone interview lead to group interview

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

Apple had setup for selected applicants to meet at a neutral site between both markets of Austin and San Antonio. We met at the convention center in San Marcos. There were 3 different times to choose from, 9-12, 12:30-3:30, 4-7:30. I arrived and there were about 40 people waiting for the presentation. We walked into the room and were greeted by screaming Apple employees.

The actual group interview was painful to say the least. We watched a video on Apple.

Next we were separated into groups, and asked to create a product (real or fake) and present it to the rest of the group.

After sitting and listening to every group present. The leader said we were going to split back up and it would be another 2 hours of questions !?!? At this point I mentally checked out...

You sit in a circle of about 8-10 people and the managers take turns going around the room asking ambiguous personality questions.

ie. "give an example of when your team wasn't pulling their weight?" "what's the biggest risk you've ever taken?" "give an example of when you really wanted something and worked for it, and it payed off?" stuff like that... The whole time the people asking the questions switch, but the questions remain the same. Really stupid personality questions.

Needless to say I didn't get the job, but from what I hear that was only part one of like a 8 part interview process!

They could've at least fed us.

All in all, technology savvy/ work experience doesn't matter with this company. You just need an awesome super outgoing personality, and you're golden.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a problem you overcame?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple in August 2011.

The hiring and interview process (from what I know) has changed throughout the last few years. I was emailed for a hiring event. After attending the event, I was called for my first interview within 2 hours. The next day, I met with the Senior Manager and the Store Leader and shortly after that interview, I was called to meet (on a Thursday morning) with the Market Leader. Thursday night, I was asked to OKAY a background check and the rest is history.

It's really about being yourself, and yes, at the end of the day, it is still RETAIL, but I have learned so much from the company and walked away from it knowing more about myself and what I want than I ever have.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about software and hardware that I had known ALMOST nothing about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Huge waste of time. You won't get hired unless you fit into "apples culture/personality". Did not have a 1:1 interview even though I was scheduled to and promised one. Group panel interview was just a waste of time and $10 dollars since I had to pay to park twice.

Interview Questions
    • What is you least and favorite place to shop? Why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in July 2010.

Apparently Apple has several rounds of interviews. At the beginning, before the store manager showed up, one of my fellow candidates mentioned that he'd heard Apple has a lower acceptance rate than Stanford. Eek! Pretty similar experience to what others have mentioned, overall. Didn't make it to the next round, but I was invited to another hiring seminar for another local store, which I'm actually about to go to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Solid interview process. A little too coporate, though.

Retail Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in April 2012.

This process has been document on this site numerous times. I initially applied online, was contacted by e-mail about six months later to fill out additional online forms. Within a week or so, I spoke with a recruiter by phone. The following month I attended a group hiring seminar. The next day I attended a 1:1 interview. We are currently working on details, and the process continues.

Retail Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

I submitted a general application for a retail store on Apple's website. A few weeks later, I got an email inviting me to a Hiring Event, with my choice of three time slots on the same day. I RSVP'd to the latest one.

I got to the event and waited in line with a lot of other people- it seemed like there were about 30, and with three sessions, that meant there were a lot of people being interviewed for the positions. I was wearing a skirt, blouse, and heels; I was definitely more formal than most there, with some people wearing jeans and T-shirts. They gave us nametags to stick on our shirts and let us into a presentation room, where they gave a long presentation selling us on the Apple retail experience and opened the floor for questions.

They then broke us into groups of around eight people. An interviewer went to each group and gave them an iPad loaded with questions, which we had to answer. We only had time for about three questions each, which were generally related to sales experience and working with people.

At this point they had us fill out a sheet of basic questions like which stores we would want to work at and which particular positions we were interested, and said if they liked us we'd be back for a second interview the next day. I did not get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you resolved a conflict with a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in June 2011.

An Apple manager called after receiving my resume which I had submitted through Apple's website. The interviewer asked if I had any questions about the position. I asked if they could explain what a typical day consisted of. After that they asked why I wanted to work at Apple and what my availability was. Finally they said they would be in touch.

Retail Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in August 2009.

Got an email invitation to a recruitment seminar from apple. Seminar held at a hotel meeting room. ~20 candidates. They showed us introductory videos/presentations. Candidates get pair up and introduce each other to the whole group. Retail store scenarios role play. Took two hours in total, each person only get 5 minutes to "show off". Very competitive, lots of applicants. They're apparently not looking for people with technical knowledge about their product. They seem to be looking for people that act/dress/speak in a certain "Apple"ish way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your partner will make a good apple sales.   Answer Question