Apple

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on two separate occasions. There is a multiple interview process. Sometimes you will have a phone interview other times you will get invited to a hotel event. Where they weed you out and they claim they only hire the best people in the world. I have never made it past the hotel event. There are other interviews after that with a district manager and a store manager.

Interview Question – A lot of group breakout presentation type scenarios. Also a lot of past situation type questions.   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – sGreat people who asked all the right question

Interview Question – If you were a monkey, what sort of zoo paddock would you find most disagreeable?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other opportunity

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – First you get invited to the hiring event where you watch videos listen to different employees speak and some role playing. You then wait for another phone call for a 2nd interview, was told I would hear back in a week, been 3 weeks still have not heard anything.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Apple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Group interviews, a couple of face to face.

Interview Question – Technical questions   View Answer

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – They ask you a lot of situational questions like how would handle if a coworker was stealing, but mainly once you get past the group interviews it's a lot about promoting the Apple brand.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself with Apple?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated pay and full time

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2013.

Interview Details – I completed the online application, then received a telephone interview. My interviewer was friendly, cheerful, and helpful, and rescheduled my interview when a conflict came up, with absolutely no hassle. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, but I ended up not going in, as I had received another offer.

Interview Question – The questions were generally standard, nothing was too difficult at this stage in the interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2012.

Interview Details – Group activity interview. You'll site with about 20 other applicants and they make you do skits and see how well you interact with strangers. Then they have a second interview which is your standard meeting with an HR person. Then you get a call for the job.

Interview Question – The group activity was the most jarring because they blindside you with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, you take it or you leave it.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview involved myself and a group of approximately 30 candidates.
It was mainly a presentation video about how great Apple retail is and how fortunate you would be if you were hired.
They asked the group 1 by 1 to speak about themselves and tell everyone what their favorite "guilty pleasure" song was on their ipod.
They also broke the group up into teams and assigned an exercise in selling an imaginary item to the rest of the group.
It was ridiculous and I didnt get called back.

Interview Question – What is your favorite guilty pleasure song on your ipod?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I applied online through there website. The online application was simple and easy to follow. There was no skill testing questions, but some involved your understanding of retail work ethic. For example: How would you deal with 'certain' situations; What is your idea of good customer service; etc.

I was very excited for this position because of my past retail experience, and working with Apple product. There also seems to be a cheerful atmosphere in every Apple store in which I wanted to provide as well.

After waiting for a couple weeks I had imagined that I did not qualify, and stopped thinking about it. Then, a month and a half later, I received a call. I was invited to a group interview at the Apple store.

A small group of six met in the store at opening time. The manager came out and we proceeded to the Mall's cafeteria, where the group interview was held at a large table.

First, we went around the table one by one providing details on who we were, and what accomplishments we have gained. I felt very under qualified - with four years of retail experience - compared to the competition.

Second, the manager asked us normal interview questions. "How can your past experience help you in this position?" "What skills and talents can you bring to the table?" "What aspect of this position are you most interested in?" etc.

Finally, the manager asked us to split up into groups and come up with an answer to "What does the Apple brand represent to it's customers?" My group followed up with how everyone sees the Apple brand as one of the best providers for customer service. The other group focused on the product and how it improves daily activities.

The interview ended with the manager letting us know those that qualify will be called before the weekend. I was not called, but emailed for why I was not a selected candidate.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "If you can describe yourself in one word, what would that be?"

This may be simple, but I have very rarely thought about this question in a serious matter. This needs to identify the kind of employee you are. One word to provide your work ethic; how you treat customers and co-workers; and how productive you are to others.

Also since it was a group interview, if you had thought of a word and the person before you uses it, you have to copy them or rethink what you were about to say.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in May 2010.

Interview Details – Led by a manager with other employees in attendance. Did a lot of around the room questions, very few of which had to do with Apple or technology. They seemed to have no interest in your knowledge of Apple or their products, but rather were focused on attitude. That's really all it is as far as I could tell.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!