Apple Sales Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in March 2009.

Interview

First, they contact you via email to tell you to go to a group meeting. At the meeting, you are also asked to fill out a multipage form which they use to determine questions to ask the group (such as what was the most interesting experience they had in an Apple Store). Then, they do a mass interview of about 20 people and ask them about their attitudes, knowledge, and psychological makeup. Once that process is finished (about 3 hours), they tell you they will contact you later. Then, they call you to tell you they would like a one-on-one meeting, at which they schedule several interviews at the same time, in the same room. They then proceed to spend about an hour with you to ask you even more personal questions, and questions related to your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting experience you've had at an Apple Store?   Answer Question
  • What experience have you had in the past where you were able to make a difference in someone's life?   Answer Question

Wage was too low.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Interview

Initially-got an email to come to a hiring event. hiring event-did activities and got a callback depending on rating for impression panel/individual interview-asked questions with situational reactions.

Interview Questions

• If a printer was not working wirelessly or connected to the computer, how would I go about fixing this.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Got emailed and booked for a session. During group interview they showed a couple of videos and ask for our thoughts of the videos . We had to introduce ourselves individually and talk about what we liked. generally was relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you have done that succeeded that others have failed at?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied to work a sales position-overall I would consider myself very knowledgeable about Apple products, having owned quite a few of them myself. I submitted my application via their website, and received an email back about a week and a half later. We scheduled an interview at the store the following week. The interview was fairly straightforward, asking about my interests, biggest accomplishments and failures, and knowledge about Apple products. The one question that surprised me asked about my hobbies and how I planned to develop them.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my hobbies and how I planned to develop them-a simple question, but I was caught off guard. Don't be caught off guard-treat the interview as a life interview, not a job interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Plano, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

It took 3 interviews but it was worth the wait. I appreciate the fact that you meet everyone in upper management they worked as an great group. Nothing negative to say about the company or the people that worked there.

Interview Questions

• What do you love/like about apple? What apple products do you own or have? How long have you owned your products   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview

I met with 6-7 individuals over several weeks to discuss the opening. Several interviews with managers and other associates that collaborate with this role. Initial phone screen with HR recruiter. Initial interview with hiring manager, Sales Engineering manager, subject matter expert, Inside account manager, Inside sales manager, and second interview with sales and technical sales manager. Final interview is with VP of organization before decision is made on a candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

got an email a couples calls . interveiew was smothe and easy, and it was easy fun helpful good energic people fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview

Sat there for 2 hours with about 20 other people while they told us we were lucky to be there, and that it's harder to be hired by Apple than it is to get into Stanford. Had to pick a partner and introduce them to the group/management, had group discussions.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation in which you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR for a phone interview. The HR rep went over my resume and asked in-depth questions about my experience. Then asked a number of situational questions like "How did you deal with a difficult coworker?" After that, she submitted me for a face-to-face. The face-to-face was with 2 people who asked more situational questions. The process was pretty easy and the interviewers were very friendly. Process is still going apparently. Next steps (if they happen) are a couple of phone interviews and an in-store experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach assigned tasks that don't interest you?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

There is a mask of playfulness, but the staff members are keeping a keen eye on all prospective employees at all times. One staff member held the focus; four or five others distributed themselves around the room. One of the staff members was very nervous; two of the others, terribly serious. Much of the experience was about seeing whether people "played well with others". They say you don't need to know much about Apple, but the thrust of their questions indicates otherwise. They put on the pressure early, bringing in a group of thirty and promptly saying that very few will survive to the next interview. There's a great deal of hush-hush corporate secrecy. Very velvet glove/steel fist, with much of the humour forced. You have to fit their mould.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that isn't on your CV.   1 Answer
    • What events would you create to promote the brand and the store?   1 Answer
    • How would you add to a sale?   1 Answer