Apple

Apple Sales Interview Questions

2.9

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in March 2009.

First, they contact you via email to tell you to go to a group meeting.

At the meeting, you are also asked to fill out a multipage form which they use to determine questions to ask the group (such as what was the most interesting experience they had in an Apple Store).

Then, they do a mass interview of about 20 people and ask them about their attitudes, knowledge, and psychological makeup.

Once that process is finished (about 3 hours), they tell you they will contact you later.

Then, they call you to tell you they would like a one-on-one meeting, at which they schedule several interviews at the same time, in the same room.

They then proceed to spend about an hour with you to ask you even more personal questions, and questions related to your resume.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most interesting experience you've had at an Apple Store?   Answer Question
  • What experience have you had in the past where you were able to make a difference in someone's life?   Answer Question

Wage was too low.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Initially-got an email to come to a hiring event.
    hiring event-did activities and got a callback depending on rating for impression
    panel/individual interview-asked questions with situational reactions.

Interview Questions
    • If a printer was not working wirelessly or connected to the computer, how would I go about fixing this.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Got emailed and booked for a session. During group interview they showed a couple of videos and ask for our thoughts of the videos . We had to introduce ourselves individually and talk about what we liked. generally was relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you have done that succeeded that others have failed at?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in July 2012.

I applied to work a sales position-overall I would consider myself very knowledgeable about Apple products, having owned quite a few of them myself. I submitted my application via their website, and received an email back about a week and a half later. We scheduled an interview at the store the following week.

The interview was fairly straightforward, asking about my interests, biggest accomplishments and failures, and knowledge about Apple products. The one question that surprised me asked about my hobbies and how I planned to develop them.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about my hobbies and how I planned to develop them-a simple question, but I was caught off guard. Don't be caught off guard-treat the interview as a life interview, not a job interview.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2009.

First we had to fill out a questionnaire on general information about Apple products and computers.

Then, about 35 of us were seated in a room and asked to tell the recruiters why we think we would make a good employee for Apple and a fun fact about ourselves.

Finally we had to do a roleplay scenario where once we were a customer and then an employee.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Applied online and received an email from HR for a phone interview. The HR rep went over my resume and asked in-depth questions about my experience. Then asked a number of situational questions like "How did you deal with a difficult coworker?" After that, she submitted me for a face-to-face.
    The face-to-face was with 2 people who asked more situational questions. The process was pretty easy and the interviewers were very friendly. Process is still going apparently. Next steps (if they happen) are a couple of phone interviews and an in-store experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you approach assigned tasks that don't interest you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Casual interview in a hotel lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Can you manage our companies lack of attention and immature processes supporting enterprise customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in February 2010.

There wasn't anything special about the interview. Just know how to use a mac, don't freak out, and ask questions about the position. You never know what they might be looking for in an answer so always cover your bases.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple in November 2011.

There is a mask of playfulness, but the staff members are keeping a keen eye on all prospective employees at all times. One staff member held the focus; four or five others distributed themselves around the room. One of the staff members was very nervous; two of the others, terribly serious. Much of the experience was about seeing whether people "played well with others". They say you don't need to know much about Apple, but the thrust of their questions indicates otherwise. They put on the pressure early, bringing in a group of thirty and promptly saying that very few will survive to the next interview. There's a great deal of hush-hush corporate secrecy. Very velvet glove/steel fist, with much of the humour forced. You have to fit their mould.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that isn't on your CV.   View Answer
    • What events would you create to promote the brand and the store?   View Answer
    • How would you add to a sale?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Well the best part of this was I actualy got a phone call rather than an email and was asked for my available times for a certain day.

I arrived and waited with this other guy also waiting to be interviewed. Turns out it was going to be a group interview. It was this very extroverted girl, the guy I befriended and I.

We got interviewed by I believe the store mananger? And then later we met the hiring manager and he handles all the hiring process of all of Texas and some other states? Not too sure.

It was a good experience, they asked everyone questions and they made me feel like it was ok to be not as extroverted. I would say the extroverted girl outshined the guy and I. So that could be why we didn't get hired, BUT they made a point to say, "we want a diverse staff" personality wise because their clients are diverse and a store would be chaotic if all the staff members were super hyper extroverts. So that made me feel like i had a chance! Too bad I didn't get a call back. But I would definitely apply again APPLE seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest regret or recent biggest regret/mistake and how would you do it over again?

If yo had an extremely difficult and angry customer how would you handle them?

Answer Question